Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:20 PM

387 posts, read 337,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Using the term "pro-illegal" in the context of illegal immigration does not imply that a person engages in illegal activity and you know it. It has always meant that the person advocates for, makes exuces for and defends illegal aliens including advocating for amnesty/legalization for them or at least some of them.
As I and IBM have pointed out on numerous occassions we do not support illegal immigration. So any suggesting that we are in favor of it is libelous.

I don't think you wish to be libelous do you?

Find a new term.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:29 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The rule of law is 13 is not the age of consent. And yes I would would do what I saw fit with a pedophile. You may feel it is acceptable for an adult to molest your child but I do not.
Again, I responded to say your interpretation of the "Rule of Law" was inconsistent, and you threw it back to my moral beliefs in regards to a family member. This has shades to what has come up on this forum before about the perceived Age of Consents in Mexico. The argument there is if it is allowed to be law, it makes a judgement on the people for having it.

The "Rule of Law" does not tolerate vigilantism. Such behavior is outside the law, and trivializes it for not being harsh enough, or not being able to render judgement in a proper manner. That a good portion of this forum is particularly tuned to the actions of vigilantism, all while claiming to represent the Rule of Law, is ironic and irreconcilable.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 PM

791 posts, read 460,827 times
To advocate against amnesty, regularization or any other preferential treatment for criminals who have violated our nation's sovereignty would make you 'anti'-illegal alien. To argue the other side of the debate would make you 'pro'-illegal alien. Simple rules of English, boys. Are you sure it's not your second language?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:40 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Again, I responded to say your interpretation of the "Rule of Law" was inconsistent, and you threw it back to my moral beliefs in regards to a family member. This has shades to what has come up on this forum before about the perceived Age of Consents in Mexico. The argument there is if it is allowed to be law, it makes a judgement on the people for having it.

The "Rule of Law" does not tolerate vigilantism. Such behavior is outside the law, and trivializes it for not being harsh enough, or not being able to render judgement in a proper manner. That a good portion of this forum is particularly tuned to the actions of vigilantism, all while claiming to represent the Rule of Law, is ironic and irreconcilable.
A good portion of this forum is tuned to the actions of vigilantism? I haven't read that from hardly any members of this forum. I would never purposely break our laws. I may not even agree with some of them but I would seek changes to them rather than just thumbing my nose at those I don't agree with.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Using the term "pro-illegal" in the context of illegal immigration does not imply that a person engages in illegal activity and you know it. It has always meant that the person advocates for, makes exuces for and defends illegal aliens including advocating for amnesty/legalization for them or at least some of them.
You are making too many assumptions about me. Especially with the haphazard use in terminology and perceived reasoning skills, I do not want any false perceptions of myself to be bandied about. The DHS (Department of Homeland Security) may be watching here, especially about the reported actions of their agents (specifically the alleged graft to get an agreement for Voluntary Departure). I've got my family to watch over after all.

You'll have to come up with a term I don't object to...

Old 01-22-2012, 07:52 PM

791 posts, read 460,827 times
Quote:
You are making too many assumptions about me. Especially with the haphazard use in terminology and perceived reasoning skills, I do not want any false perceptions of myself to be bandied about. The DHS (Department of Homeland Security) may be watching here, especially about the reported actions of their agents (specifically the alleged graft to get an agreement for Voluntary Departure). I've got my family to watch over after all.

I haven't been in this forum 15 minutes and already I can tell I'm gonna have a BALL with you and your P*O-ILLEGAL ALIEN mindset.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
I haven't been in this forum 15 minutes and already I can tell I'm gonna have a BALL with you and your P*O-ILLEGAL ALIEN mindset.
Yeah, the TOS is at the top of the forum...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:

I make no assumptions about you. You forget that we have a past. Besides, I have already explained to you why people are called pro-illegals (short for pro-illegal alien). It has nothing to do with they themselves being involved in illegal activity (although some do aid and abet illegals which is an illegal acitivity). Why are us anti-illegals referred to as xenophobes? Have you never used that word against an anti-illegal? If so, why? We have no fear of strangers. There is no ethnic group/race/nationality that is a stranger to our country.

I have many times used the terms "advocates for illegal aliens" and "defenders of illegal aliens". Are those unacceptable terms also?

I wouldn't worry about how the DHS would perceive you as they seem to be on your side anyways. We anti's should be the ones worried about being spied on. Anyone who wants illegal immigration stopped and illegals deported seem to be the ones they demonize.

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-22-2012 at 08:11 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
To advocate against amnesty, regularization or any other preferential treatment for criminals who have violated our nation's sovereignty would make you 'anti'-illegal alien. To argue the other side of the debate would make you 'pro'-illegal alien. Simple rules of English, boys. Are you sure it's not your second language?
If such semantics were so easily determined, we would never had "Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee"...

Hang around there, and you'll see they don't live up to their moniker...

Speaking of which, there might be questions about yours...

And, wow, you quickly bypassed calling our families "illegal aliens", and leveled it right at us...

You would have had so much fun with Erik, and had your head explode at the end to resolve it...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
If such semantics were so easily determined, we would never had "Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee"...

Hang around there, and you'll see they don't live up to their moniker...

Speaking of which, there might be questions about yours...

And, wow, you quickly bypassed calling our families "illegal aliens", and leveled it right at us...

You would have had so much fun with Erik, and had your head explode at the end to resolve it...
Where did the poster you are responding to call your family or any other family here legally, "illegal aliens"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration