Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:51 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,423,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
You can't deny that there are people on this board and IRL who refuse to look at the issues and power players and turn this into a 'damn messican' conversation. The real culprits here is Corporate America, who exploits cheap labor, holds down labor prices and cheats taxes in hiring illegal workers. Corporate America favors no political party...they pay off equally.
I never have or will deny that all of what you stated plays a huge part in this invasion. Those ethnocentric special interest groups such as LaRaza, LuLac, Maldef, et al, are sponsored by the corporate masters and financed to the tune of 10's of millions of our tax dollars courtesy of our government. Let's not forget the maps courtesy of the Mexican government instructing them how to arrive safely, breed as many anchors as possible and skirt the loopholes in every law possible.

I am by no means delusional in terms of the multitude of corrupt players involved in this game of "no human being is illegal" courtesy of our duplicitous government and those on both sides of the political aisles and border. Their only loyalty is to enriching themselves at the expense of our sovereignty, abolition of the middle class, the re-establishment of slave wages and forming a world wide economic caste system.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-23-2008 at 02:24 PM..

Old 11-23-2008, 01:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,250,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savimbi View Post
I enjoy different languages and speak 3 which is not many but hope to learn more . At least basics .

Spanish is the growing language and important to learn not fear it as some seem to do.
I speak 2. When I go to Thailand I speak Thai. When I am in America I speak english. My wife is Thai so I learned out of respect for her and for her nation of origin.
Those who immigrate to a nation but refuse to assimulate have no respect for the host nation or its people. The host nation should return the attitude.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I speak 2. When I go to Thailand I speak Thai. When I am in America I speak english. My wife is Thai so I learned out of respect for her and for her nation of origin.
Those who immigrate to a nation but refuse to assimulate have no respect for the host nation or its people. The host nation should return the attitude.
There it is in a nutshell. No further explanation needed. Cheers!

Old 11-23-2008, 02:07 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,417,617 times
It is my observation in associating with Mexicans and having friends who are Mexican, that they are a very passionate people. They're very expressive and very family-oriented. Very devoted to family and enjoy sex. I don't see anything wrong with this. They may be experiencing their own "baby boom" right now.

What I don't like is for anyone to be here illegally. If it is found that you are here illegally, having a kid born here should NOT excuse you. You and your kid must be deported. Very simple.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It is my observation in associating with Mexicans and having friends who are Mexican, that they are a very passionate people. They're very expressive and very family-oriented. Very devoted to family and enjoy sex. I don't see anything wrong with this. They may be experiencing their own "baby boom" right now.

What I don't like is for anyone to be here illegally. If it is found that you are here illegally, having a kid born here should NOT excuse you. You and your kid must be deported. Very simple.
Another well stated post summing up reality in a nutshell.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Sadly, we do. Look at the aging of our population. The baby boomers are already moving en masse into social security land. The working population supporting social security is smaller and getting smaller. Who's going to make up the difference?
We do not need illegals any way you spin it.

Too; with Mexico's birthrate imploding as well----------they will be facing that exact same dilemma within probably 3-5 years. The birthrate SOB is now under 2.4 children per woman compared to 7.3 in 1962. Replacement level is 2.1 kids.

Spain: to use as an example of a low birthrate Hispanic nation has a birthrate ca. 1.3 children.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:33 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,238,069 times
I also don't use swear words in public out of the same courtesy.

Can you imagine someone yelling FIRE in Spanish in a theatre? All you would get is a blank stare.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:01 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,769,920 times
Where is that usual crowd of people who hypocritically love illegal immigration, but don't have to live near them, or have never witnessed the 'baby stroller epidemic' in their town? They don't know what it's like to see illegals pushing strollers everywhere in an attempt to bypass U.S. law.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:12 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,955,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Look the only reason to call them "illegal aliens" is simply to reinforce an us-vs.-them mentalitly that the right has worked very hard to establish. Illegal immigrants creates a more familiar tone; the word immigrant is less alienating than alien. Thus, instead of finding viable means and methods to deal with the problem, people would rather build a huge fence and devote our already thin resources to the border. Think of it as a marketing ploy. Alien sounds more sinister. Immigrant has a more neutral connotation. Again, we already established they were illegal. I gey that they are technically criminals. Except the children who did not have a say where they were born. I really don't know where to stand on the law on this. On the one hand, the parents came here illegally to have a child in hopes of the child being a citizen. This may encourage more immigration. However, if this law is taken off from the books, it may NOT decrease immigration. Thus, having more illegal immigrants.

On the larger scheme, we should focus more on the social welfare for those that have crossed. Los Angeles is now a third world city due to the lack of social services to the illegals. I know the arguement will be made that they should not be here. Well, they are, and we should do something to not create a permenant underclass. Having the children born in the US being legal may actually be a means to alleviate this. This allows more financial aid and social services. Others will say that they should be kicked out since they would be using said services and they came here illegally. Well, I'd rather have my tax payer dollars go towards aiding a family than temporarily kick them out. Most studies show that if most deportees are repeat offenders, meaning that they will continue to try. So we should make a guest worker program to make it easy to come in legally.

We should focus on the children of illegal immigrants since they can be an asset to the American economy. We should fund inner city and poor rural schools, fund hospitals in poorer communities, and fund after school programs. In the long run, the investment will be beneficial to out economy. Again, we need to also encourage more legal migration. Being divisive will only compound the problem. It will lead to uneeded waste in spending and a cultural war that would reverse our progress in tolerance. That is not to say we should not catch gangsters selling arms, drugs, and people at the border...

I am sorry if this post is a little all over the place, a little tired right now.
You name at least four itens you think we ought to "Fund" for the benefit & betterment of these illegal aliens, or illegal immegrants if you prefer. Criminals either way. So, to focus on all this, and to fund all these wonderful social programs, will require soome money. You prepared to hand over more of your cash? Life so easy for you that you can afford to deny some things to yoru family so that these folks who sneak over the border, or these children of folks who sneak over the border, can have a better life?
Having a program in place sounds like a nice idea. Now go collect the money for it. I have to tell you, I have better things to spend my hard earned dollars on, things that my family & I have decided upon, that are more important to me than making a better life for a gang of illegal border crossing law breaking invaders.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:24 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,510,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I read somewhere that in the 50's the average Mexican woman had 9 children. Talk about breeding.... Imagine feeding that many mouths in poverty! And it doesn't stop them; they keep on having more!
thank god for WIC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration