Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:11 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Not near Mr. Salsa but corner of Suber Road and WHB. Nothing but trees across from Mr. Salsa (IMO best Mexican on WHB!)

Sure wish that Kohl's would make a move. Sorry dept stores!
Unfortunately that's not saying much; food that is somehow over salted yet bland at the same time and canned salsa. You could literally call in Corona's, Monterrey, Sabroso's, etc. and the taste would be identical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
No activity to report on Kohl's at Piedmont Marketplace on West Wade Hampton Boulevard. The for lease sign in the vacant Kmart space remains present. If Kohl's is committed to locating here, the for lease sign would have been removed. Everything else in this retail center is vacant. Tractor Supply Company continues to do well for its niche.

Harrison's Workwear at Collins Corner on East Wade Hampton Boulevard closed recently. The chain has added new stores in Asheville and Greensboro in North Carolina. Its Mauldin and Spartanburg stores have more room to utilize its needs and offer more than what Greer did.
I recently spoke with someone who works at the Kohls on Woodruff. She said the one in Greer's still a go.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Not near Mr. Salsa but corner of Suber Road and WHB. Nothing but trees across from Mr. Salsa (IMO best Mexican on WHB!)

Sure wish that Kohl's would make a move. Sorry dept stores!
Mr. Salsa is located on Wade Hampton Boulevard at Saint Mark Road in Taylors. Across the street a retail center was once envisioned.

Something can still go up there, maybe like a supermarket. A supermarket would work if there is high population density to support one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers1987 View Post
In late April greertoday.com reported that Kohl's is still planning to open in the old Kmart building. It has just been delayed until sometime next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I recently spoke with someone who works at the Kohls on Woodruff. She said the one in Greer's still a go.
Someone may want to remove that "for lease" sign then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
The Lighting Center is closing.
I guess someone is turning the switch off or ran out of bright ideas. Joking aside, The Lighting Center has been in business for years.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Yeah, just got a mailer yesterday inviting us to the private closing sale or something. Sad to see a local retailer go out of business. There's a furniture place down WHB that is also closing soon.

In regards to good Mexican food. Sure their food taste similar to all the other mexican places. To truly get 'authentic' Mexican food you have to go to Mexico. But they are my favorite place on WHB though.

My 2nd would be Asada Food Truck..mmmm

Old 07-26-2013, 03:10 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
There's a furniture place down WHB that is also closing soon.

In regards to good Mexican food. Sure their food taste similar to all the other mexican places. To truly get 'authentic' Mexican food you have to go to Mexico. But they are my favorite place on WHB though.

My 2nd would be Asada Food Truck..mmmm
If you're talking about the one on WH by 14 who has had the going out of business sale for about a year, I wonder what the definition of "soon" or "final days" actually means up here.

My son is in Mexico for the summer. He claims the Mexican food down there isn't so hot and has been eating foods of other nationalities. As long as he doesn't suffer Montezuma's revenge, and comes home safe, I'll be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Unfortunately that's not saying much; food that is somehow over salted yet bland at the same time and canned salsa. You could literally call in Corona's, Monterrey, Sabroso's, etc. and the taste would be identical.
I thought the salsa at Mr. Salsa was awful, I didn't think the food was much better. I asked if the salsa was made fresh, and got a "yes." I guess to them it meant that they just opened the can and made the salsa recently.

I still haven't found good salsa here, though I do like the avocado salsa at Papas & Beer, but I'll continue to search for a good fresh tomato based salsa, as I still search for good eggplant parmesan and pizza (closer than Black Mountain)!

Old 07-26-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
If you're talking about the one on WH by 14 who has had the going out of business sale for about a year, I wonder what the definition of "soon" or "final days" actually means up here.
Would you be referring to Bond's Furniture? They have gone from a "retirement sale," in recognition of an employee retiring and the business continuing, to an actual "store closing sale," in the sense the business is closing for good and the remaining inventory has to be sold. One wonders if they are actually staying in business and if they are dependent on sales to bring customers in.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:03 AM

Yeah, it's Bond's Furniture. Along the same lines of store closings - Iced - closed down a few weeks ago.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:19 AM

411 posts, read 853,530 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's Bond's Furniture. Along the same lines of store closings - Iced - closed down a few weeks ago.
Yeah, I bought a couch from Bond's last fall. I got a good deal but they said they were retiring/restructuring at the time. They have been milking the store closing deal for quite some time though.

I'm not surprised that Iced went under. I was never terribly impressed. Their cupcakes seemed smaller than The Chocolate Moose (i.e. Cupcake) and more expensive. The cupcakes were good but mouth watering or extraordinary. I do wonder why they chose to shut up shop completely. It seems that it would have behooved them to continue either on the festival circuit or doing a food truck enterprise. But then again, maybe they just got tired of it. Their website directs you to patronize Art Eats on North Street.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:09 PM

I noticed Greer Express Lube on West Wade Hampton Boulevard closed and IHOP already up structurally at West Wade Hampton Boulevard and North Suber Road.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 AM

Is the IHOP the anchor store at the end of that mini-strip?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area