Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:02 AM

392 posts, read 998,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
It's always interesting to read when people project their problems on the shoulders of others.

You're in a hurry or late and it's my fault. Hmm.

Like I said, be careful out there. It's a crazy mad world.
Not projecting anything onto you.

I also never said the slow people in the left lane were pissing me off because I want to haul ass. I tend to cruise @ 70-75 in the other lanes just using the left lane to pass like your supposed to. They **** me off because they cause UNNECESSARY DANGER to everyone around them.

I show you the law that states you should only use the left lane for passing and you still seem to think that it's OK for to be a hazard to everyone else on the road because you feel like it.

You are still dense enough to think you are in the right hogging up the left lane

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM

670 posts, read 1,442,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
When I accelerate hard my engine revves a little and I love it. I cross in front of driver A so close and lay into my horn when I do to where I honk for so long they like idiots are switching lanes scare and honk back LOL.
Gee, that's real impressive. I'm sure your car can rip up the roads with the best of 'em.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,773,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAtMe View Post
Not projecting anything onto you.

I also never said the slow people in the left lane were pissing me off because I want to haul ass. I tend to cruise @ 70-75 in the other lanes just using the left lane to pass like your supposed to. They **** me off because they cause UNNECESSARY DANGER to everyone around them.

I show you the law that states you should only use the left lane for passing and you still seem to think that it's OK for to be a hazard to everyone else on the road because you feel like it.

You are still dense enough to think you are in the right hogging up the left lane
Ok..

Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM

65 posts, read 78,309 times
Quote:
Not defending the outrageous speeders but it only takes a few seconds to slip over a lane and let them pass, once they pass and the lane is clear move back into it. The speeder gets to keep going, you don't get tailgated, and everyone stays safe, what's so fcking hard to understand about that.

I think 90% of the left lane snails are just totally oblivious to anything going on around them though and that's why they like to put along in that lane since it makes em feel safer.

+1
Other drivers' speed shouldn't matter to us. Unless we need to get out of their way.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
It's always interesting to read when people project their problems on the shoulders of others.

You're in a hurry or late and it's my fault. Hmm.

Like I said, be careful out there. It's a crazy mad world.

Dude... You're not the police. And you're creating more traffic is statistically a billion times more likely to kill people. Grow up and move over .

If they are going 100+ and you think its dangerous call them in. But do not get in front of them...

Speed doesn't kill. Heavy traffic at speed on the other hand...

You guys really need re-iteration.

I think the absolute worst type of drivers are the one's that ...come across two cars going... let's speculate ...80+mph with say... 3 or 4+ car lengths in between... in the left lane ...in packed traffic ...on anything wider than a 3 lane. Patiently waiting for the next gap. Trying not to make the conditions any worse.

The offending driver will get in the right lane and pass one or both cars in their blind spots and then pull in front them only to have to slam his/her brakes for whatever car the happen to end up behind ...in heavy traffic. This causes a wave of braking to every car that was in the lane and eventually becomes traffic.

Tailgating is also a factor. Keeping spaces stops traffic from happening in the first place...

I really, really hate these people and feel like they aren't piked enough for their idiocy. Too bad the best thing you can do is ignore them and keep driving predictably... like a decent human being. In america we can't even complain. We have safe roads compared to almost everywhere else.

Here's some tips...

General hwy etiquette?
-Drive with the flow of traffic. Leave a few car lengths of space to the person in front of you but also maintain your speed so people aren't confusing you for a left lane bandit.

-Try not to sit in the left lane if the right is clear and you're no longer passing (if possible).

-Check your mirrors and give way to sports cars and other vehicles "meant" for the left lane. Even if you think they are going the same speed as you...

-In general if someone someone is trying to go faster than you... and there's a way to safely and predictably get out of their way, and it's not bumper to bumper... then by ALL MEANS NECESSARY GET OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE THEY EVEN REACH YOU.

Dealing with a left lane hog?
-Don't immediately ride their ass.

***Make sure you're not just being a douchebag and caring about what other drivers are doing. I.E... if you're in a pickup and a hybrid passes you because they want to go faster. Don't let your tiny dick motivate you to drive your SUV or whatever in front of them only to slow down before a bend. Don't be the person I mentioned above...

-Try not tailgating for a minute and then flashing your brights twice if the person is being a bandit. If they don't move grow the **** up and sit there like a decent person and don't create more traffic or risk innocent peoples lives for what will probably be a 15 second difference in getting to your destination. Left lane hogs are threatened people who think they can control everything. If you back off and let your intention be known without coming across as offensive they will usually pull over or get into the right lane. In europe flashing your lights doens't mean "hey **** you move over!" it means "please move over" and I pray one day it will be the same in the states.

Being Tailgated?
-Move over
-Move over
-Move over

-Just like the tailgaters... you need to stop giving a **** about what other people think and JUST DRIVE

***Remember what kind of car you're in. Even if you're hauling ass in your Prius you should keep in mind you'll be a bit of a target compared to doing the same thing in any other car. Learn to let people by you if they appear to have tiny penis syndrome.

-Pullouts are real things.

-Move over

-People have legitimate reasons for wanting to drive faster than you. You're not the center of the universe.

-Move over

-Stay over

Here's an idea to all the jack-legs who think they've got it figured out; Mind your own damn business when driving. At all times. You all sound like psychotic douches thinking you understand what others think while driving. No one wants to ****ing race you. Smaller faster and lower vehicles up front, big, high, heavy ones in the back. Grow the **** up and stop being such little ****s.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:08 PM

"Here's an idea to all the jack-legs who think they've got it figured out; Mind your own damn business when driving. At all times. You all sound like psychotic douches thinking you understand what others think while driving. No one wants to ****ing race you. Smaller faster and lower vehicles up front, big, high, heavy ones in the back. Grow the **** up and stop being such little ****s."

Old 11-12-2013, 12:21 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
I think Seabiscuit needs to just chill and refrain from any more internet raging.

You can't solve the freeway problems by asserting that there is some road social order that most haven't heard of. There are going to be people in smaller cars going slow and jerks in huge trucks cannon-balling down the freeway tailgating the former. You say to just let these people go and that speed doesn't kill but the onus is always on them, why put it on the person abiding by the law?

The rest of your post reads like the net hysteria. Get over yourself, you don't have all the answers.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBright View Post
"Here's an idea to all the jack-legs who think they've got it figured out; Mind your own damn business when driving. At all times. You all sound like psychotic douches thinking you understand what others think while driving. No one wants to ****ing race you. Smaller faster and lower vehicles up front, big, high, heavy ones in the back. Grow the **** up and stop being such little ****s."
Apparently you thought you wrote something so insightful it needed to post it twice or did you want us to be dead sure we know you're a lunatic.

Get over yourself.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,773,570 times
Some of you guys rage on here like you do on the road which is sad. That is creating unnecessary danger.

I used to be that way. It took time but I got over it and learned to slow way down. It gets better.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Not defending the outrageous speeders but it only takes a few seconds to slip over a lane and let them pass, once they pass and the lane is clear move back into it. The speeder gets to keep going, you don't get tailgated, and everyone stays safe, what's so fcking hard to understand about that.

I think 90% of the left lane snails are just totally oblivious to anything going on around them though and that's why they like to put along in that lane since it makes em feel safer.
Why is the onus always on the non maniac driver? Going 80 is hardly snail pace. I know it's not my job patrolling the road but if the traffic is strong and I can't just maneuver in and out of the left lane so easily I'm staying the heck in the left lane. I tend to go faster than the other lanes and choose the left lane precisely for that reason. I tend to have no qualms except for when that blowhard comes at me at 100. If I can't easily let him pass, then his idiotic a s $ us slowing down like a normal person. It's not that I'm being mr junior patrol its that his dumbas$ is outta luck.

I honestly think like another poster who said earlier, this thread is exposing a lot of projecting. I really do think some of y'all are the big dodge ram drivers tailgating people for not going 90+. Then if they don't let you pass in heavy traffic you get all upset and pull an action movie stunt trying to get in the next lane to pass someone up and then get back in the left. Then you have the audacity to say that it was the person not going 90 that was the cause of your behavior! "How dare they not move over for me"!!! "Why I just had to perform a dangerous stunt to keep going my break neck dangerous idiotic totally insufferable king of the road death speed". Apparently the onus isn't on that freak, its on the person "snailing" 10-15 above the limit.

Gimme a break. Slow the F down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston