Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,236,505 times

Advertisements

Greer has a lot or retail coming in recently with Walmart Neighborhood Market and Kohl's. Might as well discuss Greer's retail here.

I recently heard Publix Super Markets will be opening a store within the City of Greer at West Wade Hampton Boulevard (US-29) and North Buncombe Road (SC-101/SC-290) behind QuikTrip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM

65 posts, read 116,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Greer has a lot or retail coming in recently with Walmart Neighborhood Market and Kohl's. Might as well discuss Greer's retail here.

I recently heard Publix Super Markets will be opening a store within the City of Greer at West Wade Hampton Boulevard (US-29) and North Buncombe Road (SC-101/SC-290) behind QuikTrip.
Where did you hear about Publix opening a store in Greer?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
I'm still waiting on Ingles to rebuild/renovate all of their older stores here. Will it ever happen?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwint View Post
Where did you hear about Publix opening a store in Greer?
I was informed by several people today.

I have read Publix had been considering a store in Greer in the future. Likely with Food Lion's recent closing, Walmart Neighborhood Market's recent opening and Publix's Charlotte Division expansion meaning more stores, Publix may have seen an opportunity to increase their presence in the upstate South Carolina region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I'm still waiting on Ingles to rebuild/renovate all of their older stores here. Will it ever happen?
Ingle's just opened its new store in Mills River, Henderson County, North Carolina this past Wednesday. The store took less than a year to build and open. Ingle's will be expanding its Barber Boulevard store in Waynesville, Haywood County, North Carolina and will replace its Spartanburg Highway store in Hendersonville, Henderson County, North Carolina.

If Ingle's is adding stores again and rebuilding/replacing stores, stores due for said improvements will be getting their days soon.

Ingle's in Greer got a new palet decor and divided aisles. No word yet if Ingle's has plans for a second Greer store.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:44 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
What about the Ingles in Powdersville and Moonville? Looks like tornadoes went through them. They need rebuilding badly.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,287 times
Meh, only thing I wish would come is the supposed Kohl's in Greer. That and better restaurants.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 PM

78 posts, read 301,552 times
I've lived here for over 5 years now and have heard about Publix 'maybe' coming to Greer all this time. I would love to know if the recent rumors are true. The old Food Lion/Bloom location on WH would be superb. No other grocery comes close to their deli and bakery offerings IMHO.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,758,092 times
I know for a fact that Publix is looking at the site behind the QT. The only issue holding it up is one of the property owners. Publix is coming as soon as it finds a suitable site, if this one does not work out. The old Bloom location will not work because of a long term lease issue and because it is in a terrible location to get into and out of. That site could sit vacant for a long time.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
What about the Ingles in Powdersville and Moonville? Looks like tornadoes went through them. They need rebuilding badly.
Ingle's Markets #29, Moonville, is currently the oldest store in upstate South Carolina still operating. That store could use a replacement first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Meh, only thing I wish would come is the supposed Kohl's in Greer. That and better restaurants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyDog View Post
I've lived here for over 5 years now and have heard about Publix 'maybe' coming to Greer all this time. I would love to know if the recent rumors are true. The old Food Lion/Bloom location on WH would be superb. No other grocery comes close to their deli and bakery offerings IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I know for a fact that Publix is looking at the site behind the QT. The only issue holding it up is one of the property owners. Publix is coming as soon as it finds a suitable site, if this one does not work out. The old Bloom location will not work because of a long term lease issue and because it is in a terrible location to get into and out of. That site could sit vacant for a long time.
I will agree with furmanpals that Food Lion's location was terrible. It is a bad thing about long term leases for 20 years when your store does not do well and closes five or six years in.

Publix is very good about selecting their locations. It may not be the former D&D Ford location, but locating on the northwest corner of West Wade Hampton Boulevard and North Buncombe Road will be advantageous as residences are increasing in that direction. Add a connection into Piedmont Marketplace for access and you have an improved retail center.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM

QuikTrip received approval from the City of Greer to construct a store at 2414 South Highway 14 between Johns Road and Concourse Way going toward Interstate 85. (Greer Today, 2013-04-18)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area