Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:03 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

I know I've talked about hubby's experience before but for the life of me, I can't find it, so I want to re-tell it for those who insist that once you die, that's it. This is possibly the greatest "gift" he ever gave me. He and I were just co-workers when this happened. He didn't tell me the story until we had been dating for a few years.

Back in '89 or '90 hubby was hit by a hit and run. He flew over 80' down the street. He remembered looking down on a crowd of people gathered 'round him and the EMTs working on him. He felt no pain and could see a light that he was floating into with his grandparents waiting at the end. He said it was so peaceful but remembers thinking for a split nano second that he didn't want to go yet.

BOOM!!! He was back in his body and was filled with intense pain. One of the EMTs said "good, ****, you're back". (EMT was a cousin) Hubby had been flatlining for a few minutes.

Hubby never talked about his experience except to me and I told others when the appropriate time in conversations led me to. His experience has led me to not be afraid to die. Yeah, I don't want to but when the time comes, I know there is something more out there and it's not from watching people on tv who have had the experience! My very own hubby had it too so I KNOW there is life after death now.

I hope my hubby's story will help those who have lost a loved one to know they ARE in a "better place".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 12:12 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Some believe and others say it's an hallucination. We don't get to find out till we get there. And no one comes back after being dead a few days to tell us about it.

My MIL said the night after her H died, he walked into the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed. He just smiled at her then walked away. She was asleep and groggy. All she did was smile back at him. Was it real or a dream? We'll never know.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:16 PM

708 posts, read 1,296,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Some believe and others say it's an hallucination. We don't get to find out till we get there. And no one comes back after being dead a few days to tell us about it.

My MIL said the night after her H died, he walked into the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed. He just smiled at her then walked away. She was asleep and groggy. All she did was smile back at him. Was it real or a dream? We'll never know.
You have no idea of what you are talking about, since you haven't had the same experience as the OP. They had an experience, you only have a belief, which is the same as saying, I DON't KNOW. An experience is not the same as a belief. I hope that you can see the difference. It's one thing to say maybe something happened or maybe not, but to say absoutely not is ridiculous. "We don't get to find out till we get there." That isn't a fact. That is simply your opinion. That's not my experience.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:37 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
You have no idea of what you are talking about, since you haven't had the same experience as the OP. They had an experience, you only have a belief, which is the same as saying, I DON't KNOW. An experience is not the same as a belief. I hope that you can see the difference. It's one thing to say maybe something happened or maybe not, but to say absoutely not is ridiculous. "We don't get to find out till we get there." That isn't a fact. That is simply your opinion. That's not my experience.
Actually the OP did not have an experience at all.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:11 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
It is what it is. You learn about things, live, experience them.

I almost died - twice - when I was 14 years old. When I was 12, my parent moved to a house which I was quite sure was haunted. I still think that there is something weird going on in that place. I experience prophetic dreams. It is what it is.

Some are permitted to see a bit of what is to come. Those who don't will just never understand.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:37 PM

40 posts, read 85,821 times
My husband also told me about his out of body experiences during several critical times when his heart had stopped. We weren't religious so it took him a long time to talk to me about what happened. Later he would tell me not to worry about him dying because he knew what a comforting experience it was. He's been gone two years and there are times I have a strong feeling of him being with me.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:20 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,845 times
to exist in this visible dimension, the spirit need a material body, the life of this body has a beginning and an end, while the invisible part will continue to live, this is a truth that does not belong only to the ancient cults but also to modern religions

to the op .. do not fear death it's just a passing phase

Old 07-08-2012, 01:01 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
There have been many scientific studies conducted that explain (or at least partially explain) the pathology behind out of body experiences.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,845 times
Mind experiences.....our body is not able to contac the invisible forces that surround us

our mind contains the elements that allow communication with the spiritual part and the material, our mind can keep the material body alive, in other cases it can force the materia to death. Many persons become ill after a strong emotional trauma, the loss of a son or other loved ones, even the loss of a job can cause psychological stress and consequently a weakening of the immune system,

I think that a system as complicated as our mind is can not be the fruit of a simple random cell contained in a primordial soup evolution, it sounds a little ridiculous and a hypothetical creator can not did it just in one day

Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There have been many scientific studies conducted that explain (or at least partially explain) the pathology behind out of body experiences.
scientific my aunt nelly---once you have had a nde---you can feel empathy for the non believers---those that have gone before us are exsisting happily on another plane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning