Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 07:19 PM

356 posts, read 520,817 times

Advertisements

We are staying on the Hope Peninsula and we are having a BLAST. Even doing nothing has been great, not that there's been much of that. Poor Daddy had to go home, though. We Skype with him and point the camera outside so he can see how beautiful it is! Aren't we wonderful to the man working like a dog to pay for our summer of bliss?!?

Clark, when you get a chance, could you post to the events calendar? You have great suggestions!

Ooo, ooo, ooo-we have another favorite place to share. The Elmira store. Excellent burgers and FANTABULOUS milkshakes. The furry family member actually prefers the peanut butter milkshake to the burger patty, if you can believe it! Hmm, it appears that all of our favorite places involve food and the dog...what does that say about us....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 12:46 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you so much, Clark Fork Fantast! My wife and I really do love it over there in Sandpoint. I hope I get that job. If not, I may jump the medical ship and try my hand at selling Chrysler's and Chevy's. No kidding, I want to stay in the field I've been re-trained in my early 40's in after a 20 year Boeing career. They say most people work 7 different career paths in their working lives. Ever heard that one before? Well, the car sales industry, if I should give it a try, would be only my 3rd career path in my working life. If you look at it that way, it doesn't seem as nutty!

I'll keep plugging away and giving it my best shot...I'll let you know what happens as soon as something new happens. One of the coolest things is that my wife and I and our two pups and two cats are going to stay in NID! WHOO-HOO! Now that's worth hootin' and hollerin' about. I thank you, Clark Fork Fantast and Toyman at Jewel Lake and mistyriverranch and any of the rest of you I'm sorry if I've forgotton your handle on city data, but all of your input as far as helping us get settled in to Kellogg has been so helpful. I don't plan on leaving NID, perhaps eventually Kellogg, but Kellogg has not been a bad place. A bit hard to make a living there, unless you go to this certain new car dealer that's been at it since dinosaurs were freely roaming northern Idaho panhandle territory, eh?

Y'all have a restful night of sleep, I'm goin' ta bed!

Old 07-23-2011, 04:57 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Well, I finally called the Sandpoint job...and they hired someone else. That is from the secretary, the boss actually hasn't called me. And that's pretty much how it's done these days, you don't get called about a job unless they want to interview you or you're getting hired. Oh well.

There is a brand new ad for RT's for home healthcare in the Spokane-Post Falls-CDA-Clarkston areas. Reliable transportation a must-one of those type of jobs. More than one job available. So I applied. We'll see.

My hours are going up, so maybe my present job is going to work out. I will still entertain new and different offers and see where it might take me. Cool to see a new ad in the day after another opening fizzled.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:40 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
Aww Elko, that's too bad! But you've got a great atttitude, and I'm positive it'll land you a good job.

Lion, I noticed that my own NID suggestions also seem to revolve around eateries! What can I say? Food is good in NID! And I hope I'll be at MickDuff's getting reacquainted with those burgers one of these days...

Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
We are staying on the Hope Peninsula and we are having a BLAST. Even doing nothing has been great, not that there's been much of that. Poor Daddy had to go home, though. We Skype with him and point the camera outside so he can see how beautiful it is! Aren't we wonderful to the man working like a dog to pay for our summer of bliss?!?

Clark, when you get a chance, could you post to the events calendar? You have great suggestions!

Ooo, ooo, ooo-we have another favorite place to share. The Elmira store. Excellent burgers and FANTABULOUS milkshakes. The furry family member actually prefers the peanut butter milkshake to the burger patty, if you can believe it! Hmm, it appears that all of our favorite places involve food and the dog...what does that say about us....?
Lion, does your dog like the beach/water? If so, where do you take him for some water fun? You're getting to know the Hope area of the lake really well--we're looking for a good beach with shallow water to take our dog where she won't be a nuisance to the deer or beachgoers. So probably not the Peninsula. Strangely, even if she's a GSD she loves the water!

Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 PM

356 posts, read 520,817 times
Default Hi, Clark!

Our furry boy does indeed love the water! Not so much the swimming, but the bouncing around and splashing-oh,yeah. We're lucky, though. The friends' place where we're staying gives us access to a private swim beach where dogs are allowed. I don't know if that's by rule or by custom, but there's lots of happy, soggy doggies walking around.

I've been told that people take their dogs in over by where the Sheriff's boat is parked, just outside of Hope, but I've not been there myself. The only other place we've taken him is the creek just north of Northside School, where Colburn-Culver crosses over it. It's nice and sandy and good for playing, but beware of the mosquitoes.

I also have to add the caveat that our boy is not allowed off lead-ever-so I can't evaluate the harassment risk. Unfortunately, our boy's prey drive has a tendency to seriously overwhelm his good manners, so we're careful to keep him under strict control anywhere there might be chaseable creatures.

Let me know if you hear of any other places. We'll be heading to the north end of the Selle Valley at the end of August if all goes well...keep those fingers crossed for us!

Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,108,203 times
Hello everybody. I'm a transplant from Phoenix where the actual front porch has disappeared. Iv' been here about 6 years and we love it it was a good move. Just wanted to say Hi.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionFamily View Post
Our furry boy does indeed love the water! Not so much the swimming, but the bouncing around and splashing-oh,yeah. We're lucky, though. The friends' place where we're staying gives us access to a private swim beach where dogs are allowed. I don't know if that's by rule or by custom, but there's lots of happy, soggy doggies walking around.

I've been told that people take their dogs in over by where the Sheriff's boat is parked, just outside of Hope, but I've not been there myself. The only other place we've taken him is the creek just north of Northside School, where Colburn-Culver crosses over it. It's nice and sandy and good for playing, but beware of the mosquitoes.

I also have to add the caveat that our boy is not allowed off lead-ever-so I can't evaluate the harassment risk. Unfortunately, our boy's prey drive has a tendency to seriously overwhelm his good manners, so we're careful to keep him under strict control anywhere there might be chaseable creatures.

Let me know if you hear of any other places. We'll be heading to the north end of the Selle Valley at the end of August if all goes well...keep those fingers crossed for us!
Thanks! We'll do some exploring and ask around. Our dog is a free spirit under 99 percent voice control, but there's always that one percent! Mainly when there are bunnies around...

By the way, I found a great website about dog-friendly places in Sandpoint:
DogFriendly.com's City Guide: Sandpoint - Lake Pend Orille, Idaho

So maybe we'll run into you at one of the outdoor restaurants that welcome dogs?

Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
Hello everybody. I'm a transplant from Phoenix where the actual front porch has disappeared. Iv' been here about 6 years and we love it it was a good move. Just wanted to say Hi.
Hi, and welcome to the Porch! Glad to hear the move worked out! We have several ex-Zonies on the forum. Today the weather forecast for Phoenix is partly cloudy and 106 F...Sunday 107 and thunderstorms...

Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 PM

Lion, thanks for the tip! We took our dog to the little beach where the Sheriff's boat Is moored, and it was a huge success! Nice and secluded--it is right under the bridge, so not exactly quiet, but the dogs don't care. Yes, we're in Clark Fork, having a great time! Lovely evening, moonlight over the lake and the Clark Fork Delta. Good to be home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho