Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2020, 05:08 PM

503 posts, read 693,326 times

Advertisements

I was coming down Woodruff Road Saturday around lunch time and noticed that Ruby Tuesdays Looked closed down. Not a single car in the lot and there was a paper sign taped to the door. Anybody know if they finally gave up and shut down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2020, 05:30 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
I was coming down Woodruff Road Saturday around lunch time and noticed that Ruby Tuesdays Looked closed down. Not a single car in the lot and there was a paper sign taped to the door. Anybody know if they finally gave up and shut down?
Pretty sure it's been shut down for quite some time now.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:15 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
For some reason last year several of the major chain restaurants on Woodruff Rd. closed down including Ruby Tuesday, Chili's, Applebee's, and Bojangle's. The Friday's remained open. The Bojangle's relocated to Five Forks.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:29 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
For some reason last year several of the major chain restaurants on Woodruff Rd. closed down including Ruby Tuesday, Chili's, Applebee's, and Bojangle's. The Friday's remained open. The Bojangle's relocated to Five Forks.

I think, technically, the Chili's could possibly be considered a relocation to Simpsonville..

Ruby Tuesday's is in serious trouble as a chain overall. I believe Simpsonville is still open, but I know that they closed down the Greenwood location.

Old 01-22-2020, 09:49 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I think, technically, the Chili's could possibly be considered a relocation to Simpsonville..

Ruby Tuesday's is in serious trouble as a chain overall. I believe Simpsonville is still open, but I know that they closed down the Greenwood location.
Yes, its still open, although I dont see how. Service and quality really went downhill. We went the 26th of Dec. Will most likely be my last time there.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:22 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Simpsonville and Cherrydale still open.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:31 PM

503 posts, read 693,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Pretty sure it's been shut down for quite some time now.

I must have some how missed that or just totally blocked it out of me mind lol. I know the last time I went into the one in simpsonville it as horrible for the price and I vowed never to eat there again.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:39 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Fast casual chains are taken a beating all over the US. Millennials prefer healthier options.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Fast casual chains are taken a beating all over the US. Millennials prefer healthier options.
Ruby Tuesday used to be a very good restaurant know for its salad bar, originally owned by Morrison's Cafeteria. I remember the old Haywood Mall location. Now they are owned by an Atlanta investment firm which also now operates Frisch's Big Boy in Kentucky and Ohio. Hopefully they can turn Ruby Tuesday back around and also continue to revitalize and expand Frisch's Big Boy. Wish we still had a Shoney's or Big Boy franchise here in the Upstate.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:52 AM

The Greenville Krystal location closed last year. Now the entire chain has filed for bankruptcy. I hope they reorganize and remain in business. Speculation they could be acquired by White Castle remains unfounded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area