Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:02 PM

392 posts, read 998,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The maturity level on this board is astounding! How does it not spread to other city forums?

I'm amazed at your fascination with the human organ but...

It is my favorite body part
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM

65 posts, read 78,283 times
Quote:
I think Seabiscuit needs to just chill and refrain from any more internet raging.

You can't solve the freeway problems by asserting that there is some road social order that most haven't heard of. There are going to be people in smaller cars going slow and jerks in huge trucks cannon-balling down the freeway tailgating the former. You say to just let these people go and that speed doesn't kill but the onus is always on them, why put it on the person abiding by the law?

The rest of your post reads like the net hysteria. Get over yourself, you don't have all the answers.
You literally just agreed with everything I was saying...
Mis-read things? Devil's advocate type?

Those people are by far the ****ing worst.
But if you have any kind of a chance.... Move over!

You become one of "them" when you sit there with open road ahead of you. Even if you are going 80. You realize it's still wrong to sit there if you can let them pass.

I think we're al on the same page more or less...

Old 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,006,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBright View Post
You're like a girl picking and choosing what to bring up to play devil's advocate without even comprehending what's being discussed.

Of course there's exceptions... There's not a f-ing governor on little or big cars. But it's common driving etiquette to let cars pass trucks. As is not tailgating, or trying to rush up one car length in heavy traffic.

And in your state it's illegal to be in the left lane if you're not passing no matter what the speed. You might not realize, grasp, or understand how creating traffic kills more people. But trust me. It does.

Don't be a hypocrite. You're passive aggressive 70whatever steady in the fast lane is much more immature and dangerous than someone going faster than you. You're not "obeying the law" You are being controlling. And I hope it stops at driving because no family needs people like you in their sphere of existence.

Why do you think people are able to drive so fast in certain parts of the europe? Because boobs like you are the minority, frowned upon, and plain wrong.
What are you mad? I said I use the left lane in the same manner that it's supposed to be used, I'm not using it my entire time on the road. I said that if I cannot get over in the exact same moment a jerk is tailgating me for not going 100, he's outta luck. It's that simple. It's not patrolling, it's just he has to wait.

What part of that are failing to comprehend or are you all out of that net roid rage you just threw?

Old 11-12-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAtMe View Post
It is my favorite body part
No matter what sex you are, I believe it. You go girl...or guy.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
No matter what sex you are, I believe it. You go girl...or guy.
Lol mine is my favorite body part.

As far as maturity level on a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate myself a -3

Old 11-12-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I think we're al on the same page more or less...
It's not devils advocate its just my first ever post in this discussion was asking about those break neck speeders, and the answer I received was an astounding move hell and high water for them, they're in the right. I didn't know if this meant even if I couldn't I still had to conceive every which to get the hell outta his way or I couldn't just wait until I had a better opening. I mean of it was the former than the whole time I was thinking my lord what in the hell, they're actually apologizing for those nuts or what? LOL!

I do get what you're saying though.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:15 PM

I didn't realize how quoting works on forums and was using the same quote for every reply... my bad... but yeah we really do pretty much agree.

But for real guy. Read that rage... We are not against each other in any way. I just needed to blow off steam at how easy it is to not cause the problems that ail Americas roadways.

And to re-iterate the JUST DRIVE attitude that Americans don't possess.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:26 PM

We will never have fast roadways due to infrastructure and driving culture here. It's really too bad.
At least you're not in CA where there's lots of 2 lane hwys up mountain passes.

Someone not using the pullouts can make your 35 minute commute 1 1/2 hours easily on a highway like Rte. 152 Gilroy.

I've developed the patience of a saint after a year of that... And learned the ways of dealing with slower drivers.

I.e. not tailgating, but still keeping pace, and flashing your brights once or twice when there's a chance for you to get ahead safely. Americans on both sides of the equation are often usually in the wrong. In Europe or Japan every time you're behind a slower car and flash your brights they take no offense and move over politely. The passing driver reflects gratitude by two flashes of his hazards.

Never see that kind of driving here.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBright View Post
We will never have fast roadways due to infrastructure and driving culture here. It's really too bad.
At least you're not in CA where there's lots of 2 lane hwys up mountain passes.

Someone not using the pullouts can make your 35 minute commute 1 1/2 hours easily on a highway like Rte. 152 Gilroy.

I've developed the patience of a saint after a year of that... And learned the ways of dealing with slower drivers.

I.e. not tailgating, but still keeping pace, and flashing your brights once or twice when there's a chance for you to get ahead safely. Americans on both sides of the equation are often usually in the wrong. In Europe or Japan every time you're behind a slower car and flash your brights they take no offense and move over politely. The passing driver reflects gratitude by two flashes of his hazards.

Never see that kind of driving here.
Yep, experienced the same when I was stationed in Germany, very refreshing.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:10 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,771,691 times
Flashing people or even break checking people here will get you in serious trouble if it's the wrong person. People can be so mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston