Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 07:04 AM

16 posts, read 28,331 times

Advertisements

i hadn't realized that the folks who stood around watching kitty genovese murdered were now writing messages denouncing those who take action to protect their neighbor and property

Old 02-24-2008, 03:09 PM

24 posts, read 58,261 times
Its about time thugs,thieves & murderers got what they deserved.This is not a black against white thing,that the somewhat human piece of garbage like QuanellX & all who support him allege!This was a citizens millitiaman's right ,by Texas law,that permitted Joe to deny thugs from robbing & possibly murdering.These men had rap sheets & were violent offenders in the country of their legal residence.They invaded this country illegally to commit crimes against what they thought was a bleeding heart ,twisted ,PC society where the perps are insanely molded into victims & the victims morphed into perps.

I think all law abiding citizens,of all races,should be glad of this Texas law that lets you protect your rights against virmin like these two were.Remember ,there were two much younger men confronting Joe,& he warned them.The police cannot be everywhere,just remember the Rodney King riots,LAPD were nowhere to be found!I live now in a NW Indiana,not far from Gary,& its very well known around here & the nation the cops often don't respond to calls like this very quickly,because they themelves know the concequences in bad areas & towns like these.

If you are a law abiding citizen of any race,join those who,like Joe Horn,who want to end thug rule & this nations PC twisting of violent crime laws.I wish all states would enact the Texas law,& it becomes law of the land!For you bleeders put the shoe on the other foot & imagine two beasts like these invading your home,possibly while you & yours were there.

Charlton Heston of the NRA,a great actor also to say the least,told an account that during the King riots,some friends of his who were his most vocal anti gun critics,began to hear the rabble of thugs & their gunshots near their masions in the more affluent areas they lived in,begged him to loan them his guns.We all know the rest of the story of the "brave & quick responing" LAPD's measures taken to protect people like Reginal Denny!

"Those who turn their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-24-2008, 03:13 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,568,977 times
Before we make it a completely racial thing, it should be mentioned that a black trucker living nearby in South Central who saw Denny's beating on TV was the one to go out and pull him off the street and into his truck to get medical attention. In short, he saved his life.

Using deadly force to protect other people's property is the grey area here. If they were on Horn's property this would probably not be an issue anymore...

Old 02-24-2008, 04:18 PM

23 posts, read 23,226 times
So killing/murdering someone over a piece of property/merchandise/things is okay even if the law allows? Were his neighbors lives in jeopardy at that very time? Was Horns life in jeopardy at that very time? It doesn't matter what color the victims are it is wrong!

Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 PM

24 posts, read 58,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnew2008 View Post
Was Horns life in jeopardy at that very time?
Ask Joe Horn that one,maybe?Lets not forget these were career criminals,& may have done something to hurt Joe or others.I wonder if the two assailants were white ,what would that racist moron QuanellX do.Nothing ,I guarantee it.People like him are parasites who have a feeding frenzy on what they percive is racial discord.

When a white grade schooler was killed acidentaly or so they said,by a black classmate using his mothers live in male partners gun,not one of the leading black advocates came to protest gun violence.If it were the other way the Rev. Jesse & his gang of cohorts would be there stirring up a whole lot of racial mess!This was in Michigan, remember?

If these human feces bags did'nt go to rob a home,not knowing if it was occupied or not;1)They probably had the intent to commit bodlily harm
2)They were prepared to accept the risks of being harmed themselves.They were warned & threatened Joe,so he did what the law empowered him to do.

So as ABC portrayed one of the women who was inseminated & had a baby by one of these scum buckets,as a victim,a lot of us have more sense to believe this PC rubbish.This may be taking this law to its extremes but the end result is two hardened, embolden,illegal alien,career criminals,who tempted the wrong man,are put out to pasture & cannot harm anyone again.

In summary ,I think this case will make demons like these,think it over very carefully before they invade a home.Who knows that home may be yours.If there were more Joe Horns of any race out there there'd be a lot less criminals running the streets like they are now.I know the PC brigade won't like it though!

Old 02-25-2008, 08:29 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,787,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
People who choose to live civilized lives have a social contract with each other whereby they agree not to do harm to one another so that everyone can get farther in life by not having to constantly battle it out. When you do things like break into another's home you are breaking the social contract and thus are no longer entitled to an expectation that you will not be harmed by another person.
Very well stated. It seems to me that no TV would be worth a human life, but the act of forcing your way into a home with the occupants present is terrorizing. Someone with judgement poor enough to engage in this activity obviously can not be trusted to "do the right thing" and whatever course of action the invaded occupant selects is probably justified.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Before we make it a completely racial thing, it should be mentioned that a black trucker living nearby in South Central who saw Denny's beating on TV was the one to go out and pull him off the street and into his truck to get medical attention. In short, he saved his life.

Using deadly force to protect other people's property is the grey area here. If they were on Horn's property this would probably not be an issue anymore...

the reality in the denney case is that the only thing that he did wrong was stop his truck. he should have driven over all of the trash that were in his way

Old 02-25-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Very well stated. It seems to me that no TV would be worth a human life, but the act of forcing your way into a home with the occupants present is terrorizing. Someone with judgement poor enough to engage in this activity obviously can not be trusted to "do the right thing" and whatever course of action the invaded occupant selects is probably justified.

of course a tv is worth more than a thief's life. that is NOT the choice that i make, it is solely the choice of a piece of [MOD CUT] that decides to break into my house. he, and he alone, has made the conscious decision that his life is not worth as much as my tv. when i blow his worthless head off, i am simply granting his wish to die

Last edited by da jammer; 02-25-2008 at 09:07 AM..

Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
That 911 tape is what is going to bury Horn. You can shoot someone coming into your house or at you. Horn was inside his home, under no direct danger. If he had stayed inside like he was instructed to do, he wouldn't be in this problem. The burglars were leaving as in retreating. He put himself in danger. Even law enforcement can't shoot at someone running away unless there is a danger to others. I know in the movies you see cops shooting at fleeing suspects, but in real life that's a no-no.
that simply shows that you have no idea of what you're talking about. you should read the law. texas penal code sections 9.31-34 and 9.41-43. you ARE authorized to use deadly force to prevent a thief from removing property from the scene of a burglary, even if he has it on the way across the street.
it's a great law

Old 02-25-2008, 09:00 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,709,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjumbo View Post
...texas penal code sections 9.31-34 and 9.41-43. you ARE authorized to use deadly force to prevent a thief from removing property from the scene of a burglary, even if he has it on the way across the street...

So in other words, when I'm going on my walk around the neighborhood and half a mile from my house I see someone coming out of a window with some goods, the law says I can kill him?

I think you need to check your choice of pronouns here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston