Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:38 PM

15 posts, read 9,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Who's forcing them to care? But I note this wonderful benefactors aren't actually named by our resident crook. I wonder if these folks check Selective Service registration top see if their male recipients have registered.
Why would they?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,801,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
What an inspiring story that crushes the stereotypical image of illegal immigrants as being self-centered dangerous unaspiring leaches who want nothing more than to have as many babies as possible and collect food stamps that is almost universally accepted as gosple in this forum.

Thank you for posting it. I hope every poster takes the time to read the full article.
If illegals aren't leaches here to collect the food stamps, then maybe we can all work together on eliminating the anchor baby method of collecting them.

Let's all at least unite and push for laws that prohibit illegals from benefitting from food stamps, WIC, Medicaid and so on. Those who claim illegals are only a benefit to society and would never use welfare handouts should easily jump on board since they believe illegals never use those programs and a ban on households headed by illegals receiving any food stamps, WIC, Medicaid should help the image.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,801,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsandBarsForever View Post
Why would they?
Yes, that's just another law they can conveniently ignore. They didn't want to fight for their own country, why would they want to defend ours?

Old 06-27-2011, 04:27 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Well, if DH's wife can't find a job in journalism, my first advice would be to try writing as well as a illegal immigrant whose native language wasn't English but yet somehow managed to win a Pulitzer prize.
He doesn't necessarily have to be a better writer. Conmen can con their way into lots of situations where an honest person can't, or won't. Very likely if he hadn't lied, he wouldn't have been hired. We don't know how many good writers were passed over in favor of this illegal alien. Actually, I'd be suspicious of his journalism. If he will lie, and deceive to get the job, why wouldn't his articles be full of lies, and deceit also, in order to keep that job?

Old 06-27-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
FYI dude, your cohorts have decided that "illegal immigrant" is too friendly and would prefer you used a more nefarious sounding term such as "alien."
Alien is the term used in the 14th Ammendment. Illegal immigrant, and undocumented worker are terms put forth by illegal aliens, and their cohorts, who try to make them sound 'less illegal.' Call them what you want, they're still aliens, and they're still here illegally.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
All countries should be and are ALLOWED to have immigration laws. I would prefer if those laws were designed to allow for the highest amount of mobility between nations possible. I know you guys keep wanting to catch us holding higher standards for the U.S., but that is not the case.

I understand the arguments for enforcing laws that are on the books, but I believe that there are a wide variety of laws that are either so damaging, so silly, or so otherwise cumbersome that enforcement is the worse option. I believe you'd agree that jaywalkers should not be aggressively pursued by law enforcement, so you agree with the essence of what I am saying.
That may work between nations with a similar economy, culture, and laws, but when you have a nation with a significantly different economy, culture, and laws, and allow them free access to the wealthier nation, you have millions of poor, uneducated people immigrating to the wealthier nation. As with all things, the situation seeks to equalize itself to the detriment of the wealthier nation.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Jaywalkers when caught get a citation and rightly so. You can't be serious comparing American jaywalkers to the raping of our country by illegal foreigners, can you? You're really grasping at straws now. It simply amazes me how desperate the pro-illegals are getting these days up to including making ridiculous analogies about Americans. At least the American jaywalker has a right to be here and I expect all American lawbreakers to be punished for their crimes also.
Or being deliberately obtuse for the sake of argument. They know full well the deleterious effect of illegal immigration on this country, but prefer to confront others with inane examples, and comparisons. I doubt some of them care anything about illegal aliens. Their sole purpose is to argue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration