Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:08 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
the only requirement for purchasing alcohol is to be 21. even an expired id can prove that.
Try it in Texas sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Try it in Texas sometime.
what does that have to do with age verification?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:15 PM

447 posts, read 798,311 times
Quote:
illegals are going to drive. do you want them licensed?

illegals are going to come to the united states. do you want them to be easily identified?

denying them licenses is going to do more harm than good.

not enforcing the immigration laws are going to do more harm than good...and by giving them drivers licenses, it gives then the idea that they are doing nothing wrong.
the states that issue drivers licenses to illegals should be sanctioned by taking away any aide for them , or their residents.....lets see how fast those states change their mind when their federal money is cut off.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
not enforcing the immigration laws are going to do more harm than good...and by giving them drivers licenses, it gives then the idea that they are doing nothing wrong.
im sure they are aware of their illegal status. but they are going to drive regardless. would you rather have them driving licensed or unlicensed?

Quote:
the states that issue drivers licenses to illegals should be sanctioned by taking away any aide for them , or their residents.....lets see how fast those states change their mind when their federal money is cut off.
then the states should stop paying federal taxes.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
this is ridiculous. the man is over 21 and he proved it. whats the problem?

maloof, a major alcohol supplier in town issues liqour stores a book showing every states, plus purto rico and canda's drivers licenses, yet does not show a mexican id. how are we as servers to know whether these id's are fake, or real if the info is not provided to us?
we do know what a new mexico drivers license looks like....so that is what the clerk went by in determining his age......but.....if the info was based soley on the mexican id, alcohol would never have been sold....because of the expiration of the card....
in new mexico, you can be 100 years old, and still be refused service because you have no valid id...valid meaning not expired.
you must have a valid id to be served alcohol...age does not matter.....may be ridiculous, but its the law.
the new mexico drivers license was issued before the mans mexican id was expired, but i think that once the mexican visa expired, the new mexico drivers license should have been suspended.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
does an expired id mean the birth date on the card is not valid?

it means the card is mute.
doesnt matter if it was issued by a government agaency or not...it is expired....you cannot use this for age verification.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
it means the card is mute.
doesnt matter if it was issued by a government agaency or not...it is expired....you cannot use this for age verification.
how so? it was valid at one time, meaning the information on it was correct at that point in time. you can change your name, height, weight, address, need for corrective lenses, etc., but you can not change your birthday.

again, it is proof of age, regardless of the red tape.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
the only requirement for purchasing alcohol is to be 21. even an expired id can prove that.
OK, well the next time you go to an airport why don't you try to board a plane with an expired ID? Or hand a police officer an expired driver's license when he pulls you over and explain to him that it is just as good as an unexpired driver's license.
This is nonsense. If you do not understand that an expired ID is not considered a valid form of identification, there is not much anyone here can do to help you.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:

attend any new mexico, (or several other state alcohol servers class,) and learn....my husband was almost killed by a drunk driver , in 1996 here in new mexico, the man turned out to be an illegal alien(another subject all together) ...dwi is a very major problem. and some states are declaring war on the drunk driving issue.
in new mexico the dwi death rate has fallen(in 1996 we were fifth in overall dwi death rates) due to stricter laws imposed on the server not just anyone can sell, or serve alcohol... though, the laws have not been getting harder on the drunk driver, in new mexico you can have three dwis before it is considered a felony.
the drunk who chooses to drink and drive is treated with kid gloves. and in our situation,the illegal alien drunk driver was given a slap on the wrist, and after three arrests since being in this country illegally,he was never deported once.
whats ridiculous, is the fact it happens more than you or i realize.
dwi involing illegal aliens has risen , along with other crimes...having a drivers license does not ensure a safe driver.
too bad more states arent imposing stricter laws on ilegal immigration, or illegal immigrants drinking and driving.

and i still stand on my support for fred.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
Quote:
Maybe you can, but it isn't the law. And who ever sells it to you, is taking a big chance of losing their job, going to jail, and being fined by not one but perhaps several agencies, not to mention, if who ever they sell to is under age and cause an accident, there might be even more charges. I couldn't even pick up my Amtrac ticket aboard the train when I madee a trip to California recently, I HAD to show a valid, (unexpired with a picture of myself) drivers license to get my ticket. Some stations do not have ticket sales. I even have to show a Valid Drivers license to buy a bottle of alcohol and I am a wrikled grey headed lady going on 67 years of age.

I would certianly have my doubts about selling to anyone who had more than one drivers license on his/her person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration