Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we let them stay because they are from a living hell?
Yes, they are refugees! 2 1.82%
In most cases, yes... 6 5.45%
NO! There are kids living in hellish conditions all over the world 102 92.73%
I don't know 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times

Advertisements

No shortage of government employees. Just a shortage of work ethic among government employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 01:50 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,248,190 times
But if they had to get in line A at the border, and then line B, the lack of work ethic would keep them out, by keeping them waiting in line.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
But if they had to get in line A at the border, and then line B, the lack of work ethic would keep them out, by keeping them waiting in line.
Have you ever gone through customs at JFK? LOL For every person working you have a few standing around talking.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:58 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
It would be a bit tight for me to take on new family members but if you are in real need we can make room in the basement, i'd also have no problems having my taxes raised to help out the less fortunate or those in need through social programs.
Why wouldn't you be living in the basement. Or for that matter just give them your house and you sleep outside. Because that is what our government is doing with our own homeless citizens. They are sleeping outside and illegal aliens are getting carte blanche treatment.

I don't normally agree on most things with Rev. Jessie Jackson, but where is the "emergency" 4 Billion for Chicago, or Detroit or LA or anywhere else in America where we have homeless and disenfranchised legal CITIZENS.

Also what tax bracket are you in. Because I have a feeling you are either very wealthy or hardly pay at all, because those not in the one percent but not below 150K are paying "ENOUGH".

Old 07-10-2014, 03:09 PM

22,460 posts, read 11,981,552 times
pollyrobin---Jambo101 lives in Montreal.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
pollyrobin---Jambo101 lives in Montreal.
A funny story, I flew to visit a French boyfriend in Canada once.
I went through customs and they asked me how long I was going to stay.
I said, "I dunno, maybe a month, maybe two, not sure, we might even get married."
Next thing I know, I was in immigration jail. It was kind of like
a Red Roof Inn with bars. They even took my Bain de Soleil and Noxema and they were in French

Needless to say, when my boyfriend came and got me, he told them it was a misunderstanding; we were never getting married. News to me

But, I survived Il y a de plus français des escargots dans la mer

Old 07-10-2014, 08:09 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,463,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That ALSO scares me that they might get so comfortable with their families that they just end up living on the lam and not show up to their hearings. the gov't has already proved inept in dealing with even those who commit the least crimes.
Don't be scared.

KNOW that THEY DON'T SHOW UP.

Our laws are meaningless - and they know it.

Court date!!!!!...

They're laughing all the way to the food pantry - and the welfare office when their anchor babies are born - and the ERs whenever the mood strikes. Plus, while they are in this legal status limbo - while we determine if they are entitled to asylum which takes YEARS - they get all kinds of freebies, including food stamps and medical care FOR YEARS, because they are not yet classified as illegals.

Am I eligible if I am a legal immigrant? - MassLegalHelp

Plus, our laws REQUIRE we educate these illegals. Taxpaying citizens of the US are required to pay to provide schools, employ teachers, law enforcement, etc. - all to service this uninvited population.

These people have nothing to be afraid of. Nothing at all. Any way of life here is better than what they left

- and they'll be dragging the entire country down with them.

We are already 17th in the world in terms of scholastic achievement - well on our way to winning the race to the bottom. This invasion from the third world is just what we need to get there even sooner.

Unfettered multiculturalism creates anarchy, as certain European countries have learned - and we are now seeing, first-hand, the seeds of anarchy (and bankruptcy) grow exponentially every day.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Don't be scared.

KNOW that THEY DON'T SHOW UP.

Our laws are meaningless - and they know it.

Court date!!!!!...

They're laughing all the way to the food pantry - and the welfare office when their anchor babies are born - and the ERs whenever the mood strikes. Plus, while they are in this legal status limbo - while we determine if they are entitled to asylum which takes YEARS - they get all kinds of freebies, including food stamps and medical care FOR YEARS, because they are not yet classified as illegals.

Am I eligible if I am a legal immigrant? - MassLegalHelp

Plus, our laws REQUIRE we educate these illegals. Taxpaying citizens of the US are required to pay to provide schools, employ teachers, law enforcement, etc. - all to service this uninvited population.

These people have nothing to be afraid of. Nothing at all. Any way of life here is better than what they left

- and they'll be dragging the entire country down with them.

We are already 17th in the world in terms of scholastic achievement - well on our way to winning the race to the bottom. This invasion from the third world is just what we need to get there even sooner.

Unfettered multiculturalism creates anarchy, as certain European countries have learned - and we are now seeing, first-hand, the seeds of anarchy (and bankruptcy) grow exponentially every day.
Agreed and word is Europe now starting to have a big "attitude" AGAINST illegal aliens and even many Muslims who are "legal". IMHO that'll be coming to the US even more than it is in 2014.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:53 AM

671 posts, read 690,246 times
All GREAT, informative, thought-provoking posts. will try to rep most of you...

The bottom line, is that it's scaring the h*ll out of me, and for my kids (and future grandkids, etc.)

The question still is, what do WE CITIZENS do about it????

-Dandi

Old 07-11-2014, 10:02 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
All GREAT, informative, thought-provoking posts. will try to rep most of you...

The bottom line, is that it's scaring the h*ll out of me, and for my kids (and future grandkids, etc.)

The question still is, what do WE CITIZENS do about it????

-Dandi
There is an election in the fall.

And 2016.

Today....make phone calls and write letters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration