Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2007, 04:38 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Who wouldn't want to make more money? Unless your Bill Gates of course who admitted he didn't like being the richest man in the world.
Not the point -

FACT: Not everyone wants to get a college degree.

FACT: There will always be High School Dropouts

There will always be those who will be happy being a ditch digger. Or a maid. Or a fisherman

Thems are the facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 04:40 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not the point -

FACT: Not everyone wants to get a college degree.

FACT: There will always be High School Dropouts

Thems are the facts

From that statement I can automatically assume your one of those people that didn't want to get a college degree. Guess what, my dad didn't get a college degree. Oh how he regrets it. But fact is, he had to support me and my mom and gave up going to college at night. He couldn't manage a job and going to college at the same time. So guess who's complaining about illegal immigration for the most part? the people that didn't want to get a college degree. I'm pretty damn sure they want to make more money, but don't want to go to school for it. what does that say?

Old 12-06-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
From that statement I can automatically assume your one of those people that didn't want to get a college degree. Guess what, my dad didn't get a college degree. Oh how he regrets it. But fact is, he had to support me and my mom and gave up going to college at night. He couldn't manage a job and going to college at the same time. So guess who's complaining about illegal immigration for the most part? the people that didn't want to get a college degree. I'm pretty damn sure they want to make more money, but don't want to go to school for it. what does that say?
To the contrary - I have two graduate degrees

But, the fact is, many Americans do not desire a college degree.

FACT

Old 12-06-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
To the contrary - I have two graduate degrees

But, the fact is, many Americans do not desire a college degree.

FACT
Then they have no reason to complain about them getting their jobs stolen. Its a dog eat world out there, I'm pretty sure your aware of that as you are an adult. Although, unemployment rates have remained stagnant over the years.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Then they have no reason to complain about them getting their jobs stolen. Its a dog eat world out there, I'm pretty sure your aware of that as you are an adult. Although, unemployment rates have remained stagnant over the years.
Unemployment rates are the lowest in decades. We are at a statistical full employment rate

Again, the illegals can leave and any jobs they may be doing will be filled - right away by legal residents and/or citizens

And the above is a proven fact

Old 12-06-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Unemployment rates are the lowest in decades. We are at a statistical full employment rate

Again, the illegals can leave and any jobs they may be doing will be filled - right away by legal residents and/or citizens

Whats your source on unemployment being at all time lows?

Old 12-06-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:

Oh yea, just like Americans are desperate to fill in those jobs picking fruits

Old 12-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Oh yea, just like Americans are desperate to fill in those jobs picking fruits
First - Why only "Americans" filling the jobs? Why not legal residents of the United States - while not Americans, they can, and do fill, many need employment positions - including farming. I know a flower farm in Carlsbad, CA. Wonderful farm - right off the I-5 and Carlsbad Village Drive if you ever get a chance. Many Hispanics and many Angelos work there. Guess what - some are Citizens - most are LEGAL RESIDENTS -

And, why limit this to only farming / ag type jobs. How about the service type jobs - a couple of months ago, ICE did a raid on a couple of McDonalds in Reno, NV (I know you never read about it though ) Some 50 illegals were detained and deported. Know how long it took to fill those jobs? One day. And, they were all filled by LEGAL RESIDENTS AND CITIZENS.

There are no jobs that legal residents and or citizens will not do - NONE

Old 12-06-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
First - Why only "Americans" filling the jobs? Why not legal residents of the United States - while not Americans, they can, and do fill, many need employment positions - including farming. I know a flower farm in Carlsbad, CA. Wonderful farm - right off the I-5 and Carlsbad Village Drive if you ever get a chance. Many Hispanics and many Angelos work there. Guess what - some are Citizens - most are LEGAL RESIDENTS -

And, why limit this to only farming / ag type jobs. How about the service type jobs - a couple of months ago, ICE did a raid on a couple of McDonalds in Reno, NV (I know you never read about it though ) Some 50 illegals were detained and deported. Know how long it took to fill those jobs? One day. And, they were all filled by LEGAL RESIDENTS AND CITIZENS.

There are no jobs that legal residents and or citizens will not do - NONE
Then why are Americans so desperate in filling in jobs like picking fruit?

Old 12-06-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Then why are Americans so desperate in filling in jobs like picking fruit?
Again, you are hung up on one word - "AMERICAN"???

And, who said anything about being "desperate"? I certainly did not

There are many LEGAL RESIDENTS are from Mexico and came, often under a sponsorship, and these individuals often, but not in all cases, are working in the fields.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration