Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:39 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

Yes, especially after mexico has jailed a former US Marine because he accidentally wandered into Mexico and told them he wanted to return to the US. We allow 30 million of their citizens to be here illegally and get jobs, education, welfare, health care and their thanks is to take a US hero and jail him and hold him hostage until someone pays a bribe....disgraceful Mexico DISGRACEFUL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Should all un documented illegals be deported?
Actually, it is much cheaper to deport them, then to allow them to stay, and give them benefits that include free health care, also consider many of these people need considerable health care, many come because they are disabled and know they can be subsidized in our country, subsidized housing, SNAP/EBT cards for free food, give them WIC benefits to take care of their infants (anchor babies), pay to educate their kids, provide free interpreters because they don't speak English, pay the prisons to incarcerate them when they can't adapt to a capitalist society and break the law, pay for unemployment benefits because there are too many people, and not enough jobs. Consider the strain on available housing. They fill our streets with even more cars, exacerbating already congested roadways, and pollute our air, have them exacerbate the landfills with their waste.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, especially after mexico has jailed a former US Marine because he accidentally wandered into Mexico and told them he wanted to return to the US. We allow 30 million of their citizens to be here illegally and get jobs, education, welfare, health care and their thanks is to take a US hero and jail him and hold him hostage until someone pays a bribe....disgraceful Mexico DISGRACEFUL!!
Agreed and Mexico needs to suck it up WHEN the US starts getting serious about catching and deporting ANY illegal alien found since MOST illegals are "Mexicans".

Old 06-25-2014, 06:36 PM

6,822 posts, read 14,036,923 times
I have to come to the conclusion that we need a permanent solution of illegal immigration. What I want to happen and what is feasible are two different things. First all anyone who thinks 30 million people are going back across the border is crazy. That's like sending every citizen from the state Texas (26 million) and Oklahoma (4 million) to Mexico. Anyone who thinks this is possible is simply not a rational thinking person. Anyone who thinks we can totally seal the borders are also crazy. We are talking about thousand of miles of open desert that would have to be manned 24 hours a day. Building a fence would be a waste of money. Despite what many think the main reason illegals come here is to work low paying jobs. This is the very first issue that must be dealt with. You must cut off the jobs to stop additional illegals from crossing the border. E-verify and prosecution of employers hiring illegals would be most efficient action we could take. Cutoff the job and you cutoff future invasion. Now the question becomes what do you do with those illegals that are already here. Those born here and given citizenship are citizens. You are not going to change this fact. If they leave it will be by choice not by law. Now you have the adults and the children who were not born here to deal with. Some illegals are going to get amnesty period. I know many are going to say no amnesty for law breakers but this is what you get when you leave your borders open for 50+ years. Which ones stay and which ones go is the only question that needs to be answered. All illegals who have been convicted of a felony need to be the first that go. They have zero options. We then need to come up with a cutoff number. Let's just use 10 million as the figure. We could say that all illegals who have been here for 15+ years with no felony convictions and pay a 5k fine can stay. All others will have go and apply of citizenship thru normal channels. With no work or govt assistance available the majority will go back home. Those who still say will be deported when found and have no chance of receiving citizenship.

It has come time for a permanent solution for a longterm problem. No more temporary/short term patch jobs. Reagan's amnesty program would have been fine if we would enforced the current laws. We did not and now we find ourselves facing the same issue. We need permanent solutions. Building a fence is not going to work. We don't have the jail space, manpower or money to deport 30 million people. If we imprison every American who hires illegals we had better start to build larger prisons and accept all of that loss income that will be a result. Wishes don't equal reality and the longer we wait the worse the problem will get. We have failed as a nation to address this issue and anyone who thinks we cure decades of failure with radical solutions are not rational thinkers. 30 millions is just a estimate and it would not surprise me a bit that the number is much larger than that. At some point we need to accept a certain level of defeat and move forward.

Reggie

Old 06-25-2014, 07:14 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Disagree. If there are no jobs or benefits for illegals to remain here or to come here what reason would they have to do so?

How many do you think committed felony ID theft to work? Just because many haven't been convicted of it yet are you suggesting that they be given a pass?

How does giving any of them amnesty solve the illegal immigration problem? Do you actually think that the lunk heads in congress will secure the border just like they didn't in 1986? I'm not that gullible and we don't need these millions here continuing to compete for jobs and resources that Americans need. Since when does this country ever accept defeat? No thanks I didn't fight for this country to be defeated by a bunch of illegal invaders into our country.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Disagree. If there are no jobs or benefits for illegals to remain here or to come here what reason would they have to do so?

How many do you think committed felony ID theft to work? Just because many haven't been convicted of it yet are you suggesting that they be given a pass?

How does giving any of them amnesty solve the illegal immigration problem? Do you actually think that the lunk heads in congress will secure the border just like they didn't in 1986? I'm not that gullible and we don't need these millions here continuing to compete for jobs and resources that Americans need. Since when does this country ever accept defeat? No thanks I didn't fight for this country to be defeated by a bunch of illegal invaders into our country.

So you think we are going to deport the populations of Texas and Oklahoma combined. Really tell me how that is going to occur. Do you think that amount of people are going to self deport. I would be interested in your specific plan to make this work.

Reggie

Old 06-25-2014, 08:23 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
So you think we are going to deport the populations of Texas and Oklahoma combined. Really tell me how that is going to occur. Do you think that amount of people are going to self deport. I would be interested in your specific plan to make this work.

Reggie
Nope, not involuntarily. They will self-deport with no jobs or benefits to survive on. You tell me why they would remain then? How would they survive? It's already been repeated ad nauseum in here over and over that e-verify will remove the job incentives and denying any benefits to them also. Birthright citizenship for their kids needs to be denied also by re-visiting the writer's true intent of the 14th Amendment.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:46 PM

So 30 million will self deport to a country that they know has zero opportunities for them. I willing to bet my house that they would take there chances in America before returning to Mexico and take their chances. The opportunities in Mexico would be the same as those in the US even with E-verify. I think you need to wrap your mind around just how large 30 million people really is. If it's going to be all or nothing I am convinced we will get the latter.

Reggie

Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
So 30 million will self deport to a country that they know has zero opportunities for them. I willing to bet my house that they would take there chances in America before returning to Mexico and take their chances. The opportunities in Mexico would be the same as those in the US even with E-verify. I think you need to wrap your mind around just how large 30 million people really is. If it's going to be all or nothing I am convinced we will get the latter.

Reggie

Sure, there will be some who will refuse to leave---that's inevitable. However, using E-verify to run everybody in the work force through it, will free up those 8 million jobs currently held by those with no-match SSNs. Even better---arrest those who engaged in ID theft and send them to jail. Once illegals figure out that they won't find work so easily, they will leave on their own accord.

Would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or tap into unemployment? In fact, when AL, AZ and GA got tough on illegals, many left for sanctuary jurisdictions.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Sure, there will be some who will refuse to leave---that's inevitable. However, using E-verify to run everybody in the work force through it, will free up those 8 million jobs currently held by those with no-match SSNs. Even better---arrest those who engaged in ID theft and send them to jail. Once illegals figure out that they won't find work so easily, they will leave on their own accord.

Would you stay someplace if you couldn't find work or tap into unemployment? In fact, when AL, AZ and GA got tough on illegals, many left for sanctuary jurisdictions.

If I could not find work I would go to place were I could. How many jobs you think are in Mexico. Their economy is worse than ours. Those folks you think are going to self deport would rather take their chances here than in Mexico. We have about 2.2 million people in jail or prison. Even if we take half of the 8 million number you provided we would need triple the amount of prison space we currently have to to house these illegals. Your giving a simplistic answer to a complicated problem.

Reggie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration