Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 01:19 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,641,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Keeping a vigil on our family cat, Simon. I have some Chopin playing and a lightly scented candle burning.

He's been asleep most of the morning, and I just hope he passes quietly in his sleep.

I don't see him making it through the day. It's also the second anniversary of my father's passing.

You just get so emotionally attached to them as they become such a part of your family.
Didn't read the other posts but I just wanted to say how very sorry I am and he isn't just a pet, he's a part of your family. I'm sure Simon had a good life thanks to you and you can take comfort in that. RIP little Simon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 03:25 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,454 times
I'm very sorry for your loss. RIP Simon, I hope you enjoy getting to know and playing with all the other kittehs on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge!

I'm crying at work thinking about my good ol' Black Kitty, who passed in April 2016 of Feline Leukemia....he was only supposed to live 2-3 years but he made it to 7. I know the feeling OP.

I still keep the sliding closet door open about 6 inches so "he" can come in and out lol....I can't help it

Old 09-20-2016, 05:08 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Quote:
Keeping a vigil on our family cat, Simon. I have some Chopin playing and a lightly scented candle burning.

He's been asleep most of the morning, and I just hope he passes quietly in his sleep.

I don't see him making it through the day. It's also the second anniversary of my father's passing.

You just get so emotionally attached to them as they become such a part of your family.
May Simon RIP.

Indeed, out of curiosity--how old was Simon at the time of his death?

Old 09-20-2016, 06:20 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
RIP Simon.

I believe that we will see our beloved pets on the other side. At least, that is my hope. For I too have pets whom I consider family.

Pedro, if there are horses in heaven, why not cats?

Quote:
"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True."
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...lation%2019:11

Old 09-20-2016, 06:26 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
I'm very sorry for the loss of your very good friend. They are family and their loss is great. Take care.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:45 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Thank you both. He passed away at 1:11 this afternoon.
I'm sorry for your loss. I had to put my 14 year old cat to sleep a few months ago due to incurable cancer. He passed while I held him in my arms. A month later my mother had a stroke and they found cancer and a month after that my brother died suddenly in his 30's. It's been a difficult year but in a way my cat has been the hardest to deal with because he was literally part of my life every day for 10 years since I adopted him.

Always remember the the good time and joy he brought you.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:54 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I'm so sorry.

Sometimes at night, with the door closed and our two fur slugs downstairs, I feel a cat jump up on my bed. It's comforting in a way.

I hope you will find comfort.
I have felt that, too---the "ghost" cat. Many others on this board report similar experiences. OP, know your beloved pet is not gone, but in another reality, where he still watches over you. The pet/human bond is very strong, not to be broken in death.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:28 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
RIP Simon.

I believe that we will see our beloved pets on the other side. At least, that is my hope. For I too have pets whom I consider family.

Pedro, if there are horses in heaven, why not cats?
If all the cats from my life were gathered in one place, they'd fight like hell.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:32 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If all the cats from my life were gathered in one place, they'd fight like hell.
I don't think the "other side" is constrained by size, so they probably each have their own territory, chasing ghost mice and getting round-eyed when they see a ghost squirrel.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:36 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Pets are part of the family; even more important, they function as children in the family. We'd die for them, or kill for them if needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning