Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:12 AM

277 posts, read 368,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
No its not. Dont you know we are at war. During war we need to know who the aliens are, As I said I have to have an ID and as long as I do everyone else should...DUH!
Yeah ok...whatever you say. Liberty or death! Ever heard of that. All you people that are in favor of harassing people by asking for "papers" like we are communists, don't believe in the constitution of the United States and Bill of Rights. Commie behavior is what I would call this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 02:16 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
immigration should come and do it. but of course they are under order not to. when is the last time you saw a BP car in front of a home depot? yep they look look look but just cant seem to find em.
come to the circus
Yes complete with Mariachi Clown Music..

Old 11-09-2009, 02:20 AM

22 posts, read 18,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Yes complete with Mariachi Clown Music..
Now that's the way you keep the conversation from going racist or anti-Mexican, and keep it soley about illegal immigration.

You say it's "clown" music, but you look like the real joke to me.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:27 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yes I would. I would support police asking any non-english speaking day laborer for proper ID including green cards.
So, if a person doesn't speak English, that makes it a good possibility that they are here illegally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
I say stop and ask anyone who can't answer you back in English. I wouldnt care if the police had to stop everyone single one of at times for the next 5 yes. This country created a foolish situation with uncontrolled borders and now it will take extreme measures to clean it up
And apparently there are no illegals that can speak English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
What papers? There are no 'papers' that anyone carries around with them that proves immigration status or citizenship. The police would be asking for something that does not exist.
You mean you don't carry around your birth certificate, social security card, shot records and elementary school report cards around with you? Sheesh, I guess I'm over-prepared for nothing.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:02 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, Police should be asking everyone they have cause to question, if they have a proper ID. Loitering is a cause for questioning.
Those that cannot produce an ID, need to be detained until they can positively identify them.
Those that are citizens and here legally will have some form of ID. Those that cannot produce such, need to be dealt with and sent back to where they have a birth certificate.
Thank you.

Loitering is probable cause to be stopped------------hell, I have have been asked for ID when younger while just 'hanging out'.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
East LA, Montebello (plaza Mexico), Compton (after the riots of the 1990s, when middle income African Americans moved to suburban IE...one of the saving graces with influx of people and $), South LA...

I think you get my point. Many lower income communities are supported by sales tax that are generated by illegal immigrants (since much of their population is illegal).

Postsville, IA is also an example.
Considering that SoCal is $$$ to live in; if the illegals were thrown out----------Americans would move in quite quickly and gentrify the above enclaves.

I am seeing just that here in the Phx area; in fact; my G/F bought a foreclosed upon house from the bank that belonged to (probable) illegal aliens so the invasion is being beaten back.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Yeah ok...whatever you say. Liberty or death! Ever heard of that. All you people that are in favor of harassing people by asking for "papers" like we are communists, don't believe in the constitution of the United States and Bill of Rights. Commie behavior is what I would call this!
Deal with it-------------I have nothing to hide if stopped.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:13 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What I do know is that in many communities there is a strong reliance on the income generated by illegal immigrants.
And the vast majority of those communities are SOB receiving money illegally obtained by criminals residing within the US.

Transfer of money out of this country via Western Union or other money transfer services should be tightly controlled and restricted to that sent by US citizens or legal residents. No legal ID, no transfer - no exceptions.

Go after the employers, and go after the means to send money "home", and we'll be making progress in eliminating the infestation.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:42 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Considering that SoCal is $$$ to live in; if the illegals were thrown out----------Americans would move in quite quickly and gentrify the above enclaves.

I am seeing just that here in the Phx area; in fact; my G/F bought a foreclosed upon house from the bank that belonged to (probable) illegal aliens so the invasion is being beaten back.
No they wouldn't... we've seen the middle class flight occur in the 1990s (during a time of gentrification in SF, and SD, yet not in LA)...the big push to the Inland regions of SoCal. Crime is also higher in said regions. We also see that gentrification is weak during the recession. DT LA is not as desirable as it once was. Jobs are moving away to more suburban locales. So, this is flawed.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And the vast majority of those communities are SOB receiving money illegally obtained by criminals residing within the US.
Okay? So what? You never sped down the freeway too fast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration