Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 06:35 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I hate to use the term breed like rabits, but that's what they are doing.
Makes you wonder when stop long enough to do the jobs Americans won't do, doesn't it?

Old 07-31-2008, 06:36 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Which anyone can get provided having a "reduced" check.
I don't agree that it is THAT easy to produce such a fraudulent check... but you seem to believe it is. Are you talking about a paycheck stub?

Anyway, pretty much anyone can get reduced or free lunch. They almost never (at least where I live) ask for any kind of verification of income.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:38 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
I don't agree that it is THAT easy to produce such a fraudulent check... but you seem to believe it is. Are you talking about a paycheck stub?

Anyway, pretty much anyone can get reduced or free lunch. They almost never (at least where I live) ask for any kind of verification of income.
It is that easy. Ask your employer to give you two checks, one check with less money and one with more money. That check would be proof of your income. It really is that easy. Not saying I do it, I have no children.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:55 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times
Quote:
It is that easy. Ask your employer to give you two checks, one check with less money and one with more money. That check would be proof of your income. It really is that easy. Not saying I do it, I have no children.
Well perhaps these people have employers who are relatives, or something...

My employers past and present would probably tell me to stop wasting their time and that they didn't have to provide me with jack aside from my paycheck! I can't think of one who would go through the hassle, especially if there's an HR department involved.

But okay, if you say it's happening I can't argue with that.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Sometimes I wonder if it's really true that there is that much people living on welfare or if it is a myth, how could we know?
The welfare rates are very very high, only they split the programs up so many people consider TANF to be welfare. Combined welfare programs include food stamps, WIC, housing assistance, utility payments, free breakfasts and lunches. Uneducated, unmarried, teen mothers especially those in the 12-18 year old range, will not be able to support their children without it.

Hispanic (immigrant) rates are very high because they may come to work hard for dirt pay but in this country no one can support a large family on those low wages. Many illegals and green card holders work seasonal jobs, they might harvest fruit -- even work hard for a couple of months but annual income is far far below what is needed to live on.

It's simple really -- an illiterate pregnant teenage unwed girl unable to speak a word of English coming over the border is certainly going to end up on welfare and that is her purpose in coming. Half of Mexican girls here have babies before age 20, often 3 or 4 and most without a husband. Of course their children will be raised on welfare.

Displaced American workers, the ones who couldn't live on those hard-work very low paying jobs the illegals snap up turn to welfare. Unemployed inner city youths don't have much hope in finding a job when it's very easy for employers to bring in truckloads of desperate workers who are the right kind of submissive and will work for less than minimum wage.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
When considering that in today's America about half of the Hispanic population is, in fact, illegal, it can be postulated that half of them could be deported. I already said it once, legal Hispanic residents have a birth rate that is much lower than their illegal counterparts.
Yes, those assimilated American hispanics likely have the same kind of birth rates as any other American especially if they're working and middle class. English speaking American-hispanics have the same high costs of living, the same attitudes about living a welfare lifestyle as others of us do. They encourage their children to finish college, marry and so on before starting families.

The problem is, to a Mexican used to having less than $5 a day as a minimum wage, $3 an hour might seem like great money. There are different cultural attitudes about siring many children even if you make no money to support those children. In Mexico, child support laws don't really exist where in the USA those alone can be a deterrent to siring many children.

Obviously a 15 year old pregnant girl without any means of support hearing about the welfare system in the USA, where having a baby will cost nothing at all, the government will provide everything and more, is going to be crossing over the border to give birth.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This thread proves the theory that many of the so called "anti-illegals" are really anti-hispanic/latino.
It's just that you don't see all that many immigrants from India or Hong Kong or Cuba or many other parts of the world sitting in the welfare offices and their 13 year old daughters proudly having babies.

There are cultural differences, those from the Mexico and Central America have a much different idea of when is a good time to start a family than what most Americans and legal immigrants have.

The latter try not to have children if it's going to put them on welfare, the illegals think that's a great reason to give birth.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:32 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's just that you don't see all that many immigrants from India or Hong Kong or Cuba or many other parts of the world sitting in the welfare offices and their 13 year old daughters proudly having babies.

There are cultural differences, those from the Mexico and Central America have a much different idea of when is a good time to start a family than what most Americans and legal immigrants have.

The latter try not to have children if it's going to put them on welfare, the illegals think that's a great reason to give birth.

Yeah, the welfare is for the poor Latinos who are LEGAL!
Wait...theyre abusing it too?

Who DO deserve welfare?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
No, this is the immigration forum. Of course illegals don't pay taxes, but your generalizing that all illegals are Mexican.
The Mexican flag by far is the most prominent flag at the big protests by illegals. There are some other flags from the other Central American nations.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:37 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The welfare rates are very very high, only they split the programs up so many people consider TANF to be welfare. Combined welfare programs include food stamps, WIC, housing assistance, utility payments, free breakfasts and lunches. Uneducated, unmarried, teen mothers especially those in the 12-18 year old range, will not be able to support their children without it.

Hispanic (immigrant) rates are very high because they may come to work hard for dirt pay but in this country no one can support a large family on those low wages. Many illegals and green card holders work seasonal jobs, they might harvest fruit -- even work hard for a couple of months but annual income is far far below what is needed to live on.

It's simple really -- an illiterate pregnant teenage unwed girl unable to speak a word of English coming over the border is certainly going to end up on welfare and that is her purpose in coming. Half of Mexican girls here have babies before age 20, often 3 or 4 and most without a husband. Of course their children will be raised on welfare.

Displaced American workers, the ones who couldn't live on those hard-work very low paying jobs the illegals snap up turn to welfare. Unemployed inner city youths don't have much hope in finding a job when it's very easy for employers to bring in truckloads of desperate workers who are the right kind of submissive and will work for less than minimum wage.
And they get 'free' (for them) healthcare. People will say illegal aliens are not eligible for Medicaid/Medicare, but funds from both these programs end up covering the medical bills they run up. They benefit from these programs even though they technically cannot sign up for Medicaid/Medicare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration