Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB View Post
white people are marrying outside thier race more and more each day.

White women love to marry black and latino men.

While White men love to marry asian and latino women.

thats the problem.
This is correct. I am a white guy who married "outside my race"---(and also "outside my gender")----and I've had enormous difficulties for 37 years, but we're still best friends and still speaking to each other.
We have 3 kids and 4 grandkids, and, though of course this business of "miscegnation" does carry its share of problems, (one of our kids came out darker than the other two, and one sometimes "acts like a wild Indian"), I have traveled through some of the remoter parts of Appalachia, and I can tell you. "cegnation" isn't a cure-all, either....
Good post.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM

164 posts, read 463,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briarwood View Post
Africa is not our problem. I don't see some document that says "Fair-skinned people must solve the worlds problems". Otherwise, then why don't they then simply submit back to colonization then if that's the case?
I’d say that Africa is primarily the business of Africans themselves, but that of the rest of the world as well--not just the fair-skinned. I was disputing JohnfromNY's statement that whites “ended” slavery. (Actually, he did that himself in the part I quoted.) Europeans haven’t even stamped out slavery on their own continent.

Last edited by Marya; 08-27-2007 at 11:12 AM..

Old 08-27-2007, 12:30 PM

435 posts, read 1,521,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marya View Post
I’d say that Africa is primarily the business of Africans themselves, but that of the rest of the world as well--not just the fair-skinned. I was disputing JohnfromNY's statement that whites “ended” slavery. (Actually, he did that himself in the part I quoted.) Europeans haven’t even stamped out slavery on their own continent.
I don't mean that we should help them build infastructure and learn to grow food, but Africa also could get a great boost of self-esteem by pitching in more than it does. You may not realize this, but when people speak of those of color "needing to be saved", it smacks of White supremecy. Black does not equal dumb, so maybe people should also be held responsible?

Also, I want a real reputable article where anyone of any color is enslaved on the European continent (Which does not include Turkey nor Russia)

Old 08-27-2007, 01:30 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
I don't mean that we should help them build infastructure and learn to grow food, but Africa also could get a great boost of self-esteem by pitching in more than it does. You may not realize this, but when people speak of those of color "needing to be saved", it smacks of White supremecy. Black does not equal dumb, so maybe people should also be held responsible?

Also, I want a real reputable article where anyone of any color is enslaved on the European continent (Which does not include Turkey nor Russia)
Then you need look no further than various brothels maintained in Western Europe chock full of girls from Eastern Europe who were either lured with promises of becoming an au pair, or outright chicanery and human smuggling. google it.

(I just did - is BBC reputable and credible enough for ya?)

BBC NEWS | World | Human smuggling eclipses drugs trade

Last edited by DontH8Me; 08-27-2007 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 08-27-2007, 01:49 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Since when are "Latinos" necessarily non-Caucasian? Caucasian is a race. Latino is (arguably) an ethnicity.

Quite a few South American countries have majority European-descended populations.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Then you need look no further than various brothels maintained in Western Europe chock full of girls from Eastern Europe who were either lured with promises of becoming an au pair, or outright chicanery and human smuggling. google it.

(I just did - is BBC reputable and credible enough for ya?)

BBC NEWS | World | Human smuggling eclipses drugs trade

BBC is certainly reputable, as far as crediable, well, we won't go there...

Again, every group of people has it's demons. This isn't a pissing match between "Who's got the worst human trafficking", otherwise I could show you pictures of female circumsicion(sp?) in the Congo and South African gang rapes that would make you vomit, which is done by African men to African women and horrifies even the most harded White Afrikkaner. Then of course, there's the ongoing issue of Islamic men attacking women of every non-islamic strpie across Europe. Isn't diversity grand?

And BTW, many African Americans might take offense to what you've posted. While the horrors of sexual explotiation are horrific, they were not kidnapped, chained, beaten and had their children ripped from their own mothers like Slaves (who, also, were sometimes used as sexual tools as well). I suggest you get a grip on your racism and truly understand the impact of the word "Slavery".

Old 08-27-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
BBC is certainly reputable, as far as crediable, well, we won't go there...

Again, every group of people has it's demons. This isn't a pissing match between "Who's got the worst human trafficking", otherwise I could show you pictures of female circumsicion(sp?) in the Congo and South African gang rapes that would make you vomit, which is done by African men to African women and horrifies even the most harded White Afrikkaner. Then of course, there's the ongoing issue of Islamic men attacking women of every non-islamic strpie across Europe. Isn't diversity grand?

And BTW, many African Americans might take offense to what you've posted. While the horrors of sexual explotiation are horrific, they were not kidnapped, chained, beaten and had their children ripped from their own mothers like Slaves (who, also, were sometimes used as sexual tools as well). I suggest you get a grip on your racism and truly understand the impact of the word "Slavery".
Where do you get off accusing me of racism? And who the heck do you think you are to "rate" the level of slavery? I'm not sure how my post possibly could have caused you to think I was starting a pi**ing match. And also, thanks for pointing out that many African Americans might take offense to what I posted - please do be their advocate, and tell me how you twisted my posting of a link to an article that has nothing to do with African Americans as being offensive to anyone.

You start pulling in all sorts of things that weren't even to do (female circumcision) with what you had asked specifically for - at least one reputable source of slavery existing in Europe. And that's what I did. Sorry if you can't deal with the fact that many girls are in fact being used as slaves in the s e x industry in Europe, but I fail to see how that is not a direct response to a question YOU posted.

I think YOU need to get a grip and a dictionary while you're at it.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Where do you get off accusing me of racism? And who the heck do you think you are to "rate" the level of slavery? I'm not sure how my post possibly could have caused you to think I was starting a pi**ing match. And also, thanks for pointing out that many African Americans might take offense to what I posted - please do be their advocate, and tell me how you twisted my posting of a link to an article that has nothing to do with African Americans as being offensive to anyone.

You start pulling in all sorts of things that weren't even to do (female circumcision) with what you had asked specifically for - at least one reputable source of slavery existing in Europe. And that's what I did. Sorry if you can't deal with the fact that many girls are in fact being used as slaves in the s e x industry in Europe, but I fail to see how that is not a direct response to a question YOU posted.

I think YOU need to get a grip and a dictionary while you're at it.

Sex workers != slaves. You make it sound like Europeans keep slaves. They don't. Africans, however, do. I mean you're racism against whites.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Please stop spinning your wheels briarwood - it has become abundantly apparent that you are not playing with a full deck. I will not try to convince you of anything because apparently you think that someone who is held against their will and forced to work as a prostitute cannot be a slave.

Please look up the word slave, and understand it comes from slav - those same white people as you have mentioned that I am somehow racist against. I happen to be of slavic origin, so I guess I am not only a racist against whites, but I am also somehow a self-loather.

There should be a way of weeding out posters who try to engage in a debate of thoughts and ideas and are coming into battle unarmed. I hope you look into getting some treatment, there are actually medications for your condition.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,731,734 times
Please calm down and get back on topic, please.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration