Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,490 times

Advertisements

It sounds exactly how I feel after an afternoon nap. I know a restful break is good, but to feel that weird like I'm losing my mind isn't too pleasant. The cause I don't know, but I don't feel like that when I wake up in the morning. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,196 times
at day time I am fine but at the evening at after 6:40 I have this strange feelings.I feel like I shouldn't miss any part of life,Iam not sure what I feel but this is seriously not letting me to study.Please help, tell me how to get rid of this. Maybe these
feelings are due to staying alone ,not being social, tolerating mental tortures, not telling our problems to anybody etc.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,196 times
at day time I am fine but at the evening at after 6:40 I have this strange feelings .I feel like I shouldn't miss any part of life, I am not sure what I feel but this is seriously not letting me to study .Please help, tell me how to get rid of this. Maybe these
feelings are due to staying alone, not being social, tolerating mental tortures, not telling our problems to anybody etc.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,835 times
Interesting. I too feel disoriented when I wake up from a short nap, however I quite like that "out of touch with life" feeling. I feel very calm, and comfortable. I feel like I'm looking at the concept of life from a distance, like an independent observer. I feel like if my life was to end at that point, I would be indifferent. I really like that feeling, too bad it only lasts about ten minutes for life to catch up with you. Depends on what your regular life is like I suppose.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,195 times
feeling bad mood after nap or after any wake up is sign of Depression, anxiety or stress. It may be unnoticed depression I do suffer from bad mood after nap, I do everything to avoid nap coz bad feeling after wake up. coz the soul relax at sleep and liberate from all those stress and Anxiety. it feels anxiety free. as soon as u wake and back to reality its Just feel bad. this the Interpretation I gave it. I am not psychologist or psychiatric its Just from my experience. when I go through depression period I wish I will not wake up in the Morning I wish the day will not come up so I tried to give it scientific explanation. After few online investigation and reading the experience of others I came out with this conclusion. when we are depressed or stressed or we have anxiety our mind or our soul is agonizing it relax only during sleeping, when we wake up we come back to real life to revive those anxiety and stress, That why we feel bad mood.

Last edited by somnambule; 03-13-2016 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-14-2016, 11:34 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,753,016 times
I know this post is several years old, but I wanted to let you know I can relate. Not currently, but when I was in college. I'd take a nap, but during that nap I would feel all jittery and shaky. I would wake up in a panic and dread because I felt I should have spent that time doing homework.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:18 AM

543 posts, read 943,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
I know this post is several years old, but I wanted to let you know I can relate. Not currently, but when I was in college. I'd take a nap, but during that nap I would feel all jittery and shaky. I would wake up in a panic and dread because I felt I should have spent that time doing homework.
I just googled :sleeping in the evening weird" and this was the first topic that came up. I know this post is several years old(OP stopped posting in 2010) but I had to write this. It is 6:45 in the evening and I just had one of these naps. And I feel terrible. I feel anxious, like my life is flying by, I feel like I need to talk to friends...anyone really, I feel like my beloved Golden Retriever Romeo(9 years old) is getting there in age and I am afraid he will someday die.

I have had this feeling before and something I notice:
1.) It usually happens if it gets late like say after 5 pm. If I wake up at 3:45 or 4:30...not so much.

2.) The "feeling" slowly but surely dissipates. It takes about an hour(depends).

I have terrible sleep pattern and hardly average 4 hours of sleep a night so I seek these moments of sleep. Usually I really enjoy them-nothing beats the sensation of lazing around on the bed just waking up, but this often happens also.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,556 times
I know how you feel. You summed up to how I feel; anxiety and feeling alone-loneliness but not suicidal. To cut it short. The only logical explanation is you miss your mom or dad whom ever you had close bond with. Your mom or dad didn't pick you up right away and left you as a child crying for minutes and finally picked you up to comfort you. Mothers cradle their children when waking up from nap. When your mom or dad picked you up from nap you feel safe and loved, the hidden psychological part of that is you miss that comfort. Adults taking nap without being comforted from their parents specially the mother not being there you feel unsafe. Our mothers can only cure that lol. Yes, I believe mothers and children have this tight bond, we carry their blood. And, when we were fetus (specially male boys) mother transfer hormones that bonds them together til 30's and disappears. For females it's different haven't done my research yet. I hope that answers the question.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,195 times
I suggest to not have Nap after 4PM or 5PM, Nap should be short no more than 30 min and after Lunch.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
I feel exactly the same as you feel, it's like feeling empty soul and depress after waking up. But I realize this only happen if I sleep when the day is still bright, and wake up when the day is dark. I think we get the feeling because we feel that we have wasted a lot day time and did not do anything, we feel sorry for our self, feel like that day wasn't worth.

Try to find something to do when you get this feeling, something that you think is worth, watching tv, playing games or so on will get the feeling worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness