Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2007, 07:53 AM

109 posts, read 210,380 times

Advertisements

I also hear the word hate mentioned here often.
I hate no human being on earth, I have compassion for everyone, I am a devout christian, I am also an American.
I believe in god, I believe in our country, I believe in our laws, I believe in protection for our citizens, including our jobs and way of life .
I know we cannot save the world.
I believe in equality for all mankind, therefore I am definately not a racist.
I believe the word illegal, means illegal.
I do not believe that being an illegal gives you special and exclusive priveleges over the rest of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 08:03 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times
I could talk to you all day long, but I know exactly the kind of mindset you have, because I use to have the same mindset attending an evangelical-free church. We would never agree.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I could talk to you all day long, but I know exactly the kind of mindset you have, because I use to have the same mindset attending an evangelical-free church. We would never agree.
Possibly we can't agree on religeon, but give me your opinion on my other question.
We have countries in far worse shape, why should the illegals get exclusive treatment over them?
Should we bring all the people from poverty stricken countries here?
I would like to know your opinion on this.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:17 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
Possibly we can't agree on religeon, but give me your opinion on my other question.
We have countries in far worse shape, why should the illegals get exclusive treatment over them?
Well, the illegals are positioned geographically, so obviously those of other nations cannot arrive here. Many definently hope they could though.

What does treating illegal immigrants in a respectful manner have to do with bringing all the people of poverty stricken countries here?

Old 03-08-2007, 08:23 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,151 times
Quote:
Well, the illegals are positioned geographically, so obviously those of other nations cannot arrive here. Many definently hope they could though.

What does treating illegal immigrants in a respectful manner have to do with bringing all the people of poverty stricken countries here?
. Well we could ship all of them here. How do they treat us with respect?????

Old 03-08-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:

We have the means to bring every starving person on earth here, but then we would be an worse shape than where they came from.
Therefore we can only help them in their own country.
I don't disrespect illegals, I state they are breaking our laws and trying to change our way of life, taking jobs from many.
They do not belong here unless they come here legally, they should go home and let us try to help them there, or apply to come here legally.
The law is the law, it applies to everyone, including you and I.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986
Youthink they spend a couple thousand dollars on one another crossing the border with the idea of "stealing an American's job." Not to mention, risking their lives and the lives of others, leaving their homeland, and coming to a foreign nation without any knowledge of the language. I think that sounds about right.

Great Joke!! lol

Many of you folks have never been to Mexico, which concludes me to believe many responses are in the ozone layer of why illegal immigrants come to U.S. Let me pull you into reality, in Mexico you could make only a few bucks a day, here as minimum wage you make between 45-60 based on the state you live in. That's not difficult math.

Most of your mindset is probably forecasted from extremely biased news networks of whom are relentless towards illegal immigrants.

what does this statement have to do with how we treat illegals?
The comment I made to many other countries refers to this post.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Well,,, my question was, should illegals get exclusive treatment over every disadvantaged country.
What has this to do with respect? Would you show respect to someone if they moved into your home without your permission, made demands that you will accept the situation, and told you they refuse to leave?
Call it however you want, it's the same thing.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:22 AM

238 posts, read 179,667 times
Quote:
What part of the opinion was valid? Maybe I am missing something.

All of it superstar...real interaction = real observation = valid opinion.

Don't agree cool? that too is also valid.

(your reasons why you don't agree might or might not be valid)

...Review Redbird's post:

"Ain't that a whoopin. Why no response?

This thread has been rehashed so many times you are now preaching to the choir.

Many have opted to steer clear of the forum posts where minds are set and no amount of discussion is going to change it or more importantly the situation. It becomes endless rhetoric.

Your anger at the illegal situation is valid, but a day late and a whoopin short.

I am not pro illegal, I was raised around SOCAL and made quite a few perceptions by going to school and working side by side with illegals. And my perceptions are there are criminals and slackers, but there are just as many men and women who can work circles around you or me. It would take 100 statue of liberty's on the desert border to make them all legal. I wonder if your anger would subside then. And a 100 more prisons to lock up all the scum that comes in with the tide.

Are not we all bearing the brunt as taxpayers? I saw the influx of illegals from the southern border back in 1972 hit SE Los Angeles. Here it is 2007 and you are grandstanding and posturing like you have beat down the "pro-illegals" with some mind-numbing question illegal-defying brand spanking new slant. While you are thumping your chest, the border is still open and all the problems still exist. Ain't that a whoopin?"

Old 03-08-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
All of it superstar...real interaction = real observation = valid opinion.

Don't agree cool? that too is also valid.

(your reasons why you don't agree might or might not be valid)

...Review Redbird's post:

"Ain't that a whoopin. Why no response?

This thread has been rehashed so many times you are now preaching to the choir.

Many have opted to steer clear of the forum posts where minds are set and no amount of discussion is going to change it or more importantly the situation. It becomes endless rhetoric.

Your anger at the illegal situation is valid, but a day late and a whoopin short.

I am not pro illegal, I was raised around SOCAL and made quite a few perceptions by going to school and working side by side with illegals. And my perceptions are there are criminals and slackers, but there are just as many men and women who can work circles around you or me. It would take 100 statue of liberty's on the desert border to make them all legal. I wonder if your anger would subside then. And a 100 more prisons to lock up all the scum that comes in with the tide.

Are not we all bearing the brunt as taxpayers? I saw the influx of illegals from the southern border back in 1972 hit SE Los Angeles. Here it is 2007 and you are grandstanding and posturing like you have beat down the "pro-illegals" with some mind-numbing question illegal-defying brand spanking new slant. While you are thumping your chest, the border is still open and all the problems still exist. Ain't that a whoopin?"
No, I still do not see the valid point to this statement, point it out to me, maybe I am slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration