U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Then stand up the way they did in L.A. Kele's group was not let into Leimert park...Not only by the Hispanics (we don't know if they were all illegal) but by the African American's as well.
What a hoot! You obviously do not live in Chicago (lucky duck). If anyone tried to prevent MECHa or any other of the hispanic ethnic advocacy groups from rallying, they would be rounded up, loaded into paddy wagons and tossed into the city jail so fast your head would spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
185 posts, read 319,436 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Then stand up the way they did in L.A. Kele's group was not let into Leimert park...Not only by the Hispanics (we don't know if they were all illegal) but by the African American's as well.
You prefer mob rule over rule-of-law and stifling free speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Then stand up the way they did in L.A. Kele's group was not let into Leimert park...Not only by the Hispanics (we don't know if they were all illegal) but by the African American's as well.
Do you have any credible articles to substantiate your claim? I find it extremely difficult to believe that blacks are not outraged by illegal immigration in LA. They have been forced out of their neighborhoods, and thousands have lost jobs. I have also seen several videos of blacks protesting illegals in LA. Please share your proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What a hoot! You obviously do not live in Chicago (lucky duck). If anyone tried to prevent MECHa or any other of the hispanic ethnic advocacy groups from rallying, they would be rounded up, loaded into paddy wagons and tossed into the city jail so fast your head would spin.
Well, then your simply not willing to stand up for what you think is right. Kele claims 4 people volunteered to be arrested from their group. And JDub and Guy are claiming they are locked and loaded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you have any credible articles to substantiate your claim? I find it extremely difficult to believe that blacks are not outraged by illegal immigration in LA. They have been forced out of their neighborhoods, and thousands have lost jobs. I have also seen several videos of blacks protesting illegals in LA. Please share your proof.
Video in this thread, Look for it... I didn't post it but it does show blacks refusing to let this group in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Well, then your simply not willing to stand up for what you think is right. Kele claims 4 people volunteered to be arrested from their group. And JDub and Guy are claiming they are locked and loaded.
I'd like for you to answer the question, ibarrio...
Quote:
You prefer mob rule over rule-of-law and stifling free speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
You prefer mob rule over rule-of-law and stifling free speech?
Nope. But it doesn't mean the people down at Leimart park see it that way because it is obvious they don't. Which leads me to this question.

Who should be held liable for this apparent stifling of free speech? The city? The Police? The police were keeping the peace because if the group did go into the park it most likely would have turned ugly. So should the group sue the very poor residents of the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:24 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Well, then your simply not willing to stand up for what you think is right. Kele claims 4 people volunteered to be arrested from their group. And JDub and Guy are claiming they are locked and loaded.
I stand up for what I think is right all the time. I personally may not want MECHa to rally in a Chicago public park but (assuming those rallying are US citizens) their rights to freely speak and assemble are protected by the Constitution. And if they have the proper permits and such, then the city of Chicago has also given their stamp of approval. Now, I can also get a permit and stage a protest against the rally, but I cannot physically intimidate and threaten them to the point where they leave out of fear for their safety. Since this is Chicago, they could do that to me and get away with it, but that does not make it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:32 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Nope. But it doesn't mean the people down at Leimart park see it that way because it is obvious they don't. Which leads me to this question.

Who should be held liable for this apparent stifling of free speech? The city? The Police? The police were keeping the peace because if the group did go into the park it most likely would have turned ugly. So should the group sue the very poor residents of the area?
The LAPD could easily have kept the peace if they wanted to. As a matter of fact, IMO if the situation were reversed and a group of hispanic illegal immigration advocates were going into an area where that particular 'community' was not interested in having them around, every policeman on the force would have been there to insure that the hispanic group's rights were not infringed upon. Mayor Villaracist would have personally seen to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2008, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
185 posts, read 319,436 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Nope. But it doesn't mean the people down at Leimart park see it that way because it is obvious they don't. Which leads me to this question.

Who should be held liable for this apparent stifling of free speech? The city? The Police? The police were keeping the peace because if the group did go into the park it most likely would have turned ugly. So should the group sue the very poor residents of the area?
*sigh*

Ted Hayes, Kele and crew had a permit to assemble. The mob had no such permit and many were not even citizens!

The mob spread LIES saying that the KKK was going to protest in the park.

The police handled it the way they did because they knew if they let the people in that had a permit to do so, the illegals and their mob would go into their characteristic savage mode and start havoc.

This is not the kind of America I can look forward to.

I think you know all of this but are just being obstinate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top