Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I never mentioned racism. I do not advocate for illegal immigration or welfare. In my opinion welfare needs to be abolished. However, enforcing the law needs to start with AMERICAN EMPLOYERS.

And I am a hispanic woman with 2 master's degrees and a BSEE. So do not say hispanics, because that is racist. Say illegal immigrants of hispanic descent.

In my opinion, they do work harder and are human beings. And I can not demonize human beings. As much as I advocate for legal immigration and follow the rules, seriously the tone of these boards is disgusting.
I never said you mentioned racism. I was merely pointing out to you the demonization that we law abiding Americans have to put up with by the advocates for illegal aliens since you are also claiming that illegal aliens are being demonized, unfairly I guess IYO.

We have all agreed in here that the employers need to be targeted also. There is a threefold blame here, the employers, our government and the illegals themselves.

In your first sentence you say you didn't mention racism but in your third paragragh you do? When did I or anyone else in here mention just Hispanics in a deragatory way other than some of them are advocates for illegal aliens? The object of most of our disdain are illegal aliens, Hispanic or not.

Sorry, that you find the tone of this board disgusting. Perhaps another forum would be more to your liking. We will not sit by and coddle and sympathize with illegal aliens regardless that they are human. That is totally irrelevant. All lawbreakers are human but so what?

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
I speak english, I am legal and want to be an american. As I said, I volunteered for the US army.

That said, the tone on these boards some type is extremelly inhuman and demonizing of illegal immigrants. They are human beings. I am not advocating for illegal immgration. But they are fellow humans.

JMO

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
MOst americans love me. And I love them back. I just do not understand how can some americans can be proud of getting a B. MOst of my classmates love me, I just do not go telling them to try to make an effort. It is none of my business.

and then they do not understand why the chinese guy or the indian guy or the hispanic girl with a 4.0 got the job.
So why can't your good grades and degree and your fellow superior types back home accomplish somethng for your own country?

Why on earth would you want to come to a country filled with lazy people? Why wouldn't your degree be of use back home with the superior workers there?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We will not sit by and coddle and sympathize with illegal aliens regardless that they are human. That is totally irrelevant. All lawbreakers are human but so what?
In my book, every single human being deserves respect. Illegal alien or not.

And I am not leaving. I have the same right to post here as you do Sorry.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So why can't your good grades and degree and your fellow superior types back home accomplish somethng for your own country?

Why on earth would you want to come to a country filled with lazy people? Why wouldn't your degree be of use back home with the superior workers there?
I do not know. Not all people here are lazy. I like it here and I am not leaving. Sorry as much as you dislike me I have the right to stay here. And to express my opinion. The same right your forefathers had.

I just hope that if I ever had kids (I do not think I would) they just do not become like some people here. Your ancestors came from some place before and most likely were demonized as well (irish and italians were for sure).

Old 04-11-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Not disdain, I love my american friends. It is just that in my school they are always complaining. You never see them study and they complain and complain and complain (oh how hard this is my god )

Not all of them, and they only get b's and c's. I do not understand why? It just does not look good to be proud to be mediocre.

But I guess I can not say all americans are like that. I like them, but they just do not like to work hard.
Even if that were true (and it isn't true of the majority of Americans) it appears that you are trying to justify illegal immigration based on some supposed laziness of Americans in school and on the job. If every American wanted to turn into a couch potato that is our business but still does not justify illegal immigration into our country. If Americans are supposedly too lazy to do anything then there is a legal way for immigrants to come to pick up the "inferred" slack.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Even if that were true (and it isn't true of the majority of Americans) it appears that you are trying to justify illegal immigration based on some supposed laziness of Americans in school and on the job. If every American wanted to turn into a couch potato that is our business but still does not justify illegal immigration into our country. If Americans are supposedly too lazy to do anything then there is a legal way for immigrants to come to pick up the "inferred" slack.
I have never justified illegal immigration, however demonizing the little guy instead of going after the big fish is just plain incongruent.

Seriously, the government should enforce the law with the AMERICAN EMPLOYER. They are the reason for the problem. Enforce the law on the American side, and illegal immigration would go down.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I am not speaking of that type of complaining

I am talking about: "why is this so hard, I need my weekends to party, I just do not do numbers "

I love this country, but seriously competitiveness in a global is a reality. You seem to hate immigrants and called us cowards, but you came from the same group. Just some cowards that left their country. Just saying.
Who in here has expressed hate for "immigrants"? Who has called an "immigrant" a coward? Or are you blurring the lines between legal and illegal?

I am not my ancestors and they aren't me. They are all dead now and I am not responsible for the decisions that they made nor is it justification for illegal immigration today since my ancestors came here legally anyway.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Who in here has expressed hate for "immigrants"? Who has called an "immigrant" a coward? Or are you blurring the lines between legal and illegal?

I am not my ancestors and they aren't me. They are all dead now and I am not responsible for the decisions that they made nor is it justification for illegal immigration today since my ancestors came here legally anyway.
They are the reason you are here and are an american.
malamute said I am a coward because I left my country for the US

Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I speak english, I am legal and want to be an american. As I said, I volunteered for the US army.

That said, the tone on these boards some type is extremelly inhuman and demonizing of illegal immigrants. They are human beings. I am not advocating for illegal immgration. But they are fellow humans.

JMO
But what has the fact that illegal aliens are humans have to do with anything? We just tell it like it is by the actions they have taken. If I have a problem with someone robbing a bank and state as such is that dehumanizing the bank robber?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration