Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:27 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
That is the answer. Don't build a bigger fence, turn off the magnet. While they are at it, start enforcing the law against hiring illegals. But allow temporary work permits for farm laborers, just make the employers pay decent wages.
We already have unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 04:53 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
This is rally a good chart on e- verify and state legislation oening and passed

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...rify-laws.html

Some states seem better than others at protecting the rights of the citizens-- those might want to be states that you would want to live in and raise your families.

The states which are hostile to american workers are the usual suspects, with the usual leaders.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:12 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
This is rally a good chart on e- verify and state legislation oening and passed

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...rify-laws.html

Some states seem better than others at protecting the rights of the citizens-- those might want to be states that you would want to live in and raise your families.

The states which are hostile to american workers are the usual suspects, with the usual leaders.
Excellent info. Thanks!

Old 03-25-2015, 03:13 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What do you consider to be a practical compromise? Why should we compromise on the enforcement of our immigration laws anyway? A practical solution would be to remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and to continue to come here. Sorry, no compromise.
I was pretty much sold on Ted Cruz R, he's against amnesty, but, then he said "We need to improve and streamline our immigration policy." WTH? I went to his facebook page and told him ( not that I think it will do any good.)

Old 03-25-2015, 03:55 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
YES

No

Not that it's worth the trouble but if you go back and read my post I think it would be clear that I was paraphrasing the highlights of Obama EO amnesty order (but swapping amnesty with hate crimes - to make the point that law breaking should not be circumvented, ever). I'm sorry if that got past you. My expectations of your comprehension were obviously too high.

Well... when you linked BO's EO fanfare video as a sole, direct response to my call to leverage available resources to capture and prosecute illegals, I thought you were agreeing with BO's intentional directive to abandon his sworn duties and not to follow the law. Perhaps a poor inference on my part.

News flash: liberals don't agree 100% with Obama. Now, did Obama presented a good permanent solution? Probably not. But there is NO good solutions. There is only the least bad ones and I think a strong case can be made that what Obama is doing, while not good, may actually be the best of several crappy options.

Quote:

We agree on something.

Not if there's effective border patrol in place.

Effective border patrol.... is that even possible without bankrupting the nation? I think that's its own debate right there.

Quote:
Okay, as long as justice is applied equally and fairly, fine. So why not do the same with illegal immigrants? That EO fanfare video outlines a directive to do the complete opposite.
Politics is sometimes a dirty business....

Quote:
So now you're saying it's an analogy (which was as I had intended) when earlier you were implying I was putting words in you mouth. (and now you're putting words in mine).

Your two different responses to the same topic are both disjointed and misleading. Just as some might encourage me to 'check my privilege' now and again, i'd suggest you 'check your comprehension and response coherence'.

If (not all) but as many hate crimers are prosecuted equally and fairly that allocated resources can handle, some will be made an example of. If applied equally, all creeds and colors would be cognizant of the consequences of engaging in said criminal activity. While it's unlikely that they'd self-imprison (that's not my intention) with deterrence in place, those that haven't yet committed a the crime might refrain from committing in the first place.

The thing with illegal immigrants is that the very nature of their being in this country is a violation of federal law and every breath they take, every job they take, every 'now serving' ticket at the ER they take, every wife and child assaulted, DWI homocide, gang related murder, stolen car, every outstanding warrant, every court appearance, every incarceration and every state and federally funded public school student THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE are a contributing detriment to our society and fiscal solvency.

It's obvious that not all illegal immigrants do these things just as not all American citizen do these things.

The point is that the current administration is tolerant of all of these detriments, enough so that it is their intention to circumvent rather that follow the law.

We ALL agree that they shouldn't be here. The difference in liberals vs conservatives is what to do about it. The thing is, mass deportation and self deportation don't work. The only permanent solution is for Mexico to become economically prosperous and lift its people out of extreme poverty. Anything else is not a good solution.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I was pretty much sold on Ted Cruz R, he's against amnesty, but, then he said "We need to improve and streamline our immigration policy." WTH? I went to his facebook page and told him ( not that I think it will do any good.)
He needs to explain what he means by "streamline" then. If it has anything to do with illegal aliens or allowing them to come legally when we don't need them then he is just double talking like so many that claim they aren't for amnesty have been doing.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:17 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,610 times
NO president is going to enforce the laws, as long as the corporations who finance the president say they want cheap labor in the USA, and therefore they want illegals to continue being hired in our country.

If they wanted to stop illegals they could crack down on American businesses who hire them. But they don't

Old 03-31-2015, 11:57 AM

491 posts, read 324,733 times
Selective immigration was the making of America - we'd get ambitious people the world over making their way here to keep the creative juices going. We selected for educational attainment and indeed to an extent for cultural commonality.

Now it is a joke. An ocean of migrants - legal and illegal - flooding the country and ruining everything.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:39 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,850,179 times
So Which Presidential Candidate Will Enforce Illegal Immigration Laws?

None will.

The Democrats will not because they need the support/votes from the groups that "pep-rally" for the illegals.

The Republicans pretend that they want illegal immigration stopped by flexing their muscles to pacify their voters but the GOP won't dare do anything about it. Both Bushes were president for 12 years. What did they do to stop illegals? Nothing. They didn't enforce the hiring laws. Where are the walls that the GOP want now? It's all a bunch of lies that they want illegal immigration stopped. They don't want to alienate a whole bunch of people. They're in a pickle.

-Cheers.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
So Which Presidential Candidate Will Enforce Illegal Immigration Laws?

None will.

The Democrats will not because they need the support/votes from the groups that "pep-rally" for the illegals.

The Republicans pretend that they want illegal immigration stopped by flexing their muscles to pacify their voters but the GOP won't dare do anything about it. Both Bushes were president for 12 years. What did they do to stop illegals? Nothing. They didn't enforce the hiring laws. Where are the walls that the GOP want now? It's all a bunch of lies that they want illegal immigration stopped. They don't want to alienate a whole bunch of people. They're in a pickle.

-Cheers.
It's a sad time in America that any politicians on either side of the aisle are willing to thumb their noses at our immigration laws for votes from a minority group of Americans. Those in the GOP that are willing to do that (thank God at least they are the minority in that party) must be insane to put cheap, illegal labor above their survival as a party. Are they too stupid to realize that down the line if these illegal aliens become citizens they will vote Democrat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration