Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 08:42 AM

208 posts, read 412,241 times

Advertisements

To be specific, it wasn't minorities who started the downfall of the US. They were but a "tool". It was globalists politicians and transnationals and international banking istitutions as well as liberal radicals. Most of those were of course white.

However, the idea that all people are the same and "interchangeable" is a new concept dating back to the 60's. Our ancestors of all backgrounds knew people aren't "interchangeable." If human beings were all the same, the entire world would resemble one culture. And the entire world would happily live in one country with the same religion and the same types of disease issues. There was no "colonial" influence before Columbus arrived in North America, therefore shouldn't North America have resembled the amazing societies of Asia or Europe?

Being that people are't "interchangeable" those globalists knew the demographic transformations would eventually balkanize America.

You can't compete in a global economy with statistics like this:
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]Students in large cities are twice as likely to leave school before graduating than non-urban youth.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]More than one in four Hispanic youth drop out, and nearly half leave by the eighth grade.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]Hispanics are twice as likely as African Americans to drop out. White and Asian American students are least likely to drop out.[/SIZE][/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]More than half the students who drop out leave by the tenth grade, 20% quit by the eighth grade, and 3% drop out by the fourth grade.[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]Nearly 25% changed schools two or more times, with some changing for disciplinary reasons.[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]Almost 20% were held back a grade, and almost half failed a course.[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]Almost one-half missed at least 10 days of school, one-third cut class at least 10 [/SIZE][/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]times, and one-quarter were late at least 10 times.[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]8% spent time in a juvenile home or shelter.[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]One-third were put on in-school suspension, suspended, or put on probation, and more than 15% were either expelled or told they couldn't return.[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT][SIZE=2]12% of dropouts ran away from home.[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
  • [LEFT]In high school completion rates, the United States has now slipped to 10th place in the world. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Also ... how can you have a first world nation with statistics like this?

And every election cycle politicians pledge more money and more money and more money and the problems haven't gone away.

The NEA pushes an anti Western culture, mainstreams the idea that white America hamstrings minorities and pushes feel good classes for urban youth. In fact, in many sectors of the country they have legitmized the teaching of Ebonics. As well as solving math problems by "how you feel about it" rather than the hard fact of whether 1 and 1 makes 2.

So I ask you, where is the US education wise today compared to say 1955?[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
So I ask you, where is the US education wise today compared to say 1955?[/LEFT]
In the toilet...

Old 02-20-2008, 10:32 AM

407 posts, read 800,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
In the toilet...
And not likely to get better since they demand that the schools teach character and they don't spend enough time on the basics at all. Character should be taught at home and in the churches. Parents of this day seem to be a lazy lot.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:07 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
And not likely to get better since they demand that the schools teach character and they don't spend enough time on the basics at all. Character should be taught at home and in the churches. Parents of this day seem to be a lazy lot.
Hi Veiled Prophet!

I knew I recognized your posting style and attacks you have laid on me in other forums.

EarthMother1951 posts in immigration and Springfield-Branson (Missouri):
Ice!

Veiled Prophet (Not a Member) posts in immigration and Springfield-Branson(Missouri):
We found a place!!!!

Last edited by Mach50; 02-20-2008 at 11:17 AM..

Old 02-20-2008, 01:26 PM

407 posts, read 800,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Hi Veiled Prophet!

I knew I recognized your posting style and attacks you have laid on me in other forums.

EarthMother1951 posts in immigration and Springfield-Branson (Missouri):
Ice!

Veiled Prophet (Not a Member) posts in immigration and Springfield-Branson(Missouri):
We found a place!!!!
Don't know who you are talking about but it certainly is not me. I am sorry to burst your bubble.

I have made no attacks on you whatsoever.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:20 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
Well, who's running the schools, academia, and the media?
The wealthy...as always. Power comes from money.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:43 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein
So I ask you, where is the US education wise today compared to say 1955?

Your right Senator Palpatein, why don't we privatize the education system?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:59 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,406,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Perfect Post.

As for the ignorance comment, a lot of that is due to the media and advertising. Americans are fed stereotypes and generalizations on TV constantly. There is something wrong when the nations youth trusts TV, Video Games and Music more than reading a book or actually traveling somewhere.

For example many Americans think Mexico is full of wooden shacks and wild mobsters, many couldn't even point to Monterey on the map, which is a very advanced and robust city.

America needs more globalized youth IMO.
Thank you for the complement. I definitely don't deserve it!

I agree with you on the media. But again, it is understandable. The Beeb is much more international but part of the reason is because for a couple of generations the UK was running all around the globe playing "white man's burden." As a consequence, there is still a hang over of British interests around the globe, ex. the Commonwealth.

Your average American in Missouri historically, except in a few isolated situations, hasn't had to worry to much about anything outside the US. The population has been fairly homogeneous for awhile now (not necessarily racially but historically they aren't rubbing shoulders with Gambians). There is of course different situation on the coasts which is probably why people there seem to be much more receptive to internationalism.

One last point; having traveled extensively I can tell you that people around the globe can be just as ignorant about the US as we are about them. I remember the first time I went to Europe, I was living in Northern VA at the time and I had people asking why I wasn't married to my sister. A lot of people in France thought all Americans were fat and ate McDonalds for every meal. I meet some people in Hungary who thought that all Americans were rich and lived on huge estates.

Anyway, I guess my point is that we all could use a little more information about the world

Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM

132 posts, read 244,848 times
I can IMAGINE that my American friends here will go into instant denial and get all defensive BUT......
the daughter (in her thirties) of a very good friend of mine
recently returned from two years teaching in America.
Primary school - I think you lot might call it 'grade school' or 'junior school' or some such.
10 -12 year olds.

ANYWAY....... she reckons they are MILES behind their Australian counterparts in every area - literacy, numeracy, geography, history....whatever.
Now she wasn't being nasty about this.
The poor demented female was actually saying how wonderful she thought the USA is............ APART from this problem with education.
She was teaching in Carolina. Can't remember North, South or sideways.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Freda View Post
I can IMAGINE that my American friends here will go into instant denial and get all defensive BUT......
the daughter (in her thirties) of a very good friend of mine
recently returned from two years teaching in America.
Primary school - I think you lot might call it 'grade school' or 'junior school' or some such.
10 -12 year olds.

ANYWAY....... she reckons they are MILES behind their Australian counterparts in every area - literacy, numeracy, geography, history....whatever.
Now she wasn't being nasty about this.
The poor demented female was actually saying how wonderful she thought the USA is............ APART from this problem with education.
She was teaching in Carolina. Can't remember North, South or sideways.
I'd have to say that at least HALF the problems with education stem from the STUDENTS. If you want to learn badly enough, you'll do what is necessary to do so. Study, read books ON YOUR OWN, instead of just what is assigned. Be curious. Learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration