Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 04:29 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Your inability to understand reality may well be due to youth.

Your points are easily refuted and then you turn to insults and absurd suggestions of some ethnic interest.

Perhaps you suffer from youth...
Really? Please find a single post where you legitimately refuted my points or any other anti-illegal posters' points for that matter.

All I have observed thus far is your continued attempts to antagonize or personally attack any poster who disagrees with your support of illegal immigration.

Just an FYI: My race, age nor sex is none of your business.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:31 PM

387 posts, read 337,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Perhaps the pro-illegal side feel an amnesty is necessary because they have friends and families that stand to benefit from it.
Yes I feel a regularization is neccessary. The T&Cs would have to be determined based on what would fly.

No - Have no interest, neither family nor friends nor any likely to occur. I have a British/Columbian/American Sister in Law. And I often have great visitors from Columbia periodically but with no interest in becoming Americans. I suspect most could quite easily if they desired.

Quote:

People who use illegal drugs seem to feel we should legalize them.
I favor a vast moderation of the laws on drugs if not full legalization. I smoked pot a couple of times 40 years ago but I doubt my lungs would appreciate it now. I have ready access to potent legal drugs and refrain from using them. But I would still hold for a vast liberalization of the right of a person to do as they please unless it effects others.

Quote:

Ask any underage drinker and they want the legal drinking age lowered.
My children could drink at 18 and it worked pretty well. I would suggest the age of reason and legally of age and able to die for your country and the legal drinking age should be the same.

I am of course well beyond the age were this would be an issue.

Quote:

Ask people charged with statutary rape and they want the age of consent lowered.
And again I don't think a 17 yo banging a 15 yo should be in danger of going to prison or being declared a sexual predator.

Why I think twelve is too young to give consent 16 is too old.

One of the great married couples I know of were married when he was 28 and she was 13. It is now over 50 years later. And they are still happily married.

Quote:

Ask a speeder they want speed limits raised.
I drive reasonably conservatively nowadays though I loved to speed when I was younger. I would opine that speed limits should be rational and the speed limit on open interstates should be a lot higher or non-existant.

Quote:

Ask the families of these violators and they will argue in favor of such measures also.
Again though I have no axes in any of these but I have opinions none the less.

Quote:

We have one pro-illegal on the forum claiming that the number of legal immigrants from mexico is almost the same as those here illegally. How they might know the actual number of illegals is questionable at best. For the sake of arhument Ill accept the number as semi-valid. If thats true then its numbered in the millions successful immigrants from mexico. That would indicate that not only is it not impossible to come here legally but happens all the time. That would also indicate that the tired old argument of its too hard or impossible is nothing more than a lame excuse.
If you are suitably related to a citizen it is quite possible to come across legally and they do.

If you are not suitably related it is simply impossible if you are an ordinary lower end Mexican.

Quote:

Then we hear that it would be to expensive to deport millions of illegals. That it would and I agree that it would be too expensive to deport them all. I disagree that we would need to.
Instead impose harsh penalties on businesses and home owners who knowingly hire illegals. Include prison time for those who do it. As labor laws are enforced business will adjust.
Its happened before. Child labor laws ended abuse of children.
OSHA safety laws forced business to make the work place more safe.
Illegals will self deport.
The problem is that it is defensible. You put the problem in your post...knowingly...it is a killer. If a serious attempt was made the business community would see to the removal of the sponsoring legislators.

I think it will simply lead to more illegals on the gray payroll rather than the regular one. Now there is no paper trail. No I9 to validate.

You simply have to face it. There is no rational way to create the pressure to convince the illegals to self deport. There is no will or means to compel deportation.

And if we don't regularize some way or the other it only gets worse.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Nah -- no need to "regularize" any of them. They made the choice to be here illegally, they chose to break the laws. Not one illegal has any respect for this country or it's laws.

It's best to just leave them illegal. They're easier to deport when they mess up if they're illegal. It also keeps them from fraudulently trying to get Social Security checks using those stolen social security numbers. What a mess to "regularize" them and have them claiming social security checks using numbers of American citizens who then will be denied their own money.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:59 PM

387 posts, read 337,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Nah -- no need to "regularize" any of them. They made the choice to be here illegally, they chose to break the laws. Not one illegal has any respect for this country or it's laws.

It's best to just leave them illegal. They're easier to deport when they mess up if they're illegal. It also keeps them from fraudulently trying to get Social Security checks using those stolen social security numbers. What a mess to "regularize" them and have them claiming social security checks using numbers of American citizens who then will be denied their own money.
And they provide the infrastructure for new arrivals. Thus guaranteeing that the illegal population continues to expand.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Yes I feel a regularization is neccessary. The T&Cs would have to be determined based on what would fly.

No - Have no interest, neither family nor friends nor any likely to occur. I have a British/Columbian/American Sister in Law. And I often have great visitors from Columbia periodically but with no interest in becoming Americans. I suspect most could quite easily if they desired.

I favor a vast moderation of the laws on drugs if not full legalization. I smoked pot a couple of times 40 years ago but I doubt my lungs would appreciate it now. I have ready access to potent legal drugs and refrain from using them. But I would still hold for a vast liberalization of the right of a person to do as they please unless it effects others.

My children could drink at 18 and it worked pretty well. I would suggest the age of reason and legally of age and able to die for your country and the legal drinking age should be the same.

I am of course well beyond the age were this would be an issue.

And again I don't think a 17 yo banging a 15 yo should be in danger of going to prison or being declared a sexual predator.

Why I think twelve is too young to give consent 16 is too old.

One of the great married couples I know of were married when he was 28 and she was 13. It is now over 50 years later. And they are still happily married.

I drive reasonably conservatively nowadays though I loved to speed when I was younger. I would opine that speed limits should be rational and the speed limit on open interstates should be a lot higher or non-existant.

Again though I have no axes in any of these but I have opinions none the less.

If you are suitably related to a citizen it is quite possible to come across legally and they do.

If you are not suitably related it is simply impossible if you are an ordinary lower end Mexican.

The problem is that it is defensible. You put the problem in your post...knowingly...it is a killer. If a serious attempt was made the business community would see to the removal of the sponsoring legislators.

I think it will simply lead to more illegals on the gray payroll rather than the regular one. Now there is no paper trail. No I9 to validate.

You simply have to face it. There is no rational way to create the pressure to convince the illegals to self deport. There is no will or means to compel deportation.

And if we don't regularize some way or the other it only gets worse.
Quite literally unworthy of any reply.
A whole lot of well I think it should be this way so it should be this way.
A single 28 yr old marrying a 13 yearold is evidence that age of consent should be lowered?
That 28 yr old violated my daughter and my skills learned and proven in battle would ensure that the 28 yr old would never be found.
Perhaps some 13 yr olds are mature enough to make an informed choice. Most most likely are not. Thus the law.
None of which has anything to do with an amnesty, but you have made my point. You use weak and unfounded excuses to make your case.
I am 100% sure big business was anti- child labor laws and yet the adapted.
I know that big business was and often is still anti- OSHA and yet they adapt and change. Where is the backlash from enforcement?
By the way I work for a fortune 500 company and no we don't use illegals. A company providing temps was caught using illegals. We no longer use that company.
Nearly 50% of all paper towels sold in north America and none manufactured by using Illegal labor. What industries specifically control DC enough to create the fear you mention?
The majority of legal citizens are against an amnesty.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
And they provide the infrastructure for new arrivals. Thus guaranteeing that the illegal population continues to expand.
And if we made them legal they would stop this behavior? I really doubt it.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
And once given documents do you think they quit bringing in their family members? Many want to be legalized just so they can more easily bring over their children, grandparents, parents and so on.

There are as many as 30 million illegals, a number of them arrived at age 40 or more and many of them will soon be too old to work. Our social security system is in far too much trouble to add even 10 million new recipients.

Many illegals are getting elderly. Some will have arthritis and be unable to work - so what's your plan for taking care of them? Another taxpayer program for them or do we slash social security checks for Americans to give the regularized illegals a nice fat retirement check even though a very large portion of them never paid into social security.

Or do we simply write them SSI checks? Many of these people have sent their money home for years or decades and that's where they should head on retirement.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
never gave a name to the poster and 100% dont care why you feel we owe illegals a free pass.
I have been to the consulate in Bangkok which processes a fair amount of VISA's. I fail to see what relevance this has in regards to an amnesty. My other claim. Shrug I said perhaps as in its a possibility. I guess that there are some in the world who feel that if you reward criminal behavior that it would be a deterrent for more of the same.
I've been the only member that had posted about legal and illegal immigration rates being very close for Mexico, at least for any time over the last year. There has even been a trend to show the two percentages are in the process of inverting. The U.S. Consulate in Juarez is the only location with Mexico that handles IV and K-class visas, and is defined for that reason to be the busiest such U.S. facility.

Again, you are specifically and wrongly identifying me as wanting to give illegal aliens "a free pass". When your analogies are not working out as you expect, and your determinations that those that support certain categories have families in those categories are declared false, you drop into the denial that everyone else seems to have here. You can't even see a contrast that you object to your loved ones being defined a certain way, but want to define my loved ones in the same way.

I'm hoping that Yac doesn't make the determination that this is in-fighting tomorrow morning, and leaves the comment in place. I'm being constructive in my approach to show the Golden Rule, or whatever name it has in any other moral and religious code. If I have to operate on the thought that it may be borrowed time here to provide some parable, so be it, I'm going to challenge everyone's thought process to understand themselves as well as they think they understand others.

You've pinned an unfair label on me, if that is how someone defines me, they aren't thinking hard enough. You and I have even had communication through private messaging, and I have been grateful to see a critical thought process going on in your head, and more of an awareness to certain aspects than others have here.

Your valuation of my posts are entirely up to you, the same as for any other member. I relate to you better than most anybody else here, and understand your experiences. Reinstated again, I am not here to argue how anyone, anybody, feels, and what their belief system is. But someone has to be aware of what they are debating about.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Quite literally unworthy of any reply.
A whole lot of well I think it should be this way so it should be this way.
A single 28 yr old marrying a 13 yearold is evidence that age of consent should be lowered?
That 28 yr old violated my daughter and my skills learned and proven in battle would ensure that the 28 yr old would never be found.
Perhaps some 13 yr olds are mature enough to make an informed choice. Most most likely are not. Thus the law...
But you just said that the law doesn't matter. You would take it into your own hands as you saw fit. Why talk of the "Rule of Law", when your comment shows you don't support the basic principle?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I've been the only member that had posted about legal and illegal immigration rates being very close for Mexico, at least for any time over the last year. There has even been a trend to show the two percentages are in the process of inverting. The U.S. Consulate in Juarez is the only location with Mexico that handles IV and K-class visas, and is defined for that reason to be the busiest such U.S. facility.

Again, you are specifically and wrongly identifying me as wanting to give illegal aliens "a free pass". When your analogies are not working out as you expect, and your determinations that those that support certain categories have families in those categories are declared false, you drop into the denial that everyone else seems to have here. You can't even see a contrast that you object to your loved ones being defined a certain way, but want to define my loved ones in the same way.

I'm hoping that Yac doesn't make the determination that this is in-fighting tomorrow morning, and leaves the comment in place. I'm being constructive in my approach to show the Golden Rule, or whatever name it has in any other moral and religious code. If I have to operate on the thought that it may be borrowed time here to provide some parable, so be it, I'm going to challenge everyone's thought process to understand themselves as well as they think they understand others.

You've pinned an unfair label on me, if that is how someone defines me, they aren't thinking hard enough. You and I have even had communication through private messaging, and I have been grateful to see a critical thought process going on in your head, and more of an awareness to certain aspects than others have here.

Your valuation of my posts are entirely up to you, the same as for any other member. I relate to you better than most anybody else here, and understand your experiences. Reinstated again, I am not here to argue how anyone, anybody, feels, and what their belief system is. But someone has to be aware of what they are debating about.
Once again never alluded to anyone being an insect. I stated why some will jump to a conclusion. I fairly illustrated several scenarios to support why. The why being who is the worst offenders. Why didnt you ask why your wife is or ford pinto? Why didnt you accuse me of comparing illegals to catholic priests or white guys? The reason was you had a mission to make it personal.
Unfair label? You constantly post in favor of amnesty's and make excuses for illegals. You constantly advocate for the illegals cause. If that isn't pro-illegal then what is?
Our private communication has come to an end and there will be no further attempts to see anything from your perspective. In short you burned the bridge.
Why bring Yac into the discussion? Yac will be fair and if she feels the need to ban me or anyone else so be it. That is her call.
The fact that you attacked my wife who isn't even a poster, the fact that you singled her out speaks volumes. I never attacked your wife and in the past have come to your defence when others have made posts that could be construed as an insult. I can only wonder about why you selected me as a target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration