Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Just to reiterate, Obama grants temporary legal citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants, who essentially had no choice in there current place in life, and Brewer's response is to kick sand in their face by denying them the chance to get public assistance.

I could TOTALLY see God advocating that kind of behavior.
You call 30 year olds children?

The solution should have been to send the Parent back home for abuse of a minor.
If they are so worried about the children why aren't the parents held accountable for trafficking the child out of their home country?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:44 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, they have temporary status granting them permission to remain on a 2-year basis. They are still illegal aliens, and have not been conferred citizenship.
Thanks for the correction, doesn't change the argument though.

Quote:
In addition, thousands were not brought to this country by their parents or other adults. They came in their teens of their own volition. But, they will also qualify.
I was a teenager when we moved to Florida. Sure wasn't my choice.

Quote:
God does not condone liars and thieves either.
Who is lying and stealing?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Not sure why this is controversial - I don't see any states lining up to offer drivers licenses or public benefits to illegal aliens ...... I guess because there is "arizona" thrown in there people get hyper-sensitive

I can understand that - there is some off putting political positions here

This isn't one of them

Other states may not make an official statement that they aren't going to extend licenses - but I doubt many will change their requirements for drivers licenses & benefits from what currently exists and as noted in most states you need to have proof of legal status to get these documents

Right now in AZ you need 2 of the following if one has a clear photo - 3 if there is no clear photo - one must be from the primary list

Primary:
  • Drivers license from any state other than IL, NM, UT & WA (standard license)
  • Enhanced DL from any state
  • Birth certificate from any state, territory or US possession - Hospital record/certificate & CA Certified Abstract of birth are not acceptable
  • Delayed birth certificate issued from any state, possession or territory
  • US Certificate of Birth Abroad
  • US Passport or passport card
  • Foreign passport with US Visa or Visa Waiver I-94W (green) or Admission Stamp (classes WB & WT eligible for ID card only)
  • I-94 form presented without passport. If without photo must also provide other acceptable form of state ID
  • Permanent Resident Card/Resident Alien Card, I-551
  • US Citizenship & Immigration Services, Employment Authorization Document (I-688A, I-688B, I-766)
  • US Citizenship & Immigration Services, Refugee Travel Document I-571
  • US Certificate of Naturalization
  • US Certificate of Citizenship
  • Arizona ID Card
  • Tribunal Certificate of Indian Blood
  • Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Affadavit of Birth
  • US Military DD-214
  • US Military ID Card
  • Record of previous AZ ID Card, DL or Instrutional Permit
  • Affidavit of ID from AZ Dept of Corrections or Maricopa County Adult Probation Department
  • Released offender ID (with photo) from AZ DOC
  • ALPHA Program/Community re-entry ID from MCSO
Secondary
  • DL, Permit or ID from any state, territory or possesion
  • AZ Cert of Birth (foreign born)
  • US Military Dependent Card
  • US Armed Forces Drivers License
  • US Dept of Veteran Affairs ID
  • US Dept of Justice inmate ID card
  • Social Security Card
  • MVR
  • Legal Guardian Cert
  • Selective Service Form
  • W-2
  • Concealed Weapons Permit
  • Medical Insurance ID Card
  • Professional License
  • Bank Card
  • Credit Card
  • Employee ID Badge (with photo)
  • School ID (with photo)
  • Marriage cert issued by any state, territory or possession
  • Cert letter of ID for a Ward of the court, issued by a court or gov't agcy in the US
So here is the issue - with this administrative action and not so much a congressional action it is just a half step

Quote:
Deferred action does not confer lawful status upon an individual. In addition, although an individual whose case is deferred will not be considered to be accruing unlawful presence in the United States during the period deferred action is in effect, deferred action does not excuse individuals of any previous or subsequent periods of unlawful presence.
Under existing regulations, an individual whose case has been deferred is eligible to receive employment authorization for the period of deferred action, provided he or she can demonstrate “an economic necessity for employment.” DHS can terminate or renew deferred action at any time at the agency’s discretion.
Quote:
Does deferred action provide me with a path to permanent residence status or citizenship?

No. Deferred action is a form of prosecutorial discretion that does not confer lawful permanent resident status or a path to citizenship. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer these rights.
Quote:
How do I request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals?
To request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals from USCIS, you must submit Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals to USCIS. This form must be completed, properly signed and accompanied by a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and a Form I-765WS, Worksheet, establishing your economic need for employment. If you fail to submit a completed Form I-765 (along with the accompanying filing fees for that form, totaling $465), USCIS will not consider your request for deferred action. Please read the form instructions to ensure that you submit all the required documentation to support your request.
Now is the question for what I don't know.

I see that there is an application for form I-765 that is tied to the working portion of this new program.

I-766 from what I can tell is the current employment authorization document.

If this new program provides an I-766 there would need to be a change in the AZ requirements as that is an acceptable form - otherwise this talk from Brewer is just that

However, if the I-766 is separate and the new program is only providing an I-765 then they simply wouldn't qualify

Even if they did grant an I-766 I know that some states (like Virginia most notably) will not even accept an I-766 as acceptable for issuing a drivers license (yet they aren't in the headlines today.......)

Old 08-16-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You call 30 year olds children?
They weren't 30 when they came here. Your logic = fail.

Quote:
The solution should have been to send the Parent back home for abuse of a minor.
Except that none of the child abuse laws are even remotely applicable to this situation, the whole statute of limitations thing, and that it does NOTHING to help the children of the illegals.

Quote:
If they are so worried about the children why aren't the parents held accountable for trafficking the child out of their home country?
Again, that does nothing to solve the issue at hand.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:50 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Just to reiterate, Obama grants temporary legal citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants, who essentially had no choice in there current place in life, and Brewer's response is to kick sand in their face by denying them the chance to get public assistance.

Whoa!!!! Temporary citizenship? Does that come with a temporary US passport? The right to vote? It's a two year temporary amnesty - hardly citizenship.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:57 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
They weren't 30 when they came here. Your logic = fail.
Not the Americans people fault. Your reply fails

Quote:
Again, that does nothing to solve the issue at hand.
Why not?

Quote:
Except that none of the child abuse laws are even remotely applicable to this situation, the whole statute of limitations thing, and that it does NOTHING to help the children of the illegals.
It is child abuse.
They are also trafficking a minor across international borders.

Sending the parents back does help. They can take the children back the same way they came.

What does permitting them to stay do? Allow Parents to endanger more minors.

If minors were a real concern they would investigate child endangerment not permit it.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Whoa!!!! Temporary citizenship? Does that come with a temporary US passport? The right to vote? It's a two year temporary amnesty - hardly citizenship.
We already covered that part.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:05 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
not for nothing, but all of those above posts have absolutely zero to do with the specific topic and deal more with immigration at large

not to mention the awful & misleading title of this thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:21 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:

Do you live in Arizona?

Why should taxpayers be footing the bill for people here illegally? When your parents moved you to Florida against your will did they expect the neighbors to feed you and put a roof over your head?

Obama has forced states to take on another burden that they can't afford. Unless you are opening your doors and taking these people into your home to care for them it is hypocritical for you to put someone else down for their beliefs. Brewer is doing what she has to do as a representative of her state. It's a refreshing change. Obama has invited 800,000 people to take a crack at competing for jobs here when citizens are out of work. It pushes wages down further. He's not representing the people of this country. He's doing something that will affect us all for decades just to get votes. Selfish!!!! Just like those that want to open our borders without taking people into their homes to care for them.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:26 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
not for nothing, but all of those above posts have absolutely zero to do with the specific topic and deal more with immigration at large

not to mention the awful & misleading title of this thread

I'm guessing that when Garcia said the state would once again stand against Brewer he forgot that she was reelected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration