Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 08:54 AM

102 posts, read 121,903 times

Advertisements

Smokehouse 29 2818 Wade Hampton Blvd, Taylors, SC 29687 has closed. Unfortunate - we really like that place. Sign at store says see us at Josey's. Good to know that their BBQ might still be available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 07:31 AM

428 posts, read 362,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringer46 View Post
Smokehouse 29 2818 Wade Hampton Blvd, Taylors, SC 29687 has closed. Unfortunate - we really like that place. Sign at store says see us at Josey's. Good to know that their BBQ might still be available.
That place was a KFC when I lived near there. Shows you how long ago that was. Was their BBQ good?

Old 11-19-2020, 06:55 AM

102 posts, read 121,903 times
I thought the BBQ was very good. Of course, different folks like different styles. Their portions were also excellent and I always got their fried okra as a side. Also large portion and very good. Maybe that's what the problem was that caused them to close - too large portions for the price. IDK, but I am going to stop by Joseys as their sign suggested to check it out.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:57 PM

826 posts, read 1,126,286 times
The Citgo in Five Forks has closed. The Wells Fargo ATM and shaved ice place left a few months ago. Something must be going in, but I’ve heard the long rumored Chick-fil-A is not it. Hopefully something worthwhile and not another medical/dental building or car wash.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:42 PM

503 posts, read 693,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
The Citgo in Five Forks has closed. The Wells Fargo ATM and shaved ice place left a few months ago. Something must be going in, but I’ve heard the long rumored Chick-fil-A is not it. Hopefully something worthwhile and not another medical/dental building or car wash.

Interesting, I had heard that Chick-fil-a was looking at the other end of hwy 14 at the old rite aid lot for a location when that five forks spot didnt work out but again its been months and nothing new with information on that also.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:01 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Not sure if anyone posted this yet but Belk in Easley appears to be closing. Someone said they went inside and the shelves were empty, the store in disarray and there were clearance signs all over the store.

Here is an article about possible closures.

Yet another retail chain may soon be shutting its doors amid the coronavirus pandemic. Regional department store Belk may be in trouble, according to a new report from Forbes that claims multiple Belk vendors say they're not being paid in a timely manner—if at all. Vendors are also reporting that many of their contacts at the store are issuing limited communications, with some going completely radio silent.

Belk was founded by the Belk family, who started the chain with a single store in their native North Carolina in 1888. The business has since expanded to 291 retail locations across 16 states in the Mid-Atlantic and South. The business remained largely family-run until 2015, when private equity firm Sycamore Partners purchased Belk for $3 billion.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/belo...160948490.html

Old 01-04-2021, 08:24 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Not sure if anyone posted this yet but Belk in Easley appears to be closing. Someone said they went inside and the shelves were empty, the store in disarray and there were clearance signs all over the store.

Yet another retail chain may soon be shutting its doors amid the coronavirus pandemic. Regional department store Belk may be in trouble, according to a new report from Forbes that claims multiple Belk vendors say they're not being paid in a timely manner—if at all. Vendors are also reporting that many of their contacts at the store are issuing limited communications, with some going completely radio silent.

Belk was founded by the Belk family, who started the chain with a single store in their native North Carolina in 1888. The business has since expanded to 291 retail locations across 16 states in the Mid-Atlantic and South. The business remained largely family-run until 2015, when private equity firm Sycamore Partners purchased Belk for $3 billion.

That article is 3 months old. The inventory may have appeared low in store recently because it is after the holiday's . I wouldn't make too much of that because Belk fulfills online orders out of the stores also. Not uncommon for clearance sales after the holidays. They told me stores were low on inventory to begin with this past holiday because of delays in manufacturing due to Covid shutdowns in other parts of the world. I would think they are also trying to keep inventory levels lower in case of another shutdown here. They don't want to be stuck with a lot of seasonal inventory they can't sell like last spring when the shutdowns happened.

I would think If Belk was in that much trouble Sycamore would not have been bidding billions to acquire JCP out of bankruptcy back in November and merge it with Belk.

Last edited by vistatiger; 01-04-2021 at 09:09 AM..

Old 01-04-2021, 09:45 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

I'm pretty sure that Belk signed a lease to expand into an adjacent corner of that shopping center. They may be drawing down inventory prior to the remodel that will come with the expansion into that adjacent space.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:59 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Brooks Brothers and Port City Java have shut down.

Old 01-04-2021, 11:47 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Brooks Brothers and Port City Java have shut down.
I thought BB was doing well in Greenville. I wonder if Simon will move them to Haywood since they own them now? Makes no sense for them to pay rent to someone else when they have space to fill at Haywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area