Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 PM

392 posts, read 998,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Some of you guys rage on here like you do on the road which is sad. That is creating unnecessary danger.

I used to be that way. It took time but I got over it and learned to slow way down. It gets better.
While others have the reading comprehension and reasoning skills to match that of children.

It's OK, just keep your head buried in the sand screaming I'm right and your wrong nanana boo boo even though its obvious what the law states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 12:45 PM

65 posts, read 78,309 times
Look at this guy playing the control card. Did you miss the memo? Don't rage is the message....

-Don't cause traffic.
-Don't try and control everyone around you.
-Don't react to people who are bad drivers.

When you're on the road just drive. The content and 10+ rep points I got for that rampage is all you need to know about the subject. And trying to get through to you boobs through raging on the internet is much better way to express my disdain for stupidity than evening thinking about opening my mouth in person to talk about something so petty as driving.

It's ok DSL/Radio, I know you guys can't read. But Maybe one day you'll stop hypocritically caring what others are thinking and doing and just drive .

Old 11-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Why is the onus always on the non maniac driver? Going 80 is hardly snail pace. I know it's not my job patrolling the road but if the traffic is strong and I can't just maneuver in and out of the left lane so easily I'm staying the heck in the left lane. I tend to go faster than the other lanes and choose the left lane precisely for that reason. I tend to have no qualms except for when that blowhard comes at me at 100. If I can't easily let him pass, then his idiotic a s $ us slowing down like a normal person. It's not that I'm being mr junior patrol its that his dumbas$ is outta luck.

I honestly think like another poster who said earlier, this thread is exposing a lot of projecting. I really do think some of y'all are the big dodge ram drivers tailgating people for not going 90+. Then if they don't let you pass in heavy traffic you get all upset and pull an action movie stunt trying to get in the next lane to pass someone up and then get back in the left. Then you have the audacity to say that it was the person not going 90 that was the cause of your behavior! "How dare they not move over for me"!!! "Why I just had to perform a dangerous stunt to keep going my break neck dangerous idiotic totally insufferable king of the road death speed". Apparently the onus isn't on that freak, its on the person "snailing" 10-15 above the limit.

Gimme a break. Slow the F down.
Obviously you wouldn't force your way into the right lanes if there was traffic there... common sense people. You wait until you can safely move over. Also as has been stated many times we are not talking about rush hour traffic where the freeways are jammed.

The topic of conversation is for when traffic is free flowing and all lanes are moving. You are not supposed to be cruising in the left lane period. If you just used the left lane like it is intended to be used you would never have a problem with the dicks flying up behind you and "doing stunts" to get around you.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:50 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAtMe View Post
While others have the reading comprehension and reasoning skills to match that of children.

It's OK, just keep your head buried in the sand screaming I'm right and your wrong nanana boo boo even though its obvious what the law states.
But the thing is I cannot tell if you're mentioning the law as if to say that in the chance of a crazy speeder on the left please let him pass the best way you can. So, its in the event.

OR

You're pointing out the law to say "see, the law says to move the f outta the way for me and the other people who fast and furious our way to work, you slow p.o.s., it's your fault for all the accidents".

Old 11-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Lol the language censor on citydata is so quirky.

Blows my mind some of my words get bleeped out but not dicks lol. Dicks dicks dicks dicks lol.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBright View Post
Look at this guy playing the control card. Did you miss the memo? Don't rage is the message....

-Don't cause traffic.

When you're on the road just drive. The content and 10+ rep points I got for that rampage is all you need to know about the subject. And trying to get through to you boobs through raging on the internet is much better way to express my disdain for stupidity than evening thinking about opening my mouth in person to talk about something so petty as driving.

It's ok DSL/Radio, I know you guys can't read. But Maybe one day you'll stop hypocritically caring what others are thinking and doing and just drive .
I am driving, you nutcase. I said that if a guy going 90 is behind me and wants me to get over and I can't he's outta luck. He will have to slow down until I can. That was my point.

I don't even care how many brownie points you get from others, that's not my concern. What is my concern is that you went on a rampage on here about nothing, I suspect its like your driving too.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
But the thing is I cannot tell if you're mentioning the law as if to say that in the chance of a crazy speeder on the left please let him pass the best way you can. So, its in the event.

OR

You're pointing out the law to say "see, the law says to move the f outta the way for me and the other people who fast and furious our way to work, you slow p.o.s., it's your fault for all the accidents".
Neither, how I interpret the law (No lawyer but I work with a bunch of good ones and it's written pretty simply) you should only get into the left lane if you are actively passing someone (when its not gridlocked) and then move back over to the right. If everyone did this there wouldn't be a problem with speeders and lane hogs causing dangerous situations for everyone. Both sides of this ***** fest are equally responsible for creating danger on our roadways imo.

Also as I have said I happily cruise along in the right lanes with the flow of traffic still going 10 over. If someone else wants to go 15 or 20 or omgosh 40 over what do I care as long as they don't hurt or endanger me they can jump in the left (passing) lane and go around me nice and safe.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:00 PM

65 posts, read 78,309 times
Quote:
I think Seabiscuit needs to just chill and refrain from any more internet raging.

You can't solve the freeway problems by asserting that there is some road social order that most haven't heard of. There are going to be people in smaller cars going slow and jerks in huge trucks cannon-balling down the freeway tailgating the former. You say to just let these people go and that speed doesn't kill but the onus is always on them, why put it on the person abiding by the law?

The rest of your post reads like the net hysteria. Get over yourself, you don't have all the answers.

You're like a girl picking and choosing what to bring up to play devil's advocate without even comprehending what's being discussed.

Of course there's exceptions... There's not a f-ing governor on little or big cars. But it's common driving etiquette to let cars pass trucks. As is not tailgating, or trying to rush up one car length in heavy traffic.

And in your state it's illegal to be in the left lane if you're not passing no matter what the speed. You might not realize, grasp, or understand how creating traffic kills more people. But trust me. It does.

Don't be a hypocrite. You're passive aggressive 70whatever steady in the fast lane is much more immature and dangerous than someone going faster than you. You're not "obeying the law" You are being controlling. And I hope it stops at driving because no family needs people like you in their sphere of existence.

Why do you think people are able to drive so fast in certain parts of the europe? Because boobs like you are the minority, frowned upon, and plain wrong.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Lol the language censor on citydata is so quirky.

Blows my mind some of my words get bleeped out but not dicks lol. Dicks dicks dicks dicks lol.
The maturity level on this board is astounding! How does it not spread to other city forums?

I'm amazed at your fascination with the human organ but...

Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,772,966 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBright View Post

-Don't cause traffic.

I think you two need to get together and work it out.

I do just drive, for me. That's why I posted what I did. I don't care about you on the road.

Good luck. There are some speed demons out on the road ways to watch out for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston