Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:16 PM

87 posts, read 129,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
How does this article have anything to do with Americans helping illegal aliens?
Well, you see, there are Federal Laws that prohibit Americans from helping criminal illegal aliens and if the Americans get caught, the government will take way their houses, cars, property and fine them and put them in J-A-I-L charged with felonies. Then the Americans will have to pay a lawyer to help them stay out of Prison. And isn’t just like the government to go after the people (Americans) who have the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 06:16 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Another ethnic group that AA's both respect but almost 'hate' in a way are Blacks (and their American born children) who immigrated here as free people from Africa along with Jamaica, etc. The latter are arguably the most successful socio-economic group in the USA...........possibly ahead of Asians.
That's great if it's true, but where exactly did you get that from?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
That's great if it's true, but where exactly did you get that from?
A person (including a group of persons, business, organization or local government) commits a federal felony when he:

Assists an alien whom he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him to obtain employment, encourages that alien to remain in the U.S., by referring him to an employer, by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.
Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime.

SOURCE:

http://www.americanpatrol.com/FAIR/h...crimeFAIR.html

Old 01-04-2009, 06:26 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Assimilated or no, their dollars are welcomed here.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
Well, you see, there are Federal Laws that prohibit Americans from helping criminal illegal aliens and if the Americans get caught, the government will take way their houses, cars, property and fine them and put them in J-A-I-L charged with felonies. Then the Americans will have to pay a lawyer to help them stay out of Prison. And isn’t just like the government to go after the people (Americans) who have the most.
I didn't ask you about to define a law several times like a busted record player, I asked:

Quote:
How does this article have anything to do with Americans helping illegal aliens?

Old 01-04-2009, 07:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Assimilated or no, their dollars are welcomed here.
Except they don't bring dollars, they're here to take them. Their government wants them here to send back remittance money and whatever dollars they take that are spent here could have been better spent by an American or legal immigrant.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I didn't ask you about to define a law several times like a busted record player, I asked:
I totally Agree (ITA) with you! Americas shouldn't hire illegal aliens or do business with illegal aliens and boycott any business that hires illegal aliens.

Penalties -- The basic statutory maximum penalty for violating 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(i) and (v)(I) (alien smuggling and conspiracy) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both.

With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years.

In addition, significant enhanced penalties are provided for in violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1) involving serious bodily injury or placing life in jeopardy.

Moreover, if the violation results in the death of any person, the defendant may be punished by death or by imprisonment for any term of years. The basic penalty for a violation of subsection 1324(a)(2) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(A).

Enhanced penalties are provided for violations involving bringing in criminal aliens, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i), offenses done for commercial advantage or private financial gain, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(ii), and violations where the alien is not presented to an immigration officer immediately upon arrival, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(iii).

A mandatory minimum three year term of imprisonment applies to first or second violations of § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i) or (B)(ii). Further enhanced punishment is provided for third or subsequent offenses.

SOURCE:
Criminal Resource Manual 1907 Title 8, U.S.C. 1324(a) Offenses

Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
I total Agree (ITA) with you Americas shouldn't hire illegal aliens or do business with illegal aliens and boycott any business that hires illegal aliens.

Penalties -- The basic statutory maximum penalty for violating 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(i) and (v)(I) (alien smuggling and conspiracy) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than 10 years, or both.

With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years.

In addition, significant enhanced penalties are provided for in violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1) involving serious bodily injury or placing life in jeopardy.

Moreover, if the violation results in the death of any person, the defendant may be punished by death or by imprisonment for any term of years. The basic penalty for a violation of subsection 1324(a)(2) is a fine under title 18, imprisonment for not more than one year, or both, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(A).

Enhanced penalties are provided for violations involving bringing in criminal aliens, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i), offenses done for commercial advantage or private financial gain, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(ii), and violations where the alien is not presented to an immigration officer immediately upon arrival, 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(2)(B)(iii).

A mandatory minimum three year term of imprisonment applies to first or second violations of § 1324(a)(2)(B)(i) or (B)(ii). Further enhanced punishment is provided for third or subsequent offenses.

SOURCE:
Criminal Resource Manual 1907 Title 8, U.S.C. 1324(a) Offenses
So......how does this article have anything to do with Americans helping illegal aliens?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM

197 posts, read 266,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Assimilation is needed because that is what has so far held the US together. Frankly, I see this trend of viewing allegiance to one's ethnic group as more important than allegiance to America as potentially posing serious problems. When enough people decide that their 'group', whatever it may be, is more important than their role as a citizen of the US, we will splinter into a number of disagreeing factions similar to the what happened in the former Yugoslavia.

Hispanics who are probably here illegally have also destroyed many neighborhoods by clown houses, cars parked on lawns and unacceptable behavior. Since the invasion began in earnest, I suspect more neighborhoods have been trashed than have been rebuilt.
This is way too stereotypical, the same can be said about any other ethnicity, i.e trailer parks..

Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
So......how does this article have anything to do with Americans helping illegal aliens?
Yes, I think you're right again, all Americans should report businesses that hire illegal alien whenever possible!

US Attorneys Criminal Resource Manual 1918

Criminal Resource Manual

1918 Arrest of Illegal Aliens by State and Local Officers

Subsection 1324(c) of Title 8 specifically authorizes state and local officers "whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws" to make arrests for violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324. There is also a general federal statute which authorizes certain local officials to make arrests for violations of federal statutes, 18 U.S.C. § 3041. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has held that 18 U.S.C. § 3041 authorizes those local officials to issue process for the arrest, to be executed by law enforcement officers. See United States v. Bowdach, 561 F.2d 1160, 1168 (5th Cir. 1977).

Rule 4(a)(1) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure provides that an arrest warrant "shall be executed by a marshal or by some other officer authorized by law." The phrase, "some other officer," includes state and local officers. Bowdach, supra.

SOURCE:

Criminal Resource Manual 1918 Arrest of Illegal Aliens by State and Local Officers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration