Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He was here illegally --- for some reason she didn't choose to sponsor him legally earlier like when she married him. No illegal should just get some free pass just because they're here illegally and think the laws don't apply to them.
Somebody really doesn't understand the process of sponsoring of an immigrant spouse...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 10:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Somebody really doesn't understand the process of sponsoring of an immigrant spouse...
Apparently your pal Emily is one of those who didn't understand the process of sponsoring spouses legally. Now maybe they can get their act together and after 10 years do things the right way.

Spousal sponsorship is an extremely easy way for someone to come here legally --- they just never bothered with the legal process -- but now apparently they are. And she still gets a huge American kind of salary while she bad mouths Americans and pretends that she believes people in Mexico are friendlier and somehow better.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:03 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
He was here illegally --- for some reason she didn't choose to sponsor him legally earlier like when she married him. No illegal should just get some free pass just because they're here illegally and think the laws don't apply to them.
You know what, I can understand enforcing the border, taking away entitlements and deportations of jailed criminals. But impacting and sometimes destroying families like this 10year ban due to legal status is just unnecessarily heartless and ruthless.

Sometimes a police officer hands out a warning instead of a ticket, that logic should have been applied here.

but Emily says it best:
Quote:
I understand that there are consequences for the mistake that my husband made in coming to this country, but what mistake have I made? We don't have the luxury of choosing who we love in our lives. Why should I, and my family, have to suffer in exile, practically falling apart at the seams at times, because of the broken legal system in the United States? I understand that these bars were put in place to deter people from immigrating illegally, but the bars didn't work. They still don't work. The only thing they have been successful in doing is separating thousands of American families, just like mine. I am a proud American and feel betrayed by the idea of having to raise my children in a foreign land. I want them to be raised in the United States, with all of the opportunities and rights that they are entitled to as US Citizens.
http://bringthecruzfamilyhome.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Mach50; 08-17-2013 at 11:17 AM..

Old 08-17-2013, 11:15 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Apparently your pal Emily is one of those who didn't understand the process of sponsoring spouses legally. Now maybe they can get their act together and after 10 years do things the right way.

Spousal sponsorship is an extremely easy way for someone to come here legally --- they just never bothered with the legal process -- but now apparently they are...
This is where it gets interesting - where the rubber hits the road - is that you think you know the process better than thousands of people that have navigated it themselves. And that you will bluster and preen that storytelling here, glossing over any errors you make, and present it as reality. I just haven't quite figured out the angle of why you do so yet.

Quote:
...And she still gets a huge American kind of salary while she bad mouths Americans and pretends that she believes people in Mexico are friendlier and somehow better.
Another person that hasn't read through her blog at all, to represent her so falsely. Anyone can read to confirm how she actually is. When someone sees such a twist, maybe they need to think why that claim is being made.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You know what, I can understand enforcing the border, taking away entitlements and deportations of jailed criminals. But impacting and sometimes destroying families like this 10year ban due to legal status is just unnecessarily heartless and ruthless.

Sometimes a police officer hands out a warning instead of a ticket, that logic should have been applied here.

but Emily says it best:
Bring the Cruz Family Home
How is it heartless? Did you read Emily's blog? She's living a pretty good life in Juarez, she claims the people there are much friendlier than Americans, she's learning all about how Americans live to work and Mexicans work to live --- which she apparently believes makes them a better people.

Life in Mexico is really not the hell hole you pro-illegals try to claim it is, especially those who can easily straddle the border and the US citizen spouse can still have a very high wage job and all the comforts of home.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
This is where it gets interesting - where the rubber hits the road - is that you think you know the process better than thousands of people that have navigated it themselves. And that you will bluster and preen that storytelling here, glossing over any errors you make, and present it as reality. I just haven't quite figured out the angle of why you do so yet.

Another person that hasn't read through her blog at all, to represent her so falsely. Anyone can read to confirm how she actually is. When someone sees such a twist, maybe they need to think why that claim is being made.
I read some of it -- including the vulgar language she seems to prefer.

Seriously I don't see the problem in expecting these people to start getting with the program and abiding by US laws. No one forced her to marry an illegal and both he and she could have checked out the immigration laws before they married and probably could have done it the right way from the start.

I think he was under the mistaken belief that he could be here illegally and under deportation orders and just look around and find a green card spouse and end up staying. They still get to come back and I suspect they will be back because all her talk about how great the people are over there is just bluster.

Actually I would much prefer living in the interior -- somewhere like Guadalajara or Guanajuato. If the violence of Juarez is an issue, it doesn't have to be, no one says it's the only city in Mexico. The crime rate in other cities is actually quite low.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
How is it heartless? Did you read Emily's blog? She's living a pretty good life in Juarez, she claims the people there are much friendlier than Americans, she's learning all about how Americans live to work and Mexicans work to live --- which she apparently believes makes them a better people.

Life in Mexico is really not the hell hole you pro-illegals try to claim it is, especially those who can easily straddle the border and the US citizen spouse can still have a very high wage job and all the comforts of home.
DID YOU READ IT?

Quote:
I was able to find work in El Paso, Texas but this resulted in us having to move to Ciudad Juarez, one of the most violent cities in the world. It took less than 2 weeks (13 days to be exact) before I saw a dead body for the first time in my life. I can't even begin to account for all of the horrible things I have experienced since moving to Mexico. They are certainly things that I never would have been subjected to, had there not been such a need for immigration reform in the US.
Sounds like Kansas to me.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
DID YOU READ IT?

What drama. I work with people who live in Juarez and commute over the border every day, they never saw a dead body. Juarez is a huge city of 2 million people -- if 4 people are killed in one day, it can be on the opposite side of town far from where they actually happen to be.

And seriously -- you really think they just leave the dead bodies laying around? They don't, they pick them up and take them to their morgues -- just like in the USA. You can be in Chicago or Detroit or Los Angeles and see the same thing.

Besides -- if they don't like it there, they could move to Guananjuato or Puebla where violence is nil.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:41 AM

Anyhow Emily can't seem to keep her stories straight -- this is what she told NPR:

"I want everyone to know what it's like to live in Juárez. I would have never thought to come here before. But now that I'm on the border, I love these cities. The people of Juárez have opened their arms to me and are so warm. It's so different from anywhere else that I have lived," Cruz said.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:

Seeing a dead body is not some excuse to be exempted from the laws and orderly immigration process. Again -- they choose to live in Juarez, it's not the only city in Mexico. I've been all over Mexico and never once saw dead bodies laying around.

Kansas City, Mo., police find body of dead man in sewer

Police found a dead utility worker Monday in a sewer on the south part of Kansas City, Mo.

Body found along 210 Hwy 210 at Searcy Creek Parkway

Police confirm to KSHB that the person hit was not missing jogger Chad Rogers. It is unclear what caused the death, but police say the body had been there at least a couple days and was that of a white male.

Baby found dead in back of KC garbage truck | Local News - KMBC Home

Police said they're awaiting an autopsy on the body of an infant that was found dead in the back of a garbage truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration