Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:51 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
How about this, "Better, faster, cheaper: A bedrock American ideal being embraced by immigrant labor!"
Sure thing, yeah that makes sense. Better, faster? How so? Is this another smear of hard working Americans? Cheaper, not even that since the employers just pocket the extra profits. What "immigrant" labor are you speaking of? Are you in the wrong forum? This forum is about illegal aliens, not immigrants. How is an American to buy these so-called "cheap" goods if they don't have a job?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Wow, that sounds horrible, people want to come here and work hard, and do a good job and not rip people off? And people are UP IN ARMS to keep that from happening!!
There is a legal way to come here. The illegal way just takes jobs from Americans and by the way Americans also work hard. They ARE ripping Americans off by stealing their jobs and taxes. Gee yeah, I wonder why we are all up in arms about this?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:55 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Where does it say the scholarship fund was funded by tax dollars?

Regardless, what difference does that make or how does that answer the question?
You asked how this illegal immigrants' actions hurt anyone. In this case they took a scholarship at a publicly funded college that could have gone to a legal citizen.

He took a journalism internship and jobs from Americans.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:56 AM

22 posts, read 11,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, and you would probably need to move there since all of our natural resources and taxes would be sucked dry not to mention what 7 billion people would do to limited space and all the demands on our social infrastures. There would be so much culture clash that we would have an all out bloody civil war. But just as long as YOU make money, right?
Whew, I made it out just in time. I do have to question the intelligence of those last couple hundred people out of the 7 billion for moving into the Thunderdome. But as long as YOU can defend bad theoreticals, right?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
If their work isn't better, then Americans should be able to compete with them successfully and take the jobs illegal immigrants are doing.
You just don't get it, do you? Or maybe your agenda isn't allowing you to get it. Illegals just work cheaper, PERIOD! Their work isn't any better than an American and in fact I have heard about the illegals shoddy workmanship in construction just for starters. All your glowing accounts of illegal aliens are bogus when you factor in all the negatives and the fact that they obviously have no respect for our laws or border.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Those legal Americans should have had higher potentials, imo.
I'm sure the Philippines could use this crook of many talents much more than us. We wouldn't want to deprive them of this, would we?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:59 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,290 times
Quote:
Sure thing, yeah that makes sense. Better, faster? How so? Is this another smear of hard working Americans?
Employers can largely choose whom to employ, believe it or not. So if there are two applicants he will try to choose the better worker. Unless one is cheaper.

Quote:
Cheaper, not even that since the employers just pocket the extra profits.
Yes, exactly. ECONOMICS 101.

Today I saw two stores selling Doritos. One bag was being sold for $1.50, and the other for $1. However, the second one wasn't cheaper since I just pocketed the extra money.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 PM

192 posts, read 115,588 times
Quote:
You just don't get it, do you? Or maybe your agenda isn't allowing you to get it. Illegals just work cheaper, PERIOD! Their work isn't any better than an American and in fact I have heard about the illegals shoddy workmanship in construction just for starters. All your glowing accounts of illegal aliens are bogus when you factor in all the negatives and the fact that they obviously have no respect for our laws or border.
If Americans do better work than illegal immigrants, then they deserve to be paid more, and thus, illegal immigrants working for cheaper isn't a concern to the Americans. All the employers concerned with the quality of their work would hire the people who do the best work.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Here's what you said:

Are jaywalkers not crooks? Are speeders not crooks? Don't you care about THE RULE OF LAW? Won't society completely fall apart if we don't stamp out this BLATANT FLOUTING OF OUR PRECIOUS LAWS?
Yep jaywalkers and speeders are breaking the law, and our police don't seem to have a problem writing them tickets. Now when will this illegal be on the plane to return to where he never should have left?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:03 PM

951 posts, read 745,628 times
Really? I jay-walked leaving the bar last night and the cop I waved at looked the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration