Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:40 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,295,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana123 View Post
I really don't know why i come on this site & read all these posts, especially the ones by bcreass & jdubbsmom. I never realized the hatred these sob's have,calling my flag disgusting? Other posts just express their opinions on the subject & i respect that. But theses 2 are full of hatred. All the cubans are here, tough & will be in heaven also, thank God you won't be there.
Hatred? What hatred are you talking about? I don't know about you, but I don't "hate" anyone.

Why is it that people like us can't express our opinions about what we feel is an unfair and outdated immigration system?

Also, let me tell you that I live in Miami and while I accept that Cubans are not all to blame for the problems here and the way this city has turned out, a lot of the illegals came here because Miami became a Spanish speaking mecca, in which you can get by without even knowing English, at the expense of those who were here LONG before the Mariel Boatlift incident.

As for your flag, I don't hate it, but I don't particularly like the fact that some of you people fly your flags all over the place. After all, you came here for a new life and to be US citizens, not just Cubans waiting to go back to Cuba.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:54 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,075,384 times
Cubans are starting to enter the U.S. via Texas Houston News - Immigration: Cubans Enter U.S. at Texas-Mexico Border - page 5

Old 05-04-2009, 02:58 PM

234 posts, read 295,991 times
Default its about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Yes, they are legal under the ridiculous "wet foot, dry foot" policy, but why do few of you consider the problem of Cuban immigration in South Florida?

I have to be honest with you, I've lived in Miami for over 6 years and I can honestly say that I have not met one "decent" Cuban. Most are crooks, in one way or another.

Medicare fraud is rampant here, hit and run murders are a regular occurrence. Many of these people refuse to learn English and fly their disgusting Cuban flags everywhere, as if they have colonized South Florida and turned it into North Cuba.

But don't take my word for it -- either spend some time in the "real" Miami (not the glossed over South Beach version), or take a look at these links:

Cubans in $110M Medicare fraud bought 12 condos in Dominican capital - DominicanToday.com

Miami Cuban Medicare Fraud Spinning out of Control- (Poorbuthappy in Off Topic: do your thing!)

Miami police identify suspect in doctor's hit-run death - Breaking News - Broward - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/breaking-news/story/872881.html - broken link)

This nonsense should have been stopped when the Mariel Boatlift occurred. These people have had over half a century to get rid of Castro and his regime. We turn Haitians away without question, even though Haiti is far more f--ked up than Cuba.

I challenge all Californians, Arizonans and Texans who feel strongly about Mexicans immigrants to come and live in Miami for just a few weeks. At least your states are still "America". Miami has degenerated into a corrupt, near-third world cesspool of human waste, thanks to the waves of immigrants that have come here and taken over.
Miami mayors are corrupt and anything goes.. miami has been little cuba for years..
but when you have 30-40 illegals crossing the border and having anchor babies so taxpayers have to support them from birth through college is sick..this country has spent a few trillions on illegals and now we broke..

this crap is disgusting. Government spending is out of control in all aspects..

The cost of illegal immigrants to the American taxpayer | Kevin Colby: News and Political blog

California’s Illegal Aliens Cost Taxpayers Nearly $9 Billion A Year « MorganWrites

Illegal Aliens in Los Angeles County Cost Taxpayers 3 Billion Dollars Annually « An Angeleno’s View of the World

[SIZE=2]http://soldiersmind.com/2008/02/12/c...l-immigration/

Illegal Immigrant Tax Probe Expanding-Phony SS#'s collect tax refunds

I-Team: Fake IDs Easy To Get For Immigrants - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore (http://www.wbaltv.com/news/13784640/detail.html - broken link)
[/SIZE]

Old 05-04-2009, 03:04 PM

234 posts, read 295,991 times
Default i

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana123 View Post
I really don't know why i come on this site & read all these posts, especially the ones by bcreass & jdubbsmom. I never realized the hatred these sob's have,calling my flag disgusting? Other posts just express their opinions on the subject & i respect that. But theses 2 are full of hatred. All the cubans are here, tough & will be in heaven also, thank God you won't be there.

i really haven't read the previous threads but if you hang a cuban flag in america, at least hang the american flag over it.. you are in america and NOt cuba.. respect our flag and our customs..Cubans came into florida many years ago and took over Miami.. they hang signs in their homes "americans go home".. so try and realize this is the garbage americans have to deal with.. now with 30-40 illegal aliens bombarding the usa and demanding we pay their way is absurd.. Americans have had enough..

Old 05-04-2009, 06:34 PM

Whether you agree with Cuban immigration or not, another problem is that since Miami became a mecca for Cubans, over the last 10-15 years it has also become a mecca for ILLEGAL immigrants from countries such as Colombia, Nicaragua, Peru, Mexico and Venezuela. Just take a drive through parts of Miami and you'll feel like you're in Lima or Bogota, but without the beautiful scenery in the distance.

I don't have a problem with the older generations of Cubans that came here 25+ years ago. They were genuine refugees, but the more recent waves (post Mariel) and the waves of illegals from other Latin American countries have been a disaster for South Florida and have truly turned what was once the USA into something else.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:38 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,791,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Indeed...and last time *I* checked, Hungarians have never tried to "take over", have never tried to ram their language or culture (or lack thereof) down our throats, nor have they killed someone with a car, then driven off like a coward (either because they're drunk, have no license or genuinely don't give a rat's ass about another human being).
I am part Hungarian, the US would be lucky to have more immigration from our land. We are hard-working, intelligent people.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I am part Hungarian, the US would be lucky to have more immigration from our land. We are hard-working, intelligent people.
I don't doubt that...I mean, how many Hungarians do you hear about forcing Hungarian on everyone and taking over whole cities?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM

[quote=a flag of honor;8648705]Miami mayors are corrupt and anything goes.. miami has been little cuba for years..
but when you have 30-40 illegals crossing the border and having anchor babies so taxpayers have to support them from birth through college is sick..this country has spent a few trillions on illegals and now we broke..

this crap is disgusting. Government spending is out of control in all aspects../quote]

Miami itself is very corrupt. Medicare fraud is rife here, politicians are worse here and less accountable than most other places in the US (if not all of them).

For instance, the latest lunacy is the new Marlins stadium:

Rob Neyer: Numbers for new Marlins stadium don't add up - ESPN

Hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayers' money are being pumped into this ridiculous project, in a city with some of the worst schools in the country, poorest transport infrastructure and some of the highest foreclosure rates in the country.

Politicians here, whether Republican or Democrat pander to Cuban issues only.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Exactly what population would you all be ok with in the US? Six billion? Where is the cutoff point? IMO we've already breached that threshold. It's time for other Countries to take care of their own. By default we will become third world status because of head count.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Part Hunky here as well: my father fled Magyarorszag via Germany for the USA back in 1951---------he did it the right way with a sponsor, etc.

The other half of me is essentially Virginia hillbilly whose ancestors fought in the Civil War out of Orange, Va.

Remember though; like modern Italians and Spaniards, Hungarians ain't exactly 'breeders' these days-----------besides, we will marry anything but another Hungarian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration