Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:30 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times

Advertisements

Hello people, this thread is to describe the feelings that this issue produce in you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Anger, Frustration, Disgust, Betrayal -- and an overwhelming sense of resolve to fight this invasion to the bitter end.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Anger, Frustration, Disgust, Betrayal -- and an overwhelming sense of resolve to fight this invasion to the bitter end.
Your post eloquently summed up my feelings as well.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Lack of appreciation for what has been given in the past (including several amnnesties).....unlimited demands for MORE things to be 'given' in the future (with no apparent end in sight)....and an overwhelming sense of one-sided "wants", with little or no benefits for the American population....We're being told "this is for OUR benefit", but I don't see it that way. I think it's for somebody ELSE'S benefit, and I resent the dishonesty.

Worst of all....an all-encompassing sense that this has become little more than a 'racial controversy', having little to do with anything else.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
I am mad as hell. I too feel betrayed-by our government, by US companies and by fellow US citizens.

They are illegal. The "debate" should end there. There should be no justification, no tugging on heartstrings, no charges of xenophobia and racism etc.

The fact that there has to be a debate is disturbing and boils my blood and those politicians, employers and others who break the law, make excuses or refuse to uphold the law are nothing short of traitorous.

I am mad as hell that I have to spend my money, my time and my resources fighting this fight. I am mad as hell that my fellow law abiding US citizens have to do the same.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:15 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
You also summed up my feelings.

Illegal is illegal, why reward people for being in our country illegally, driving a car illegally, stealing peoples identities, why on earth would we want to invite these criminals to stay?

I like the fence, love the fence. Make it longer, put up some gaurd towers and make it next to imposible to cross over into the US.

I think Visas should be required for Mexicans to even visit the US.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:29 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
It will only be a matter of time before the same resolve that many feel turn to outright violence. Many innocent Hispanic Americans will be hurt when that happens.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:32 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
It will only be a matter of time before the same resolve that many feel turn to outright violence. Many innocent Hispanic Americans will be hurt when that happens.
Let's hope not.....the certain result, beyond the injury of innocent parties, would certainly be a huge crackdown....on ALL of us....at OUR OWN REQUEST...to "keep us safe"(from each other)...it would be like one on MY dystopian predictions coming true.

Let's hope we never go there.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:35 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You also summed up my feelings.

Illegal is illegal, why reward people for being in our country illegally, driving a car illegally, stealing peoples identities, why on earth would we want to invite these criminals to stay?

I like the fence, love the fence. Make it longer, put up some gaurd towers and make it next to imposible to cross over into the US.

I think Visas should be required for Mexicans to even visit the US.
About like Poland when they were invaded by the Germans in WW2. I second the motion on the fence.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Let's hope not.....the certain result, beyond the injury of innocent parties, would certainly be a huge crackdown....on ALL of us....at OUR OWN REQUEST...to "keep us safe"(from each other)...it would be like one on MY dystopian predictions coming true.

Let's hope we never go there.
I know that Hispanic Americans (if they feel threatened) will probably join together to defend themselves. There will be gangs of Whites and Hispanics fighting each other like what happened with the Irish/Italian in the northeast or white/black in the south.

Obviously, I hope we never go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration