Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You see, whenever anyone says we need to 'fix the problem in a very fair compassionate way' that is code for 'give everyone amnesty and let them stay'. It fools no one. The amnesty fiasco of 1986 not only failed to solve the problem, it made things much worse. We now have at least three times as many illegal aliens here. If amnesty failed before, what on earth is there to make anyone think it is going to work this time?
No it doesn't mean amnesty, it just means fixing the problems from within, without calling out a particular race, ethnicity, religion etc...
We wouldn't behave that way at work, why can we behave this way in national policy?

Old 01-30-2008, 02:04 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
No it doesn't mean amnesty, it just means fixing the problems from within, without calling out a particular race, ethnicity, religion etc...
We wouldn't behave that way at work, why can we behave this way in national policy?
What exactly does your 'fixing the problem from within' involve?

Old 01-30-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What exactly does your 'fixing the problem from within' involve?
Am I running for President? No.

It can definitely be done more tactfully than what has been done thus far.
Nevermind tact right? I forget sometimes which crowd I am talking to, if you don't get what I am saying then it has been lost on you.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:07 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:

Nothing has been done thus far.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Nothing has been done thus far.
Nothing? Like no rage? No reaction singling out Mexicans? No culture bashing...

Listen I just answered the OP's question to the best of my ability, I don't need to further defend it.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:18 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Nothing? Like no rage? No reaction singling out Mexicans? No culture bashing...

Listen I just answered the OP's question to the best of my ability, I don't need to further defend it.
We were discussing legislation.

Remember writing this: Am I running for President?

Mexicans are singling themselves out. Don't blame us for that. Mexicans are bashing American culture...while illegally inside the US. I don't know about you (I sometimes forget which crowd I'm talking to), but to me, such behavior is enraging.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:

Nevermind tact right? I forget sometimes which crowd I am talking to, if you don't get what I am saying then it has been lost on you.
You said:
Quote:
Surely you must have some idea of what the solution you propose, ie 'fixing problems from within', involves. If you choose not to share them, that is your preogative.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
I concur; this should not be a racial issue. After all, we have illegal aliens from many countries and ethnicities. However, when the largest group of illegals (Mexicans) have the unmitigated gall to spit in our faces, and refuse to show a modicum of gratitude for the generosity of U.S. taxpayers; what on earth should one expect? Only a sicko masochist derives pleasure from being used and abused. Call is racism if you choose; but we have simply had enough.

Other illegals have not marched in our streets waving foreign flags while desecrating the U.S. flag. Nor do they have an arrogant sense of entitlement. Most are simply happy to be here, and maintain a low profile. Remember – the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

The illegal Mexicans have created this problem for themselves through their arrogance and total disdain for legal citizens of this country. The Mexican government exacerbates the problem with the incessant meddling in U.S. affairs, and the brazen demands. We owe Mexico and its citizenry absolutely nothing.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:32 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
I am against ALL illegals, regardless of race. The reason Mexicans are brought up so often is because of how they acted in the protests and because they are by far make up the majority of illegals in this country. If the illegals from Mexico were keeping below the radar and the Chinese were out inthe streets waving their flags and saying this country belongs to them then the situation would be different. I know that personally the Mexicans in my community are the ones who can't\won't speak English, stare at me like I'm the scum of the Earth when I drive by and blast Mariachi music every night at 3 in the morning. Not all of them, some are very nice people, but many of them, and I would go as far as to say the majority.That puts a bad taste in my mouth, sorry.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I am against ALL illegals, regardless of race. The reason Mexicans are brought up so often is because of how they acted in the protests and because they are by far make up the majority of illegals in this country. If the illegals from Mexico were keeping below the radar and the Chinese were out inthe streets waving their flags and saying this country belongs to them then the situation would be different. I know that personally the Mexicans in my community are the ones who can't\won't speak English, stare at me like I'm the scum of the Earth when I drive by and blast Mariachi music every night at 3 in the morning. Not all of them, some are very nice people, but many of them, and I would go as far as to say the majority.That puts a bad taste in my mouth, sorry.
Well see you have angst towards Mexicans now, you have responded to some of the racists with racism. So you see that is how this all became what it is now.

Again I don't care who started it, but you're not making it any less a racist topic by saying "the majority of mexicans are ___".

That is very offensive to me as a Mexican person, you see that is how it works. By saying "they started it by raising the flag" doesn't make your racist response any more justified, and IMO you elevated it by saying we are by majority this and that.

Didn't we learn that in Elementary School something about "2 wrongs"?

Last edited by Mach50; 01-30-2008 at 04:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration