U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Reputation: 3602

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
But how common? More common than with US citizens of similar socioeconomic background?
Do your own research for once. Instead of asking questions that you have no intent of listening to the answers provided.

 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
There you go again. You start with talking about how THIS ONE GUY is a scumbag and from there jump to talking about "these people" in the general sense. Pretty much the textbook example of bigotry.
Nobody seems to have any counter to this claim. This whole thread is based on pure bigotry, and everyone else wants to talk about anything BUT this point.

 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Btw, how do all your evasive arguments relate to the fact that is not in dispute? An illegal driving drunk killed a man. This is uncontested despite all of your attempts to change the conversation.
As you said, this is not a fact that is in dispute. Running back to uncontested facts and ignoring the contested claims is not exactly a winning strategy.
 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:05 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
As you said, this is not a fact that is in dispute. Running back to uncontested facts and ignoring the contested claims is not exactly a winning strategy.
Which totally explains your tactics is this discussion. Ignore the facts, try to muddy the waters of conversation with off topic, stupid statements.

I must admit, though, it is nice of you to admit that you are not discussing the OP but trying to make a political statement. It allows for the total discounting of your every statement.
 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Do your own research for once. Instead of asking questions that you have no intent of listening to the answers provided.
No, that's not how it works. If someone wants to say something like "X is common" then THAT person needs to back that claim. Otherwise no conclusions can be reached from that point. It's worthless opinion without evidence.

This thread is based on the implicit claim that illegals are somehow linked with drunk driving, moreso than legal people (if they're not, then removing them isn't going to have a positive effect on drunk driving injury rates). Nobody has offered a single shred of data to back that position. It's purely "here's an anecdote, a single individual did something bad, aren't THOSE PEOPLE so awful?"

If I found a case where a black guy ran over a white person, and then jumped from that into a rant about how all black people should be kicked out of America, who would consider that to be a bigoted position? Can you deny that if we did that there would be no more white people getting run over by black people? Does that fact make the position less bigoted?

The questions in that last paragraph are IMPORTANT questions. We'll see who ignores them.
 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Are you starting to get it now? Is the little light bulb starting to light up?
Oh I've known it all along, you know you can't back anything up, so you just keep hammering the same lie.
There is a precedent;

''Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.''
Adolf Hitler
 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Which totally explains your tactics is this discussion. Ignore the facts, try to muddy the waters of conversation with off topic, stupid statements.

I must admit, though, it is nice of you to admit that you are not discussing the OP but trying to make a political statement. It allows for the total discounting of your every statement.
Wow. I am discussing the OP. The OP made a political statement. Did you read it?

Quote:
Illegal immigration advocates: You have blood on your hands
I'm discussing the opinion part of the OP. Not the undisputed fact part. How interesting do you think that conversation would be if we limited our talk to the undisputed facts, exactly? I'm not IGNORING the facts, at all.

You just keep running back to "the facts" to avoid talking about the actual controversy. Why is that?
 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Reputation: 3602
[quote=rhymetime;20572065]
Quote:
No. I've even agreed with it. It's undeniably true.
So you admit that all of your statements are deceptive.

Quote:
But it's also true that if we made all the white guys disappear, there would be a huge decrease in crime of all sorts.
Even you should be able to admit that this is not the point of the OP. Just another attempton your part at changing the topic. Fail.

Quote:
OK, great! If you're not claiming there's a link, then you shouldn't be politicizing this tragedy to push the agenda of getting rid of the illegal immigrants.
What is your problem with enforcing the laws? Illegal means criminal. The only agenda present is enforcing the law, which people such as you seem to want to ignore. BTW, they are not "immigrants" they are aliens (not belonging here).


Quote:
Wow, you're really confused. I didn't claim that anyone is attempting to just kick out the drunks. Perhaps you should re-read my post and then re-reply
Perhaps you should take up a comprehension course. ALL illegals need to go. You are the one concentrating on drunks and trying to include anyone and everyone else with the illegals. Fail.

Quote:
Again, you completely mis-read what I wrote. Try again
.

No, unfortunately for you, I read and understood exactly what you wrote as you wrote it. And called you on it.

Perhaps if you meant something different, you should "try again".
 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So you admit that all of your statements are deceptive.
No. I haven't denied that fact in one single post in this thread. Prove your claim that I'm being deceptive. Let's see your argument. Make a case, don't just sling accusations.

Quote:
Even you should be able to admit that this is not the point of the OP. Just another attempton your part at changing the topic. Fail.
Wow, have you ever heard of an analogy? Comparisons to examine ideas?
 
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
Reputation: 6156
These are the facts;

A man is dead
The man who killed him is a criminal illegal alien
He was already deported in 2007 for drunk driving
He is also charged with 7 other charges
If he was not in this country, a husband/father would be alive

Those are the facts. No rhetoric can change that.

Gateway crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top