Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times

Advertisements

I love this negative rep I got:

"promotes breaking of Federal U.S. laws- inappropriate"

Isn't that the whole debate?

Anyways I live in Silicon Valley, and please don't speak for all of us when you say "people want this". You can live your life in defensive, I'll live mine accepting. But thanks for sharing your typical view on illegal Mexicans, I call assuming too much, pretty ignorant too.

Quote:
I hate to inject the truth into your fantasy, but the truth is the Japaneese in California were being rounded up and being put in concentration camps, people did not trust any Asians (The lesson learned then was called Pearl Harbor).There were not that many Hispanics in California at the time due to the mass deportations during the depression.
We learned not to take our frustration out on a race (well I hope we learned), Italians were also rounded up as the majority of immigrants were Italians. Actually SoCal there were a lot of Mexican Americans, read the story about the Zoot Suit Riots.

I gotta work today, so you folks have fun.

Last edited by Mach50; 09-25-2007 at 08:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
How many states and cities have you lived in? Have you had to go to work with the "low skilled" workers everyday? Well I have lived in 6 states and worked with hundreds of them. "Not the indians and chinese, but the "low skilled hispanic ' workers. So dont try to unvalidate my experiences, I have had many, and not just in a little piece of the USA. If this was all "not the way they are" then I would not have seen and experienced the exact same thing all over. I dont know if you have kids, but you better hope we get a handle on this, because with their educations now and the lack and cutting of programs, they are really getting the crap end of this deal. There is a difference between acceptance and bending over and taking it up the you know where, which is what we are doing now.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
My German family were not treated so well when they came over in 1940 either!!!
Anyway, nicely said , I agree. I guess ignorance is bliss for some.
I can relate to some degree: my birth name is extremely ethnic-------to the point I had it legally changed to a stereotypical 'WASP' one about 18 years ago.

It sounded like a stereotypical 'person of color' name; which caused me some problems------I am as 'white' as they come in physical appearance.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
"Anyways I live in Silicon Valley"

I must admit this adds credibility to your argument. Everyone knows what a hotbed of immigrant problems Silicon Valley is. I understand it ranks right up there with Berkley and Beverly Hills.

"don't speak for all of us when you say "people want this".

Im sorry for this, you are right, it is not right to assume you speak for others. It is a cheap trick to add credibility to an argument.

"We learned not to take our frustration out on a race" "I can tell you that this does not apply to me, my wife, my family and many if not all of my friends"We take solace in knowing that our neighborhood is in constant influx of many cultures"

Look, the whole point that this thread is based on, is not immigrant bashing, it is that the people who are contantly branded "Racist" for not wanting unlimited immigration. They are not, they are for the most part concerned citizens, who in many cases, fathers and grandfathers paid for the right to be Americans with their lives.
It angers them to see people breaking into the country illegaly and expoliting what it has to offer without commiting to the values that make the country great. It angers them that the standard of living of many communities is declining. It angers them that their goverment is not protecting their intrerests or the interests of their children. What about the legal immigrants standing in line for decades and playing by the rules who are being cheated. No one is against immigration, but it has to be managed. It has to be done in a manner which protects the interests of the citizens. Unrestrained immigration is a disaster, just ask the American Indians how unrestricted immigration worked for them.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:21 PM

185 posts, read 355,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You see there are people in the US who do not want some homogeneous country where we all speak, look and act exactly alike. For us, our culture is forever changing and evolving, that is what I think American Culture is all about, tolerance of religion, race, and ethnicity make for better growth.

Tell that to La Raza who's goal is the latinization of America. It's not fiction, it's happening now. Maywood, CA is 96% Hispanic and I'll bet my bottom dollar, if we last another 1000 years, Maywood will never be a welcome place for non-hispanics. Once they take hold there is no turnig back. Diversity to the exclusion of all else is DIVISION!

There's a town in Texas, can't remember the name off-hand who has made Spanish the official language. The tri-state area in Washington is 57% Hispanic, the invasion is taking hold far from the sounthern border.

Why can't I protect my culture, Norman Rockwell's Americana that I love and grew up in?

Where is the diversity in transforming my country into something that mirrors everything south of the border?

Mexico has waged war on the United States in the form of 30,000,000 disenfranchised citizens.

The level of hypocrisy coming from Mexico is hard to believe.

YouTube - Felipe Calderon and Mexico's Hypocrisy in National Security

Old 09-25-2007, 01:55 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
One of the problems is that REALISM has been labeled racism.

Here is some realism:

Local communities across the country are being drained by the cost of illegal immigration. In California, San Diego County alone spends $250 million a year on services for illegal aliens. Now, the county's Supervisor is demanding a change.

Is this the culture we want, a bunch of illegal immigrants sucking our resources dry? Is bankrupting American cities a good thing for our country? Facts are facts and all these illegal immigrants need to be deported!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post

Mexico has waged war on the United States in the form of 30,000,000 disenfranchised citizens.
Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

When California and Arizona were both confronted with the above US Constitution, they both replied "We are not being invaded by a hostile power".

I welcome the Mexicans and personally beleive it helps the economy:
felixsalmon.com: — Illegal immigrants are good for the US economy

Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Article IV, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

When California and Arizona were both confronted with the above US Constitution, they both replied "We are not being invaded by a hostile power".

I welcome the Mexicans and personally beleive it helps the economy:
felixsalmon.com: — Illegal immigrants are good for the US economy
Is this your idea of adding to the local economy?

Local communities across the country are being drained by the cost of illegal immigration. In California, San Diego County alone spends $250 million a year on services for illegal aliens.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Is this your idea of adding to the local economy?

Local communities across the country are being drained by the cost of illegal immigration. In California, San Diego County alone spends $250 million a year on services for illegal aliens.
But how much do they add? Any stats?

Old 09-25-2007, 02:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
One of the problems is that REALISM has been labeled racism.

Here is some realism:

Local communities across the country are being drained by the cost of illegal immigration. In California, San Diego County alone spends $250 million a year on services for illegal aliens. Now, the county's Supervisor is demanding a change.

Is this the culture we want, a bunch of illegal immigrants sucking our resources dry? Is bankrupting American cities a good thing for our country? Facts are facts and all these illegal immigrants need to be deported!
we cant even take care of ourselves. why are we giving services to folks who aint supposed to be here in the first place?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration