Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 10:49 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times

Advertisements

Sounds like the future is opening up in some direction--how exciting! Keep us posted! And have a great weekend! You're in Idaho!

Oh, I'm staying in Idaho, man. That's for sure. I love it here! Update on both the St.Maries RT job and the Sandpoint job. The interview at St.Maries has been held and it would be a dream job for me, they may want to use my Sleep Study Technician skills as well for some of that work. For whatever reason the boss keeps saying that he has to "dot his i's and cross his t's first". Before the actual offer can be made. What does that sound like to you guys? Like someone has to quit first (one of the RT's is quitting in July I believe). She is in her 60's and looks pretty tired, but she looks happy as well. I think it would be a great gig and I still want it. I'll keep you all updated on how this one goes.

The Sandpoint gig for Lincare is in progress as well. Right now it would involve one hell of a drive every day, it's a nice job, though, one I would accept if offered to me. It's 8:00-5:00 days and pays VERY WELL. Plus, they pay $300 a month gas stipend, my job as Respiratory Therapist would be mostly in office. Boss says they average about 360 miles a month driving. I'd only use about $50 a month of that $300 for gas and the rest I can just pocket. Good deal, huh? Good benefits too to go along with the good hourly pay.

So we'll see. Both jobs should break one way or the other in July sometime. I can't see how either one could wait any longer to actually hire someone. The Sandpoint job came out advertised on June 15th and the St.Maries gig was first advertised on June 9th. So I should find out pretty soon if I get an offer on either one. I need one of them because my hours are about 63% of what I actually need at this time here in Kellogg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 02:30 PM

Don't know about the stand of cedars there, but we had several threads about giant cedars a while back--try to do a search on Elk River. Also, if you want to drive up to the Ross Creek Cedars on 56 in NW Montana you're in for a treat. They're as impressive as the redwoods, but in a different way, because they sometimes grow in clusters, resulting in some amazing shapes. If you take that drive across the Coeur d'Alenes to Thompson Falls you can go up 200 (west) for about 45 minutes until you get to 56, and then head north for another 10 minutes or so. It's a pretty remote place in the Cabinet Mountains Wilderness, not busy like the redwoods parks. And you get the cedars with a river running through them!

Wow, Clark Fork Fantast-thanks for this information. I will want to do some poking around and we'll take our dogs for some great hikes-especially if I get the St.Maries gig. I'll keep ya'all posted on what happens! I believe that northern Idaho is overall the prettiest state I have lived in-or even seen. And I've seen a lot of America, people. Everyone enjoy your weekend and please be safe!!

Old 07-02-2011, 10:00 PM

6 posts, read 9,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Chellejh, welcome back to the forum, and the Porch! I had to go back to your previous posts and remind myself: You were looking at property up Mosquito Creek. So you got 40 acres!!!!!!! Congratulations! Either you have an amazing view, or access to a great view nearby. I remember seeing the whole CF River Delta from up there, driving around. We were looking at 20 acres on Sugarloaf, but decided we didn't want to do the off-the-grid thing. When you arrive and see everything green and gorgeous, you'll have a jaw-dropping moment, and you'll know that buying the land is the best decision you ever made! (At least I hope so!)

In one week the most important thing you could possibly do is to go get acquainted with the folks at the Ace Hardware Store just west of CF! They will become your very best friends! Buy some stakes and ribbons and stick'em in the ground where your house is going. It just made us feel so good to do that!

Then go to the Bonner County office in Sandpoint (check out the superb sticky list of NID phone numbers and addresses at the top of the Idaho Forum) and get the whole package for applying for permits. They will probably tell you that once you apply for a site location permit (after perking, if you haven't had that done) the clock starts ticking, and you have a year to start building/submitting plans. Then you can renew it if you haven't started yet, but why spend the extra bucks?

You may already have looked into all that, and be way ahead of me, but if you have any Qs about building, feel free to DM me. I may be able to help with info.

Here's a quick list of places to eat:
Dinner at the Hope Floating Restaurant
Dinner Cruise on Lake Pend Oreille
Burgers at Eichardts
Burgers and beer cheese soup (on a cold night) at MickDuff's
Squeeze-Inn, Clark Fork. Looks weird, has great food!
The Amber Bear Inn 2 miles into Montana on River Road/Clark Fork Road. Pricey and romantic!

I don't know about current events, but check out the Sandpoint Online link on the July 2011 Events thread.

I'm sure somebody else can tell you about flyfishing.

Welcome to CF, neighbor!

Thanks We're excited. If I get to CF in time I will take pictures - my flight doesn't get into spokane until 5 pm on Monday so I am only expecting fireworks somewhere. DH and DS got in today and will be checking out the property tommorow and may attend some events & I'll tell them to take pictures. The property is on FS 2295 (old range road) and has great views of Scotchman's peak. I'm a little nervous about the off the grid thing too but dh says don't worry when I turn something on it will work, leave the rest to him. He's done a lot of research so I have to go with it (or find enough neighbors that want to split the $90000 to bring in the power). Who knows maybe I'll win the lottery. We'll definitely stop by Ace & thanks for the restaurant recommendations.

Have a great weekend

Old 07-04-2011, 01:27 AM

3 posts, read 5,407 times
Here's our porch in Sagle. Do back porches count also?
Attached Thumbnails
The North Idaho Front Porch-76641_475151764431_590529431_5603163_2988368_n.jpg  

Old 07-04-2011, 06:52 AM

Sagle is a place my wife and I could rent in if I get the Sandpoint RT gig. Do you know of any rentals available there, Sagle Inbound?

Your front porch rocks, BTW!

Old 07-08-2011, 08:28 AM

356 posts, read 520,817 times
Hey, Porchers! We've been here a week and haven't stopped! Thanks, ClarkFork, for directing us your way; Clark Fork is a great little community! I sure appreciate the suggestions that are here. I had to laugh at a couple of the restaurant suggestions-we had already experienced both Sweet Lou's and the Squeeze Inn (ate there last night, too. mmm, mmm, MMM!) On the food front, I'd like to add Mom's Cafe to the list. Nice people, with GREAT taste (they thought my GSD was a beautiful boy-what smart folks!)

Well, gotta scoot-Silverwood today!

Old 07-09-2011, 03:26 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
Sagle Inbound, welcome to the forum and the Porch! And what a beautiful porch you have!

LionFamily, so you made it to the CF celebration! Fantastic! And I should have mentioned Mom's Cafe--they have great breakfasts, and you can get a cell signal on their porch! We'll have to take our GSD to Mom's, too, if they have such good taste! Hope you had a great day at Silverwood. Keep us posted!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:28 PM

3 posts, read 5,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Sagle is a place my wife and I could rent in if I get the Sandpoint RT gig. Do you know of any rentals available there, Sagle Inbound?

Your front porch rocks, BTW!
Thanks Elkotronics. Any luck with the job? I don't know of any rentals, but most of the real estate places have access to rental listings and should be able to show you some places. We used Century 21 Riverstone and they were pretty good. Good luck!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 AM

Sagle Inbound-we're supposedly waiting on the background check and then we'll see who the boss chooses. Should know this week sometime, hope I get it and thank you for your well-wishes. Kellogg is fine but I'm needing more income. The Sandpoint job would be a good gig, I'm qualified for it for sure, and we really like the town and surroundings. Looks like a nice place to actually settle down and dare I mention the 'R' word? Retire in a decade or so?

Do people still get to work a job until retirement anymore?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Sagle Inbound-we're supposedly waiting on the background check and then we'll see who the boss chooses. Should know this week sometime, hope I get it and thank you for your well-wishes. Kellogg is fine but I'm needing more income. The Sandpoint job would be a good gig, I'm qualified for it for sure, and we really like the town and surroundings. Looks like a nice place to actually settle down and dare I mention the 'R' word? Retire in a decade or so?

Do people still get to work a job until retirement anymore?
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho