Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2020, 06:16 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob864 View Post
I went to Haywood Mall last night and saw Shomars, my favorite restaurant there was closed. I hate going to Haywood Mall but I absolutely love eating at Shomars,they had the best onion rings around. I guess another Asian restaurant will get that prime spot in their Asian food court.
our entire family ate at Showmars - very good food - not sure why they closed? (I've read rents are ridiculously high/unsustainable? for some at HM) - also, wasn't this the only location outside of the Charlotte metro?

sad, one of the unique chains to leave Greenville/Upstate - like Bruegger's and Doc Chey's (I REALLY miss Doc Chey's - no equivalent in SC - I always eat there when I visit Atlanta)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 06:23 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,870,460 times
I really miss Bruegger's! Used to love getting the half priced dozen on I think it was Wed. And they gave a baker's dozen!

Old 01-11-2020, 06:37 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,466 times
Quote:
I went to Haywood Mall last night and saw Shomars, my favorite restaurant there was closed. I hate going to Haywood Mall but I absolutely love eating at Shomars,they had the best onion rings around. I guess another Asian restaurant will get that prime spot in their Asian food court.
I love Showmars too, but the best onion rings are down the street at The Clock.

Old 01-12-2020, 04:44 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
I went there too about a month ago and noticed Shomar's closed. Does anyone know when they closed? The space rent for the little convenience store across from it. was $10,000 a month and the owner told me they were pulling out, too expensive.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:30 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I went there too about a month ago and noticed Shomar's closed. Does anyone know when they closed? The space rent for the little convenience store across from it. was $10,000 a month and the owner told me they were pulling out, too expensive.
Sadly Showmar's closed 11/24. It was posted in the Haywood Mall thread. It lasted about 10 years.

They still have Food court locations at Southpark Mall and Northlake Mall and a bunch of freestanding locations around Charlotte.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:59 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Sadly Showmar's closed 11/24. It was posted in the Haywood Mall thread. It lasted about 10 years.

They still have Food court locations at Southpark Mall and Northlake Mall and a bunch of freestanding locations around Charlotte.
Showmar's originally had plans for additional freestanding locations in the Upstate. Apparently they were seeking franchise partners which never materialized. Wish they would return at another location.

Nearest location may be at I-85 and Hwy 321 exit in Gastonia, at a former Wendy's site if I am not mistaken.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:35 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Showmar's originally had plans for additional freestanding locations in the Upstate. Apparently they were seeking franchise partners which never materialized. Wish they would return at another location.

Nearest location may be at I-85 and Hwy 321 exit in Gastonia, at a former Wendy's site if I am not mistaken.
I think the old Hardees by the Parkway would be a good location for them.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:08 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I think the old Hardees by the Parkway would be a good location for them.

If it were torn down.
Based on their newest locations Showmars likes outparcels of big box shopping centers like Greenridge.

Old 01-14-2020, 06:43 PM

56 posts, read 57,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I love Showmars too, but the best onion rings are down the street at The Clock.
I actually went there and got the onion rings the same night. Personally, I didn't think they were even close to Shomars onion rings. I thought they were too greasy.

Old 01-20-2020, 07:44 AM

285 posts, read 457,339 times
Rocket Surgery closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area