Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:40 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Meaning?
Our feelings, thoughts & physical well being.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:45 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
just a thought--If the reason people want the illegals here is for cheap labor, just wait a few years and see what you have: the illegals who performed cheap labor will be dying off and their kids, who are citizens, will not take those lowly jobs. So who will work at the "jobs Americans won't do" then?

No compassion for them. They're cheating the system. Hitler has nothing to do with it.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:47 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If the reason people want the illegals here is for cheap labor, just wait a few years and see what you have: the illegals who performed cheap labor will be dying off and their kids, who are citizens, will not take those lowly jobs. So who will work at the "jobs Americans won't do" then?
All the jobs will be bilingual because the children will refuse to speak English.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:52 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Being compassionate does NOT mean acting like the current illegal immigration process is all fine and dandy. If you really care about them, you would send them back to their home country instead of encouraging a permanent under-class of people who are suspectible to all kinds of abuse from their employers.
Oh, right, it's just for their own good. Or you could, you know, just legalize them. But let's be honest, you're not going to support that, because you don't ACTUALLY care about their well being, you're just using that as an excuse.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:48 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
bad enough we have to pay each time to send them back! Charge them for the expenses occured!!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:50 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Lets just adopt the laws the countries of the illegals use for their illegals.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:13 PM

335 posts, read 328,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Oh, right, it's just for their own good. Or you could, you know, just legalize them.
Why reward foreigners for violating our laws? We don't reward Americans for violating our laws.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
compassion: to feel empathy or sympathy.
Hmmm I don't think that's a challenge. The challenge is to not allow compassion to cloud reason.
I have a cleft palate. I give to smile train every year. I would love to give more than I do. I genuinly feel the pain of these children. I have nothing but compassion for them. That doesnt mean I should donate every dollar I earn or take out loans to give more.
This nation is on the ropes. We have 9+% unemployment. Greater than 30% on welfare or subsidized living. We have over 1 million estimated homeless citizens.
Now is not the time to allow compassion to cloud judgment.
Compassion. Is a virtue and is important but compassion should begin and end at home taking care of our own first.
The pro-illegal side loves to paint a picture of honest hard working people who came from a horrible place to live a better life. Then tell us how greedy and spiteful we are because we dont show enough compassion to illegals. They will accuse us of racism and xenophobia if we want to restrict who we allow to enter or have high standards. As if we somehow owe it to illegals. Where is their compassion for those forced out of work by illegals who lowball wages? Where is the compassion for the victims of ID theft? Oh wait they only use dead peoples ssn#'s we have been told. Not true. But thats thuer line.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:26 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
My compassion disappeared when I saw illegal aliens getting more support from my government then my family gets.....

My compassion disappeared when an illegal alien pays less to go to college than my daughter.

I despise any American citizen who calls for compassion for anyone who illegally enters my country.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
My compassion disappeared when I saw illegal aliens getting more support from my government then my family gets.....

My compassion disappeared when an illegal alien pays less to go to college than my daughter.

I despise any American citizen who calls for compassion for anyone who illegally enters my country.
Compassion is not a bad thing. But it must be measured. Our priority should always be to take care of our own first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration