Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:42 AM

22 posts, read 66,500 times

Advertisements

It's the U.S. Armies job to protect our borders, to shoot their enemies. The fact they haven't been doing this is why the U.S. is disintegrating into a third-world dump. They are letting us get invaded by Mexicans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hindus, terrorists and every other scum on the face of the earth. America the beautiful? Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 02:53 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The crisis began when the English felt that it was their right to own the land that the native Americans called their home, land that the native Americans had claimed by possession, land that previously belonged to noone. This land was taken from the native Americans unjustly.

It continued when a group of some of the most ignorant, barbaric, and backwards people in the history of mankind felt that it was entitled to invade the great African continent and force those people into slavery. Imagine a mindset that feels that it is justified by one set of human beings to feel that another set of human beings can only be slaves and not worthy of being classified as a whole man. Incredible lunacy here.

The civil war happened and one of the greatest blunders was for these United States to allow the confederate states to resume equal participation in this society with their backwards, vile, and race-obsessed existence. Politically, the minds that favored continued slavery and lived a vile existence should have collectively been given only 1/50th (or some small portion) of the vote. This means that all the confederate states would each individually combine their votes to equal 1/50th of the rest of the nation. It means that vote of those in Congress from these states would collectively count as 1/50th of a vote. That section of the country should've been treated as a third world country because the mindset to keep slavery reflected one as barbaric as that condemned now from the Taliban.

Fast forward to George W. Bush and the Neoconservatism movement. Suddenly, it was fashionable to be a redneck, fashionable to be a country hick from the backwoods, fashionable to be white trash, and fashionable to align oneself with the political party supported by the klan. It was called a "Contract with America." Support a foreign policy that promotes the killing of Arabs, invade sovereign nations unprovoked, send thousands of soldiers to their deaths by lying to go to war, try to force a Democracy on regions of the country that don't want it, unload bombs on defenseless poor countries then act like swaggering thugs, incorporate a military strategy from the dark ages whose only strategic maneuver is to fight an ideology with bigger guns and more and more and more and more and more troops. Domestically, it meant that States must fend for themselves too. Gang violence has skyrocketed. Teen rebellion has skyrocketed. Now there is body, face, tongue, eyelid piercing. The "gothic" look is in and death, blood, torture, and pain have their own youth movements. Looking like a thug is the fashion among young boys and young men. Looking like a **** is the rage among young women. No dignity. Intergity and class are gone among our youth. Britney Spears, that unattractive, no-talent has been made a star and has been harrassed as if she's worthy of the attention. She's pure white trash. TV problems flat out suck and define "low class." Gone are great actors like Gregory Peck, Marlon Brando, and Henry Fonda. Now, we have to put up with people like Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell.

No, America has always been fighting an incredible battle between an incredibly ignorant, divisive faction and one that is enlightened, inclusive, compassionate, and progressive. Maybe one day, it will get right.
Who first invaded Africa to buy slaves, was not America. Africans are still selling their own people to this very day, it needs to be stopped. English and Americans were not backwards, barbaric or ignorant 'in general' compared to the rest of the world. There has been slavery since the world began, it's even in the Bible. What's with calling people trash. Sounds like you think the Iraq war caused gangs in America...society has been unravelling here since the mid 60's due to a few rulings and other factors like family disentigration. Gangs were a part of this and also they were/are mostly Hispanic...from the illegal population. Britney Spears is not trash, do you call for brown and black trash? So ignorant, Britney Spears has bi-polar illness and addiction also which are both bio-chemical diseases, she is pretty but sick. I'd like to see you with these diseases, you'd change your tune quick.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
I'd say what I REALLY think of Alexus' post but I don't want to get banned from the forum.

Suffice it to say that it was one of the most misguided and ridiculous rants I've seen here in quite some time.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2
Look around, ....we've hit bottom, and it was 'conservatives' who led us there.
Here you have it, folks. I present the disconnect (one of many, actually) in the minds of liberal pro-illegals. Mind control is a facile task with bleeding-hearts. Invent a victim, pretend to help him, and the bleeding-hearts with come to your aid, not realizing they are aiding those they profess to despise.

For your information User, illegal immigration is a tool of corporatists. Those who benefit from a never-ending supply of labor are decidedly conservative. Repeat after me; "I agree with George Bush...I agree with George Bush." C'mon, you can do it.

*waits for head to explode, points camera*

Old 02-10-2008, 11:06 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Who first invaded Africa to buy slaves, was not America. Africans are still selling their own people to this very day, it needs to be stopped. English and Americans were not backwards, barbaric or ignorant 'in general' compared to the rest of the world. There has been slavery since the world began, it's even in the Bible. What's with calling people trash. Sounds like you think the Iraq war caused gangs in America...society has been unravelling here since the mid 60's due to a few rulings and other factors like family disentigration. Gangs were a part of this and also they were/are mostly Hispanic...from the illegal population. Britney Spears is not trash, do you call for brown and black trash? So ignorant, Britney Spears has bi-polar illness and addiction also which are both bio-chemical diseases, she is pretty but sick. I'd like to see you with these diseases, you'd change your tune quick.
Slavery went on over there long before America was even founded.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't know Britney Spears was bi-polar

Bi-Polar(aka, Manic Depression) is a chemical inbalance.

I lived with a women in Ca. for 22 years who was bi-polar. It's not the easiest thing in the world to handle.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:21 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
The crisis began when the English felt that it was their right to own the land that the native Americans called their home, land that the native Americans had claimed by possession, land that previously belonged to noone. This land was taken from the native Americans unjustly.

It continued when a group of some of the most ignorant, barbaric, and backwards people in the history of mankind felt that it was entitled to invade the great African continent and force those people into slavery. Imagine a mindset that feels that it is justified by one set of human beings to feel that another set of human beings can only be slaves and not worthy of being classified as a whole man. Incredible lunacy here.

The civil war happened and one of the greatest blunders was for these United States to allow the confederate states to resume equal participation in this society with their backwards, vile, and race-obsessed existence. Politically, the minds that favored continued slavery and lived a vile existence should have collectively been given only 1/50th (or some small portion) of the vote. This means that all the confederate states would each individually combine their votes to equal 1/50th of the rest of the nation. It means that vote of those in Congress from these states would collectively count as 1/50th of a vote. That section of the country should've been treated as a third world country because the mindset to keep slavery reflected one as barbaric as that condemned now from the Taliban.

Fast forward to George W. Bush and the Neoconservatism movement. Suddenly, it was fashionable to be a redneck, fashionable to be a country hick from the backwoods, fashionable to be white trash, and fashionable to align oneself with the political party supported by the klan. It was called a "Contract with America." Support a foreign policy that promotes the killing of Arabs, invade sovereign nations unprovoked, send thousands of soldiers to their deaths by lying to go to war, try to force a Democracy on regions of the country that don't want it, unload bombs on defenseless poor countries then act like swaggering thugs, incorporate a military strategy from the dark ages whose only strategic maneuver is to fight an ideology with bigger guns and more and more and more and more and more troops. Domestically, it meant that States must fend for themselves too. Gang violence has skyrocketed. Teen rebellion has skyrocketed. Now there is body, face, tongue, eyelid piercing. The "gothic" look is in and death, blood, torture, and pain have their own youth movements. Looking like a thug is the fashion among young boys and young men. Looking like a **** is the rage among young women. No dignity. Intergity and class are gone among our youth. Britney Spears, that unattractive, no-talent has been made a star and has been harrassed as if she's worthy of the attention. She's pure white trash. TV problems flat out suck and define "low class." Gone are great actors like Gregory Peck, Marlon Brando, and Henry Fonda. Now, we have to put up with people like Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell.

No, America has always been fighting an incredible battle between an incredibly ignorant, divisive faction and one that is enlightened, inclusive, compassionate, and progressive. Maybe one day, it will get right.
Actually in re-reading this post, ignorance is the enemy, not a particular region of the US. I apologize to people I have offended by condemning the entire southern region. It wasn't fair. I know many fine people from the South and some of my best friends are from that region of the country. My problem is with ignorance. I'm talking about the ignorance that thinks that every other country should behave as we do. It's ignorance that thinks that we can fight an ideology with guns and the killing of innocent lives rather than by diplomacy and self-evaluation. It is believed by many that our continuing support of Israel has sparked violence and this policy must be reviewed and changed in order to show more respect to Arabs. I personally feel that Arabs and those in the Muslim world should be treated with the utmost respect. They are human beings like we are. They don't like to see their close ones killed any more than we like ours killed. They view life, death, religion in a much different way than we do, but that does not make them wrong. This should be respected and honored because it is their way. If their people are not happy with how they are evolving then internally they must go about a process of change. But it is a complex issue. Assisting without controlling is a balance that a Bush has been unable to achieve.

Ignorance that makes a black person show utter disdain for academic endeavors or high academic achievement, preferring instead to embrace rap music, gang warfare, and irresponsibility. Ignorance that makes a white person discriminate against an overqualified job candidate because he is black, or even voting against Obama because he isn't white. Ignorance that makes an Asian vote for Clinton because she is white without knowing what she stands for, knowing anything about Obama, or anything about either of their backgrounds. Ignorance that makes a Mexican or hispanic look at every black person as someone to disrepect without the slightest clue what that person's background, education, or ideas are. Racial prejudice is ignorance.

It was ignorance that uprooted the native Americans, brought slaves to this country, promoted Jim Crow, and brought out Neo-conservatism. It is indeed ignorance that defines the Bush time in office. With his departure, and the arrival of Obama, there is hope that ignorance will take a back seat to dignity, integrity, class, and competence..at least in the White House.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:24 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Actually in re-reading this post, ignorance is the enemy, not a particular region of the US. I apologize to people I have offended by condemning the entire southern region. It wasn't fair. I know many fine people from the South and some of my best friends are from that region of the country. My problem is with ignorance. I'm talking about the ignorance that thinks that every other country should behave as we do. It's ignorance that thinks that we can fight an ideology with guns and the killing of innocent lives rather than by diplomacy and self-evaluation. It is believed by many that our continuing support of Israel has sparked violence and this policy must be reviewed and changed in order to show more respect to Arabs. I personally feel that Arabs and those in the Muslim world should be treated with the utmost respect. They are human beings like we are. They don't like to see their close ones killed any more than we like ours killed. They view life, death, religion in a much different way than we do, but that does not make them wrong. This should be respected and honored because it is their way. If their people are not happy with how they are evolving then internally they must go about a process of change. But it is a complex issue. Assisting without controlling is a balance that a Bush has been unable to achieve.

Ignorance that makes a black person show utter disdain for academic endeavors or high academic achievement, preferring instead to embrace rap music, gang warfare, and irresponsibility. Ignorance that makes a white person discriminate against an overqualified job candidate because he is black, or even voting against Obama because he isn't white. Ignorance that makes an Asian vote for Clinton because she is white without knowing what she stands for, knowing anything about Obama, or anything about either of their backgrounds. Ignorance that makes a Mexican or hispanic look at every black person as someone to disrepect without the slightest clue what that person's background, education, or ideas are. Racial prejudice is ignorance.

It was ignorance that uprooted the native Americans, brought slaves to this country, promoted Jim Crow, and brought out Neo-conservatism. It is indeed ignorance that defines the Bush time in office. With his departure, and the arrival of Obama, there is hope that ignorance will take a back seat to dignity, integrity, class, and competence..at least in the White House.
What on earth does this have to do with illegal immigration?

Obama is as much white as he is black.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:59 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What on earth does this have to do with illegal immigration?

Obama is as much white as he is black.
People seem not to get that.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
People seem not to get that.
I don't look at him as black or white, I see him as Pro-Illegal

Old 02-10-2008, 04:17 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I don't look at him as black or white, I see him as Pro-Illegal
I don't infer on peoples stance, I only label them if they label themselves. I see him as a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration