Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 07:46 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
It's been over a year, but a guy supposedly "in the know" told myself and the owner of Tropical Grill.
You are correct, just looked and see there is one parcel under contract. I guess they just moved that sign over to the right. Thanks for the heads up, look forward to seeing if its Outback, or who else it may be.

Last edited by Eldemila; 05-15-2015 at 08:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 08:20 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
No problem. I'm still a bit skeptical that an Outback would go next to an Aldis, but the guy sure sounded confident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
You are correct, just looked and see there is one parcel under contract. Inguess they just moved that sign over to the right. Thanks for the heads up, look forward to seeing if its Outback, or who else it may be.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:13 PM

10 posts, read 16,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Noticed Tony's Fabrics on Wade Hampton next to Bi-Lo is empty.
Yeah it's empty. Saw some people going in and out of there the other day. While I was at BI-LO looked like people were working inside. (they looked like contractors / crew) didn't really pay all that much attention though.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:04 AM

20 posts, read 36,541 times
After a long time of wondering, Cook Out has finally announced that it will start demolition and construction of it's next Upstate location on Wade Hampton next to Goodwill. Only one drive through instead of the originally planned two.

Cook-Out site, schedule set for Greer location | GreerToday.com

Old 05-21-2015, 07:48 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Default Cook-Out, 1353 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1124

Two or more additional complete drive through lanes are expensive to plan and construct. Each lane would need a combination conveyor belt/dumbwaiter to transport orders from the kitchen to each lane kiosk. I know Cook-Out at 1101 Harden Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29205-1007 has two complete drive through lanes using this model.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:48 PM

Default Cook-Out, 1353 West Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greer, South Carolina 29650-1124

I noticed some work going on the property Thursday. The first phase of the site work is demolishing all structures onsite. The second phase will be grading.

Old 05-29-2015, 05:21 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times
Default Lowes Foods in Greer

While out of town earlier this week we went in to a Lowes Foods grocery store, just to see what it looked like. Unfortunately, it was an old store. When someone asked if we needed help I told them that I was just checking it out because we were getting one in Greer. A few minutes later a gentleman came up to me and proceeded to tell me about the new store concept that we will be getting at the new store in Greer, and showed me pictures from a Grand Re-Opening of one of their current stores.

Impressive...a sausage making station, a pick and prep chopping station (for those too lazy, I mean busy, to do it themselves) a cakery, a Panini and pizza station, coffee bar, smoked meat section and other areas my mind cannot seem to remember at this time. He said that the checkouts, will have local Greer street names instead of checkout lane numbers.

Found this on the internet that shows one of their stores:

Tim Lowe transforming Lowes Foods | myfox8.com

Thankfully, we were told this was an old store. Had I not known, or found out, I would not be so thrilled about the new store coming to Greer, but after he showed me the pictures, and I found the video, I'm really looking forward to having a Lowes Foods come to Greer. It seems quite impressive! OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!

It would be nice if PUBLIX finally built a store in Greer...what are they waiting for???

Old 05-29-2015, 06:13 PM

I like Lowe's Foods creativity with its original ideas to enhance its service departments. Unfortunately, it lags behind in necessities like pharmacy. Lowe's Foods stores do not have pharmacies at the moment. I would like to see Lowe's Foods get creative in reviving the neighborhood drugstore with pharmacy and soda fountain, an opportunity that would be successful.

Tim Lowe, President of Lowe's Foods, is a pharmacist.

As for Publix in the City of Greer, I am unaware of any new leads.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:03 PM

Construction on the Cook-Out site is in progress. All structures were removed as of Thursday morning. Brush is presently being removed.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:40 PM

102 posts, read 121,871 times
The new Lowes store in Greer looks interesting based on the video Eldemila linked. Question is though, just when are they going to start building the thing??? Absolutely nothing happening at the proposed site. Anybody know what the hold up is? Perhaps the power line problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area