Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times

Advertisements

Back to the OP's original complaint, and the article that was posted from barfblog, which stated:
"...the sense of dopiness in the state has apparently gotten so bad that the state Department of Agriculture has to allocate resources to a public awareness campaign to remind Oregonians it's illegal for dogs to enter grocery stores - unless it's a service dog."
and the article from the NYTimes said:
"In response to the complaints, Oregon is about to begin an unusual campaign, distributing posters and pamphlets to about 4,500 retail stores that sell food. The message is this: Animals, except those trained to help the disabled, are not allowed."
That's the bottom line. It's illegal to bring pets into restaurants and stores that sell food, due to Public Health Regulations, pretty much anywhere in this country. How hard is that to understand?

All the rationalization and justification and goofy excuses miss the point. It's illegal for pets to brought into any business that sells food to the public.

Tell a friend.

Oregon: Live dangerously with dogs; lose a sandwich | barfblog

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/03/us/03dogs.html?_r=1

Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

no point in arguing with a closed minded person who can't or won't understand how filthy people and especially children are but dogs simply are not. Period.
It doesn't matter what your justification is for insisting your dog be allowed in the supermarket. He isn't allowed, because the law says he isn't allowed. If you want to break the law, that's your prerogative. Just like it's my prerogative (and actually, my duty as a citizen) to report you for it if I witness it.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 AM

559 posts, read 1,394,776 times
I saw a dog in the food section of Target once. A woman had her Yorkie sitting in the child seat of the shopping cart. I didn't mind. I started a conversation with her and told her how cute the dog is.

Shortly after I talked to her another customer scolded her for bringing her dog in.

That's the only time I've seen a pet in a grocery store that wasn't a service dog.

I wouldn't bring a pet with me into a grocery store, but I don't mind if other people do.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:31 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
It doesn't matter what your justification is for insisting your dog be allowed in the supermarket. He isn't allowed, because the law says he isn't allowed. If you want to break the law, that's your prerogative. Just like it's my prerogative (and actually, my duty as a citizen) to report you for it if I witness it.

good grief........someone would have to do a lot worse than have a pet in the store before I ratted em out to the authorities............wow.....just wow

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 09-04-2012 at 12:07 PM..

Old 09-04-2012, 11:35 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Given the choice between having a dog in the grocery store or having to deal with a shopping cart covered with green baby poo, I'll take the pup, thanks.

20yrisnBranson

Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Closed. Can't keep babies out of it apparently.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness