Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Once again, worthless data. It actually upsets me that we deported that many people because it makes me picture in my mind how much money and resources we are wasting on all these deportations and border patrols. I personally know people who have been detained and deported dozens of times over a very short period of time. It's 387,790 deportations, not 387,790 illegals...I don't even want to try and guess how many of those were repeats. Deporting illegals doesn't work and will do nothing to stop the problem...it's just a huge damn waste of money because if those people really want to come here they will get in on their 13th or 14th try which means tons of labor, equipment and free meals courtesy of US taxpayers.
Well perhaps we should stop going after citizens criminals then. Afterall, it is costly and crime will continue anyway. Better to let chaos run amok, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 11:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Likewise to you as long as you keep commenting on how people from Latin America have absolutely no good reason for coming here without understanding their situation and where they're coming from. It's easy for you to sit behind your computer and spit off responses based on whatever stat you found on the internet regarding their unemployment rates or whatever...try going to small villages and towns around Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua and El Salvador and you'll understand why so many people risk their lives to come here and exactly what they are leaving back at home. Until then, quit blabbing about how they have no reason to want to come here.

I've spent alot of time in several Latin American countries and the way you describe life there is very different from what I saw.
Irrelevant. The taxpayers of this country are not obligated to support the poor citizens of Mexico. That is the responsibility of the Mexican government. Try visiting Somalia and Darfur, and then we’ll talk about abject poverty. There are opportunities in Mexico for those who choose to apply themselves. In any case, we have a legal immigration process. Some will be accepted, while others will be rejected. That’s life.

If you have family or friends in Mexico who would like to live in this country, encourage them to get an education, postpone childbirth, and perhaps they will have a chance. However, there are no guarantees. We owe them nothing.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Once again, worthless data. It actually upsets me that we deported that many people because it makes me picture in my mind how much money and resources we are wasting on all these deportations and border patrols. I personally know people who have been detained and deported dozens of times over a very short period of time. It's 387,790 deportations, not 387,790 illegals...I don't even want to try and guess how many of those were repeats. Deporting illegals doesn't work and will do nothing to stop the problem...it's just a huge damn waste of money because if those people really want to come here they will get in on their 13th or 14th try which means tons of labor, equipment and free meals courtesy of US taxpayers.
That explains quite a bit.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:04 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Only one thing matters. We said no. They came here anyway in complete violation of our laws and the wishes of the American people. Why do you feel that Americans are responsible for the granting the materialistic wishes of every single poor person in Central and South America?

Many of the world's people are poor. They can't all come here. Why should we give special priority to those who can't even be bothered to obey our immigration laws?
I never said we are responsible for granting their materialistic wishes. All I'm trying to say is I understand why they come and if I was in their situation I'd probably be doing the same thing. The only effective and fiscally responsible solution we have is correcting the issue at the employment end, that's what I keep saying in this forum again and again and again. The current system we have in place doesn't work. E-Verify doesn't work in its current state, even if it is made a requirement for employers.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:10 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
I never said we are responsible for granting their materialistic wishes. All I'm trying to say is I understand why they come and if I was in their situation I'd probably be doing the same thing. The only effective and fiscally responsible solution we have is correcting the issue at the employment end, that's what I keep saying in this forum again and again and again. The current system we have in place doesn't work. E-Verify doesn't work in its current state, even if it is made a requirement for employers.
If e-verify doesn't work then why are the sympathizers of illegal aliens fighting its implementation tooth and nail?

Last edited by chicagonut; 10-14-2010 at 12:21 PM..

Old 10-14-2010, 12:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
It is odd how so many would defend illegals as though illegals are the victims in the story. The evil corporations are painted by some as the only villains. The fact is the corporations are but 1 villain in this plot. The illegals are every bit as guilty as those who would hire them. Make no mistake I blame the employers as much as I do the illegals. But corporations are hardly the only employers. Those scumbags who patrol Home depots accross the country looking for the cheap labor are every bit as wrong as a corporation.
Most citizens don't want illegals in this country. Unfortunately too many are willing to turn the blind eye and not report the companies they work for. I hear it often enough. " What am I supposed to do about it?" These folks are guilty as well.
Then perhaps the most guilty are the defenders of the illegals. "They are honest people trying to improve their lives." They only do jobs legals wont do." The excuses abound and like the old saying they all stink. These are not honest people nor do they only do jobs legals won't do. They are parasites, criminals and their loyalties are not to the USA.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:14 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
And one of these days I'd like to see an illegal immigration advocate state that he understands why the American taxpayer are fed up. I'd like to see him write that he understands that being poor is no excuse to break into another country without permission.

Employment is only one aspect. The Mexican government (and many other Latin American governments) needs to stop attempting to export their problems here. Instead all we get from them is evil rotten selfish racist gringoes. How dare they demand anything of the poor educated, non English speaking peasants we send them!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
And one of these days I'd like to see an illegal immigration advocate state that he understands why the American taxpayer are fed up. I'd like to see him write that he understands that being poor is no excuse to break into another country without permission.

Employment is only one aspect. The Mexican government (and many other Latin American governments) needs to stop attempting to export their problems here. Instead all we get from them is evil rotten selfish racist gringoes. How dare they demand anything of the poor educated, non English speaking peasants we send them!

Spot on!

Old 10-14-2010, 04:52 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

And the congregation said:

AMEN!

Oh, and Peasants were actually land owners so these trespassers with the parasitic ambitions are just plain crooks and simple thieves, nothing more.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:12 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If you have family or friends in Mexico who would like to live in this country, encourage them to get an education, postpone childbirth, and perhaps they will have a chance. However, there are no guarantees. We owe them nothing.
You obviously know little about our immigration process, getting an education and not having kids in most cases has no bearing on if you'll have a better chance at being granted authorization to legally enter the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration