Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 09:29 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Maybe there is a better, more cost effective way to handle the problem of people who are here "illegally". I think everyone can agree that not all illegals are murderers, rapists, and drug dealers, some simply are family people, like the rest of us, and they just want a better life for themselves and their families.

Based on that premise, and the fact that our present system does not work very well, perhaps this plan would solve the problem, give them a path to citizenship, and still kick out the bad apples
They have the exact same path to citizenship as everyone else in the whole wide world: go back to their home country and apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 09:31 AM

1,225 posts, read 606,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Nope...We already have laws for people to become citizens...Close the boarder tight. Make the whole damn thing a free fire zone sooner or later they'll give up.....
You can’t close the border. They will just find other ways of doing it

Old 04-07-2018, 09:37 AM

62,960 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Why not let them serve four years military and give that one person , not the fAmily citizenship

I personally wouldn't want anyone in our country illegally to serve in our military or to gain our citizenship.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I personally wouldn't want anyone in our country illegally to serve in our military or to gain our citizenship.
They already do

Old 04-07-2018, 09:42 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
The problem with amnesties is that it encourages even more illegals to come in waiting for the next amnesty. I don't want to talk about legalizing any of the illegals until such point as the border is secured and no additional illegals are coming in.

I would add that a piece you left out is being self supporting. Why would we allow people who need food stamps, medicaid etc stay here? They are a drag on society.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Steps one through six; no amnesty. It just encourages more illegal immigrants.

I agree, and how do Americans get their jobs back if these illegal aliens are allowed to remain here? It also negates our sane annual quotas for legal immigration and increases our population growth unnaturally and unlawfully. It's also unfair to immigrants who came the legal way and rewards those who didn't. No amnesty, we've been down this road before and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. When does it stop?

Remove the job, birthright citizenship and benefit incentives and most won't try to come here anymore. The good walls have proven to be a deterrant also. Complete the 700 mile long wall along the most porous areas of our border already approved by congress back in 2006. They will be forced to try to enter at more difficult and dangerous areas and so fewer will try and fewer will succeed. The Border Patrol can handle those areas. There is no way that millions can fly in here or come by boat either. We could have illegal entry down to a trickle.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
The problem with amnesties is that it encourages even more illegals to come in waiting for the next amnesty. I don't want to talk about legalizing any of the illegals until such point as the border is secured and no additional illegals are coming in.

I would add that a piece you left out is being self supporting. Why would we allow people who need food stamps, medicaid etc stay here? They are a drag on society.
Unless it’s asylum or U visa/VAWA, that’s already a part of any permanent immigration as is

Old 04-07-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
They already do

Nope, illegal aliens are not allowed to join our military. Only the DACAs under Obama's EO were they allowed to and there is only about 900 of them that did. Obama defied military standards for enlistment.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree, and how do Americans get their jobs back if these illegal aliens are allowed to remain here? It also negates our sane annual quotas for legal immigration and increases our population growth unnaturally and unlawfully. It's also unfair to immigrants who came the legal way and rewards those who didn't. No amnesty, we've been down this road before and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. When does it stop?

Remove the job, birthright citizenship and benefit incentives and most won't try to come here anymore. The good walls have proven to be a deterrant also. Complete the 700 mile long wall along the most porous areas of our border already approved by congress back in 2006. They will be forced to try to enter at more difficult and dangerous areas and so fewer will try and fewer will succeed. The Border Patrol can handle those areas. There is no way that millions can fly in here or come by boat either. We could have illegal entry down to a trickle.
Our annual immigration already don’t include people who adjust in country

Old 04-07-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
In all actuality this sounds a lot like Dapa

Exactly, and DAPA was overruled by the courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration