Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 05:20 PM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Advertisements

I just want to offer sympathy to all those looking for work who will not get jobs because those who are here illegally get them instead. It is not right and it shouldn't be happening to you. I hope for a miracle in this country to turn this injustice around.

President Obama, what you did today is not right. You need to rethink what your oath of office promised and send all illegals home. Ignoring our laws will bring no good to the illegals or this nation. You were wrong to do what you did today.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Bascailly he just bought votes by adding 800K more workers that can get work permits .

Old 06-15-2012, 05:24 PM

808 posts, read 1,679,066 times
Capitalism loves cheap. Absolutely loves cheap. Capitalism does not have the interest of the nation or the people in mind, only profits. Short term immediate profits. Money right now.

And they love paying illegals below minimum wage under the table.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:30 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I just want to offer sympathy to all those looking for work who will not get jobs because those who are here illegally get them instead. It is not right and it shouldn't be happening to you. I hope for a miracle in this country to turn this injustice around.

President Obama, what you did today is not right. You need to rethink what your oath of office promised and send all illegals home. Ignoring our laws will bring no good to the illegals or this nation. You were wrong to do what you did today.
Yeah, I was pissed when I heard that news.

Amazing...

Old 06-15-2012, 05:33 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,744,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bascailly he just bought votes by adding 800K more workers that can get work permits .
And business owners just got 800K more people who will love to bend over backwards for them in exchange for peanut shells

And yet this is only one of many reasons I'm an independent (and no, Independent does not equal Moderate).

Old 06-15-2012, 05:33 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times
I think illegals have some place in this economy... If they have construction skills they can do your home remodeling for cheap. We did our entire 3 story house remodeled for cheap with illegal Polish labor. It was still expensive at $240,000 but we even sneaked by without building permits. Otherwise, maybe we couldn't afford a 3 story remodeling.

Ilegals have it the toughest to survive, and they have to do the hardest under the table work. We need them to harvest our crops when other people won't do that.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
And sadly, there's no way to change this. Obama basically said he'd rather have illegals working than Americans... and Romney, a huge fan of cheaper-is-better capitalism, is acting offended by this decision, and yet won't comment on if he'd reverse the policy or not if he wins the election. Of course he won't - no matter which party wins, more jobs will be lost, wages will be driven further down, and the nation will be flooded with more people we can't afford.

Just brilliant... Amazing how this issue, and practically the entire rotten economy, has been utterly ignored for years now!

How many Americans will have to rot in the streets before something is done about the exploitation of slave labor, both here and abroad? Geez...

Old 06-15-2012, 06:25 PM

808 posts, read 1,679,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I think illegals have some place in this economy... If they have construction skills they can do your home remodeling for cheap. We did our entire 3 story house remodeled for cheap with illegal Polish labor. It was still expensive at $240,000 but we even sneaked by without building permits. Otherwise, maybe we couldn't afford a 3 story remodeling.

Ilegals have it the toughest to survive, and they have to do the hardest under the table work. We need them to harvest our crops when other people won't do that.
Yea, forget all the people with permits and accountability. And when you sell that house, will you tell any prospective buyers how you had your house remodeled?

You should be fined out the wazoo.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:37 PM

833 posts, read 1,714,501 times
A free country operates under supply and demand

Adding-----illegals--- upsets the supply and demand equation from working itself out.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post

Thanks for making the rest of us pay for their healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.