Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Why not end the cycle by giving them more opportunities so there never has to be instances where we feel hostility from them?

That would be an ideal situation. I think when you stop seeing people as human beings and deserving to being treated as such, we lose something that we all should have, and that is compassion toward your fellow man.
Now your sounding more realistic.

But again, I have to ask you.....do you actually know who you want to support the most?
(example)...First you say that your against "illegal Immigration", then you say they're nothing but nice, hard working people trying to make a better life, so they deserve to stay. But now you suggest stopping the cycle of giving them more opporitunities,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm confused

Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 PM

334 posts, read 827,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One huge difference: the Irish typically came here legally speaking English whereas most of Mexico's immigrants are illegal.

Those fools flying the Mexican flag 2 years ago in the illegal immigrants 'rights' rallies made a fatal blunder-------all it did was to enrage the USA.
C'mon, the Irish never spoke English -- ever hear one TALK!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:36 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Now your sounding more realistic.

But again, I have to ask you.....do you actually know who you want to support the most?
Why not end the cycle by giving them more opportunities so there never has to be instances where we feel hostility from them?

(example)...First you say that your against "illegal Immigration", then you say they're nothing but nice, hard working people trying to make a better life, so they deserve to stay. But now you suggest stopping the cycle of giving them more opporitunities,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm confused
That in bold was written by a previous poster.

Below is my response to the previous poster...got it

That would be an ideal situation. I think when you stop seeing people as human beings and deserving to being treated as such, we lose something that we all should have, and that is compassion toward your fellow man.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
C'mon, the Irish never spoke English -- ever hear one TALK!!!!
Easy there; Irish English is closer to our American English than to 'BBC' annunciation

Old 04-16-2008, 07:53 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Quote:

Excuse me. It was misinterpeted

Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 PM

374 posts, read 231,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Here is a video of Mexicans against America and everything we stand for.

WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com (http://www.wehategringos.com/index2.shtml - broken link)

If it does not load go to the wehategringos.com website and click on flash video...
Thanks so much.
Same for the KKK, the Nazi's and these folks. Igronance always causes hate in people. It is ignorant to think that Mexicans think we should leave and they get their "land" back. Not going to happen. There is a thing called war. Wars have be waged for thousands of years. Now, if they would have won the war with US, they would still have their land. Don't hear any of them crying about the Spanish? I say if you want your "land" back, have your government of Mexico declare war, and let the winner keep all. Lands have been taken by other people and "tribes' since the begining of time. They need to get over it. And if they don't like it - GET THE F*** OUT!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:41 PM

162 posts, read 326,292 times
Default A contradictory answer, but you are right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
Igronance always causes hate in people.
And if they don't like it - GET THE F*** OUT!
Ignorance causes hate in people, what are you doing about it then?

Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
Ignorance causes hate in people, what are you doing about it then?
Fear and Ignorance cause hate in people. It is no wonder we are seen as pompus arrogant Americans

Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:

There is no real compassion with massive illegal immigration because it doesn't do a thing to improve things for the people left behind. It benefits those who come here, makes things worse for the rest remaining in Mexico.

Millions of people packing up to head over the border are not investing, are not building, are not creating jobs in their own country. Many abandon young children, many abandon their elderly in order to come here to chase dollars. Broken families, emptied villages -- what good does that do?

Compassion would be for us to quit our patronizing attitude towards Mexicans -- we're not exactly bringing in boatloads of starving Africans or Asians. And all this false cheap labor compassion isn't helping Mexico become a more stable country, it's now more unstable than it's been in a century.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
Same for the KKK, the Nazi's and these folks. Igronance always causes hate in people. It is ignorant to think that Mexicans think we should leave and they get their "land" back. Not going to happen. There is a thing called war. Wars have be waged for thousands of years. Now, if they would have won the war with US, they would still have their land. Don't hear any of them crying about the Spanish? I say if you want your "land" back, have your government of Mexico declare war, and let the winner keep all. Lands have been taken by other people and "tribes' since the begining of time. They need to get over it. And if they don't like it - GET THE F*** OUT!
And the irony is there are some neo Nazi groups in Argentina. Chile as well as Spain----------never mind the above would be counted as Hispanic here in the USA. Google Armada Blanca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration