Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 04:51 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Then look at page three, where dubs states:
Yep. You can take sexual predators out of their country but . . . you can't take the culturally embedded predatory instincts out of the predator.

If she didn't mean to imply this, she can easily correct it here.
if the word PREDATOR didn't strike you the first time, and if the second occurrence of PREDATOR didn't hit your antennae, then surely the THIRD instance of PREDATOR must have slapped you in the face. She was talking about PREDATORS, not MEXICANS. Or maybe you see them as interchangeable nouns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 04:52 PM

350 posts, read 653,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It's what they do, day in and day out. The criminal acts that Americans consider heinous crimes are common occurrences in mexico.

They have become immune to the shock value. It is only when we shine a light on them that it becomes an issue worthy of defensive posturing.
Where are your facts and figures to back this up?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:53 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It's what they do, day in and day out. The criminal acts that Americans consider heinous crimes are common occurrences in mexico.

They have become immune to the shock value. It is only when we shine a light on them that it becomes an issue worthy of defensive posturing.

Maybe soon Chicago become a sanctuary city , You no like ?

I must go now but soon we dance in Chicago streets during Mexico now Owns you day . You come as my guest okay ?

lol besos

Old 08-15-2008, 04:55 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post

lol
Duh . . news flash, it already is. I haven't lived in Chicago for more than 20 years, I just work there.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
if the word PREDATOR didn't strike you the first time, and if the second occurrence of PREDATOR didn't hit your antennae, then surely the THIRD instance of PREDATOR must have slapped you in the face. She was talking about PREDATORS, not MEXICANS. Or maybe you see them as interchangeable nouns?
Take the blinders off.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Not at all as I read it because of this key phrase culturally embedded predatory instincts, which implies the whole Mexican culture is afflicted with this.

Else she would have said: You can take sexual predators out of their country but . . . you can't take the predatory instincts out of the predator

See the difference?
But if she didn't mean it in this way, sure and she can publicly say so now.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Take the blinders off.
First take the log out of your own eye....you know the rest.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Not at all as I read it because of this key phrase culturally embedded predatory instincts, which implies the whole Mexican culture is afflicted with this.

Else she would have said: You can take sexual predators out of their country but . . . you can't take the predatory instincts out of the predator

See the difference?
But if she didn't mean it in this way, sure and she can publicly say so now.
So according to you, there is only Mexican culture? Cannot she be referring to the culture of predators?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
So according to you, there is only Mexican culture? Cannot she be referring to the culture of predators?
The way it was worded, 'cultured embedded' is modifying predatory, which in turn, modifies instincts. And I believe the culture under discussion was not Ukranian, nor Polish, nor Greek, but...Mexican.

Still, let her explain what she means then. Simple enough to clarify, is it not?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:18 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post

I must go now but soon we dance in Chicago streets during Mexico now Owns you day . You come as my guest okay ?

lol besos
Any true reconquista would know that Chicago is already a sanctuary city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration