Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:52 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,505,541 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the powers that be in California offered a deal to keep those employees there ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 04:16 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,565,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I wonder if the powers that be in California offered a deal to keep those employees there ?
The building isn't cancelled. Just put on hold to fix designs.

Old 12-19-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The building isn't cancelled. Just put on hold to fix designs.
Where did you get "to fix designs"? The article says "NYSE: CVX) has put plans for a 50-story downtown tower on the back burner as it shifts resources elsewhere". Sounds like they're having second thoughts to me. In a couple of years nobody will be thinking about this project...

Old 12-19-2013, 04:41 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,392 times
Quote:
Where did you get "to fix designs"? The article says "NYSE: CVX) has put plans for a 50-story downtown tower on the back burner as it shifts resources elsewhere". Sounds like they're having second thoughts to me. In a couple of years nobody will be thinking about this project...
1. they have frozen all projects in place , except for the mid land one( not just Houston but varies other cities)

2. They are still going thu with employee tranfers to Houston, and stated they are still bulking of their employee work force in Houston, so the tranfers are still happening.

what it sounds like to me is that they may have signed a tenet deal with one of the new towers planned. Why else would they freeze the building , but state they will go ahead witht he employee transfers

Old 12-19-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
1. they have frozen all projects in place , except for the mid land one( not just Houston but varies other cities)

2. They are still going thu with employee tranfers to Houston, and stated they are still bulking of their employee work force in Houston, so the tranfers are still happening.

what it sounds like to me is that they may have signed a tenet deal with one of the new towers planned. Why else would they freeze the building , but state they will go ahead witht he employee transfers
They cut the number of tranfers in half from 800 to 400 according to the article. They haven't signed any tenet deal yet, or it would have been all over the business pages...we'll see

Old 12-19-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
They cut the number of tranfers in half from 800 to 400 according to the article. They haven't signed any tenet deal yet, or it would have been all over the business pages...we'll see
Cutting the number of employees is not new they annonced that before they even did the tower.

Most companies dont talk about pending deals till they signed, Like I said they could have signed up for one of the proposed buildings that have not been bulit yet ..if that is the case they would not formally say anthing till the building was under construction.. Why else do you think that developers make glib comments like we have some tenets lined up but they never say who till construction has stated

Old 12-19-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Cutting the number of employees is not new they annonced that before they even did the tower.

Most companies dont talk about pending deals till they signed, Like I said they could have signed up for one of the proposed buildings that have not been bulit yet ..if that is the case they would not formally say anthing till the building was under construction.. Why else do you think that developers make glib comments like we have some tenets lined up but they never say who till construction has stated
So they would sign a deal in a new building to temporarily office some employees till they get their building built? Why not just sign a lease in a existing building and not have to wait ? I guess I haven't kept up with these events as closely as I would think...

Old 12-19-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
So they would sign a deal in a new building to temporarily office some employees till they get their building built? Why not just sign a lease in a existing building and not have to wait ? I guess I haven't kept up with these events as closely as I would think...
Since they were not planning to start construction any way till , mid 2014( the same time that many of the other buildings are suppose to start) it really nothing gained or lost. Second, it cheaper to lease space anyway.Most of the transfers were to be slow over the 2014.2015 time span to begin with. So you hold back instead of buiding you own building and see what kind of tenet deals you can get for what will be a tenet hungry market if even half the proposed towers get built

Old 12-19-2013, 06:14 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,565,329 times
Quote:
From haif.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Since they were not planning to start construction any way till , mid 2014( the same time that many of the other buildings are suppose to start) it really nothing gained or lost. Second, it cheaper to lease space anyway.Most of the transfers were to be slow over the 2014.2015 time span to begin with. So you hold back instead of buiding you own building and see what kind of tenet deals you can get for what will be a tenet hungry market if even half the proposed towers get built
OK so you do think they are having second thoughts about their own building period. Even after the city and others jumped through all those hoops to get them a better deal to build?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston