Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:21 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
OK so you do think they are having second thoughts about their own building period. Even after the city and others jumped through all those hoops to get them a better deal to build?
Yep, but from a bussiness stance I can understand.. why build a new tower when a bunch of new ones wil be built by someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:43 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,007,186 times
Maybe they plan to move into the rebuilt building that Exxon will vacate in 2014-2015. Timing would be right.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM

954 posts, read 1,550,562 times
Quote:
I wonder if the powers that be in California offered a deal to keep those employees there ?
The company does not expect to make a decision on when the project could resume until after 2014, Higgs said. Delaying the building, he added, will not affect previously announced employee relocations into Houston.
Higgs said Chevron is still committed to building the tower, as well as a few other real estate projects it had planned around the country that are also being suspended. A large office building project in Midland is moving forward.
Chevron puts downtown tower on hold - Prime Property
And it looks like they've assigned a higher priority to the building project in Midland than Houston. No doubt
the Permian Basin is hot.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,505,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
The company does not expect to make a decision on when the project could resume until after 2014, Higgs said. Delaying the building, he added, will not affect previously announced employee relocations into Houston.
Higgs said Chevron is still committed to building the tower, as well as a few other real estate projects it had planned around the country that are also being suspended. A large office building project in Midland is moving forward.
Chevron puts downtown tower on hold - Prime Property
And it looks like they've assigned a higher priority to the building project in Midland than Houston. No doubt
the Permian Basin is hot.
Yes and the Midland office market is 98% occupied. Like truth713 suggested they may decide to lease in some of the other office building being built downtown or maybe like Texas7 suggested they may be looking at a refurbished radiator instead

Old 12-20-2013, 04:06 PM

954 posts, read 1,550,562 times
Quote:
Yes and the Midland office market is 98% occupied. Like truth713 suggested they may decide to lease in some of the other office building being built downtown or maybe like Texas7 suggested they may be looking at a refurbished radiator instead
Are they still talking about building that 50+ story skyscraper in Midland ? And of course I'm not talking about
Chevron's Midland project, because I may not know how many stories are planned for it but I'm sure it's nothing like 50 some stories ?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:47 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,505,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Are they still talking about building that 50+ story skyscraper in Midland ? And of course I'm not talking about
Chevron's Midland project, because I may not know how many stories are planned for it but I'm sure it's nothing like 50 some stories ?
The last I read is as soon as they pre-lease 30% or so the City will donate the land and construction will start. Most articles say it is planned for 53 floors...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston